User Tag List

Page 2321 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 13211821222122712311231923202321232223232331237124212821 ... LastLast
Results 23,201 to 23,210 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yes, in any society and no matter what the laws are, some criminals will obtain weapons. That is not an argument to do nothing.
    And yes, some of the weapons this bloke had were modified but not all and they were all very powerful assault rifles which even without modification are designed to kill a lot of people very efficiently. You cannot sensibly claim this sort of weapon is for protection or self defence.
    The US is the only country, as far as I know, where these sorts of weapons can be bought quite legally at gun shows with no background checks.
    By co-incidence, the US is the only developed country which has this insane rate of gun crimes and mass shootings.
    Why don't you look up the law on automatic weapons instead of blandly stating that nothing has been done? Get educated then have an opinion. And anyway, what's it to you? If Americans want guns then that's their business. You should be happy. We can't do shit over here without being taxed or prosecuted or both.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If something has been done then it hasn't been very effective.
    What's it to me is a reasonable question and you're right, doesn't really effect me.
    Are we only supposed to care about or have opinions about matters which directly effect us though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If something has been done then it hasn't been very effective.
    What's it to me is a reasonable question and you're right, doesn't really effect me.
    Are we only supposed to care about or have opinions about matters which directly effect us though?
    "Concerned" people are politically concerned about gun control and this concern has been drip fed by the left wing who have always had a policy of disarming the public. Of course they have. It's harder for the pigs to be more equal than everyone else when the sheep have rifles. Don't imagine for a second that all the virtue signalling champions that crawl out of their gutters to exploit these events give a shit about the victims. They don't.

And I'll restate, the government is by far the biggest user of guns and by far the biggest user of guns for violently attacking innocent civilians. Why isn't the left crying about these realities? They are anti-war, I thought? The government is also the only entity permitted to break the anti-gun laws that were introduced in 1934 and 1968. Why is there no equality under the law? Should a habitual and flagrant lawbreaking government be permitted to set laws that restrict the people and leave them defenceless against... by far the biggest user of guns and by far the biggest user of guns for violently attacking innocent civilians? I don't think so. It's certainly not in the peoples' best interests anyway.

The alleged shooter in this latest case must have broken the law multiple hundreds of times when he allegedly carried all those illegal (and unobtainable by normal means) weapons across state lines. For each and every one of those weapons he should have registered with the ATF, provided proof the weapons were first registered pre 1986, passed a strict vetting process and then informed the AFT each time a weapons was conveyed across state lines. Them's the rules for law abiding citizens. As I said, criminals tend to ignore the law. For the rules to be any more effective guns will need to be made much more difficult to obtain under any circumstances, legal or otherwise. And to do that the immense number of guns and ammunition produced each year will have to be curtailed. And for that to happen the biggest customer, government, will have to demand fewer guns and introduce some competency into the management of those guns, assuming they don't want to obey their own laws and dispense with their guns entirely.

So the solution lies with government and the reduction of the paramilitary state and all its paraphernalia. Better yer, get rid of government entirely and you've taken the main offender off the street in one hit.

Instead people will talk about how law abiding citizens should be further restricted, assuming all the while law abiding citizens go around the place shooting people, and ignoring all the while the governmental elephant that is at the heart of the problem. Pointless chatter from pointless, virtue signalling fools who are so eager to build their own cage they'll use the deaths of others to do it. Scum. But it's still a diverse world and you get all sorts.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wondering if I should be worried about the helicopter which has been hovering outside our offices for the last 5 minutes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wondering if I should be worried about the helicopter which has been hovering outside our offices for the last 5 minutes
    Oh. Just changing of the guard apparently. What a fuss, the whole Mall was shut off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So now you've discovered the law and realised you've been re-spouting bullshit from a media that doesn't bother checking the facts, it's time to do the conspiracy black helicopter thing.

As always, you do yourself great credit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you off your meds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here's the other side of the coin.

I'm CERTAINLY politically motivated when it comes to an armed citizenry. And I couldn't give the slightest shit about anyone that was killed in Vegas, provided it wasn't one of mine. That's because I'm HONEST about these things, unlike just about everyone else with all their crocodile tears and mock outrage. Doesn't mean I want to see people shot down. But I won't do the standup routine on demand either. Nor do I but poppies or bow my head when war criminals law wreaths and anthems are played. I'm simply not cynical enough nor self-serving enough to do any of it.

And I can't stand having to witness, let alone engage with, the horde of virtue signallers that stampede each other when these things happen. Sickening and an entirely unnecessary and uncalled for abuse of the dead.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you off your meds?
    No, but I haven't caught a dose of stupid either.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is "virtue signalling" your new little catch-phrase?