User Tag List

Page 2254 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 12541754215422042244225222532254225522562264230423542754 ... LastLast
Results 22,531 to 22,540 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never even met anyone who owned two books.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    That would mean having to buy two books and two bullets you moran.
    Full Metal Jacket would be the title I'd go for. I suspect the one copy would do for both shots.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's the ongoing investigation into the repeated 500 server errors going? Will it be concluded this century?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    How's the ongoing investigation into the repeated 500 server errors going? Will it be concluded this century?
    Oh that. Jofnn is on it, he's moving the site to a new server which hopefully will give us lots of different errors.
    He's recently been on holiday, rather selfishly if you ask me, which has delayed things somewhat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Oh that. Jofnn is on it, he's moving the site to a new server which hopefully will give us lots of different errors.
    He's recently been on holiday, rather selfishly if you ask me, which has delayed things somewhat.
    Would you say, all in all, he's a reliable sort?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh, we probably should have stayed with Invision. Having our site gives us certain freedoms in terms of what we can post and VBulliten is overall a more powerful engine which gives us more scope for doing things with this place but as we're obviously never going to it probably wasn't really worth moving.
    Seemed like a good idea at the time.
    Hopefully the new server will be more stable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much do you pay for the server, if you don't mind me asking. And is it a shared or dedicated resource? I ask because it's barely more expensive than shared hosting to get a VPS these days. A $20 DigitalOcean droplet in the London data centre should be more than enough to run this forum stably and reliably. Euro based Scaleway does even cheaper prices.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jof pays for it so I don't know, but he does run other things on it other than GW.
    I did suggest Azure a while back (having been somewhat brainwashed by Microsoft about it) but he didn't think that would be cost-effective.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sites I host have been running on a dedicated server that was significantly bigger than required to ensure breathability for all sites on there (in essence, not paying for a dedicated to replicate a shared environment). Unfortunately, there have been a number of issues with that server, resulting in a lot of switched hardware and updates. The server unfortunately also had numerous service failures per day, resulting in a number of outages or unexpected errors... As such, it makes it quite difficult to understand which errors are site-specific (I.e. GW or VBulletin related) and which are being driven by server instability.

As part of slimming my own business and cost base down, I have now moved over to new flexible VM's that will grow/shrink as I need it to. This also means, in the event of another one of these stints of issues, I can easily spin up a replacement server within hours and avoid the usual DNS replication issues.

Re: the question of whether I'm reliable... I should think so, given that I dedicate a lot of my own time (above my normal hosting agreements) to keep this forum up and running. I have a lot of experience in managing and developing VB forums and hosting - and have been working tirelessly (even while on holiday - trying to sort a server out in Malta while at a wedding) to get this server sorted.