User Tag List

Page 2303 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 13031803220322532293230123022303230423052313235324032803 ... LastLast
Results 23,021 to 23,030 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    £19.18 for another 2 years of GW.
    No need to thank me.
    Fair play I still find myself coming here enough

Maybe you need some word of mouth advertisement

If you like internecine arguments on matters of minutuae and political debates with alcoholic libertarians than this is the place for you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have a million leaflets for the place that IT (IT ) did and I got printed.
    Kept meaning to get someone to give them out outside the ground one match day but never did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think forums like this are less popular they they once were.

Places like Reddit have made them a bit obsolete.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's a dying breed tbh. Facebook groups have also sprung up and dicks people talk on there instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set up a Patreon or PayPal donate and people wouldn't mind chucking is a few quid to keep the place running.

Facebook is the biggest pile of shit since Facebook.

More is not always better, although a few more would be nice in the case of GW.

Even so, for the people who do post here (most of them being GP under multiple accounts I suppose), we know each other and can enjoy in-house jokes and have a ruck without it getting out of hand. That would be lost on a platform like Reddit, which happens to be the biggest pile of shit since Facebook.

And who wants to chase a million posts a day anyway? Being able to track all the conversations without being a keyboard stop-in is possible, especially on the days (or weeks) where there are no posts at all.

Any anyway - don't assume that GW has no influence. I have often seen the content of posts from here, jokes, etc, verbatim on other sites, YouTube, etc. So people read even if they don't contribute. And they nick stuff, the bastards.

I know we scratch each others eyes out all the time, but GW has value and it's appreciated that the guys and yourself keep it running.

I'd be wasting huge amounts of time doing work if it weren't for GW.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Fair play I still find myself coming here enough

Maybe you need some word of mouth advertisement

If you like internecine arguments on matters of minutuae and political debates with alcoholic libertarians than this is the place for you
    What you talkin'bout Willis?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forums like this are very dated but survive through the small group of regulars who make it their own. I don't think we can ever realistically expect this place to boom with new members again thanks to how prominent social media is now, however I don't think it needs to either.

I'd rather read NQ's latest rant than have boring new members who don't get what GW is about.

GW is pretty much a pub that's having a permanent lock in.

It's just a shame our club hasn't given us anything new to talk about in years.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 12-09-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't won anything since GW started.

So in reality, it's all Letters' fault.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Set up a Patreon or PayPal donate and people wouldn't mind chucking is a few quid to keep the place running.
    I did think about something like that when this place was a bit bigger. Tbh it doesn't cost that much to keep the place going, and it's worth it for the level of respect I'm afforded.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I did think about something like that when this place was a bit bigger. Tbh it doesn't cost that much to keep the place going, and it's worth it for the level of respect I'm afforded.

Cheers fuckface