User Tag List

Page 2299 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 12991799219922492289229722982299230023012309234923992799 ... LastLast
Results 22,981 to 22,990 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you gotta go...

Although she went to his place on a first date, so...

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I think Jacob Rees Mogg is an utter joke of a man. He looks like someone's butler from an Agatha Christie novel.

I am also pro choice but for the life of me I don't find anything he said wrong in his interview this morning. He's not trying to impose his values on others, and actually I think you can be opposed to abortion without being a Christian. I disagree with him about life starting at conception because it's not what can be called viable life it's just potential life otherwise you could even stretch the point and say masturbation is mass murder.
    But I do respect the beliefs of pro life people because I think they are sincere moral beliefs. And for that oily turd Morgan to pillory him for it when he's gone on about being a Catholic himself just shows what a greasy little weasel he is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's weird how it's gone.
    30 years ago, maybe less, anyone who thought that marriage could be between 2 men or two women would have been ridiculed.
    Now it's the other way around, if you think that marriage is between a man and a women then you are a "bigot" or spreading "hate".
    Only one opinion is allowed now on certain topics.
    Doesn't "bigotry" mean intolerance towards someone who has a different opinion from you? Who are the ones being bigots, the ones expressing the more traditional view about marriage or those shouting them down?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    On Gay marriage I tend to think what business is it of yours what people chose to do with their lives. Religious organisations seem to believe Marriage of any stripe comes solely under their umbrella, well it doesn't.

However its also no business of mine to tell the Catholic Church to permit same sex couples to wed under their purview

And as long as that understanding holds, I don't see a problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well. People get married in church, so...
    I know they don't have to these days, but traditionally that's how it's been done.
    So I don't think churches should be compelled to marry couples who they don't want to - and I'm not just talking about the gays, two heterosexuals who are marrying for silly reasons would also be objected to (notably that silly thing where two people got married at first sight for a TV programme).

Think we're pretty much agreeing. I'm just a bit tired of seeing people - at the moment because of the Australian vote on same sex marriage - violently objecting to any other point of view as though no other opinion is allowed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we can all agree that Rees-Mogg is a cunt.

I personally don't care for his religious beliefs. His voting record is something else, though.

Wholly unqualified to be party leader, never mind PM.
    Last edited by GP; 06-09-2017 at 11:48 AM.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On 16 Apr 2013:
    Jacob Rees-Mogg voted against making it illegal to discriminate on the basis of caste

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well. People get married in church, so...
    I know they don't have to these days, but traditionally that's how it's been done.
    So I don't think churches should be compelled to marry couples who they don't want to - and I'm not just talking about the gays, two heterosexuals who are marrying for silly reasons would also be objected to (notably that silly thing where two people got married at first sight for a TV programme).

Think we're pretty much agreeing. I'm just a bit tired of seeing people - at the moment because of the Australian vote on same sex marriage - violently objecting to any other point of view as though no other opinion is allowed.
    There's these things called town halls and registry offices.

If I ever lose my grip on my faculties enough to want to get Married it wouldn't be in a church as I'm not a hypocrite.

Because you can get married in church doesn't change the fact it's a civil ceremony.

But yeah I think despite approaching it from different angles we do agree. Although as much as you object to me pointing it out, the Bible hates the act of sex between a man and a man so why two dudes would get married in a religious service that will always hate what they do even if it claims not to hate them for what they are is beyond me anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Booked a break in Barcelona last night, we haven't had much of a holiday this year and MrsL wanted to go away for our anniversary.
    Just noticed Barca are at home the Sunday of our trip. Wonder whether I could get tickets and how much MrsL will punch me in the face if I do...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love Barcelona, probably my favourite European city. It's very easy to get tickets to Barca games, I'm sure she can give you one evening tbh. My missus enjoyed it even though she's not a fan of football.