User Tag List

Page 2304 of 3207 FirstFirst ... 13041804220422542294230223032304230523062314235424042804 ... LastLast
Results 23,031 to 23,040 of 32068

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QED

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Windows for Workgroups 3.1

I wrestled with that ugly bitch more times than I can forget, and lost every time.

Awful non-operating system
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3.1 was basically a thin veneer on top of MS-DOS. I remember you had to type "win" to get into it, by default a PC would just go to a blank screen. Kids today wouldn't have a clue what to do if their computer did that.

Kids

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    3.1 was basically a thin veneer on top of MS-DOS. I remember you had to type "win" to get into it, by default a PC would just go to a blank screen. Kids today wouldn't have a clue what to do if their computer did that.

Kids
    Are you sure about that?

I used 3.1 well over twenty years ago now and I remember it default loading Windows

I remember using MS Dos and all that shit before that. I remember using 5.25 floppy discs even

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Are you sure about that?

I used 3.1 well over twenty years ago now and I remember it default loading Windows

I remember using MS Dos and all that shit before that. I remember using 5.25 floppy discs even
    It was loaded by autoexec.bat which was set up or modded during the install. Boot would go to DOS then fire up Windows. I remember DOS used to come on 2 disks and when windows arrived you were lugging 7 disks about. And then the disks would corrupt and you'd end up with these mix and match sets that would take constant swapping during the install.

"Don't steal my fucking disks you cunt!" was an obligatory marker pen message on each disk, especially the last working disk with the printer driver on it. "Can I borrow your disk 3?" - No, fuck off!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Are you sure about that?

Maybe it depended on how you had it configured. Mine started by default in BOSS. Being a card-carrying geek I used to do quite a lot in DOS.
    Windows 3.1 couldn't multi-task for shit. Try playing an audio file and then writing something to the floppy disk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly. Arguing with people on the internet is so futile.
    I realise the irony of posting that on here but the way they respond to what they think you've said and now what you've actually said is tiresome.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Honestly. Arguing with people on the internet is so futile.
    I realise the irony of posting that on here but the way they respond to what they think you've said and now what you've actually said is tiresome.
    And this is in reference to?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something on FB. Some woman bleating about "rape culture". Victim blaming and
    I said that while in a perfect world women could act how they liked and not be in danger, in the real world they can't so while it's not their "fault" if they get attacked, there are ways of behaving which will put them in more danger than they need to.

She said

"you're basically saying that rape is almost expected because a woman wants to have casual sex, but if she's more promiscuous then it would be more shocking!"

Literally didn't say anything like that. . Then she said:

"Talk to victims of rape and see if they deserved it or not. I dare you to ask them!!"

Again, didn't say they deserved it. Actually said the opposite. Honestly. Just pointless talking to someone to responds to logic with shouting and hysteria.