User Tag List

Page 2336 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 13361836223622862326233423352336233723382346238624362836 ... LastLast
Results 23,351 to 23,360 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Doubling down I see. But not explaining WHY it is unreasonable to discuss immigration control when an immigrant and allegedly a terrorist goes on the rampage.

WITH A PAINT GUN!

I don't think you knew that detail when you kicked this off this morning. That's my guess.
    He did the main damage with a truck. This is nothing to do with his weapon of choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubling down I see. But not explaining WHY it is unreasonable to discuss immigration control when an immigrant and allegedly a terrorist goes on the rampage.

WITH A PAINT GUN!

I don't think you knew that detail when you kicked this off this morning. That's my guess.
    I heard he also had pellet gun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard he was also a LEFTIST CUCK!
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Oh come on. If you are going to treat the whole, I smuggled an arsenal into the mob's hotel, plot as credible then sure, if we ignore all the laws he broke and focus on the laws he didn't break, and ignore the fact the weapons weren't bought in that condition and were modified, there definitely needs to be stricter control on everyone bar the warmongering government.
    See I’m not disagreeing with you on clamping down on the other criminal behaviour

I’m just highlighting that you want to look in every place for an explanation but the most obvious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Elaborate?

Yes, we the world. What happens in the US does quite often affect the rest of the world.

OK, firstly...foremost businessman? Really? He has had a load of bankruptcies, he inherited his wealth and some estimate that had he just left the money invested he'd be better off now than he is.
    Secondly, how has the left wing media been "entirely discredited"? You just stating things doesn't make it so.
    Thirdly how do I know he is illogical? Have you read his tweets? Of seen videos of him talking? That's how.

I didn't read the documents themselves but I read some of the reports on what they contain. As always in these sorts of debates you are maddeningly vague. You hint at knowing better than me but say nothing of substance.
    What do you mean. Some evasive answer like "I'm not going to spoon feed you" isn't going to cut it, if you have something to say then say it plainly.

All meaningless puff as usual. Where do YOU get your news from? And what makes your sources credible and accurate?

Actually, that is not in itself illogical. If he feels that a reaction is needed to combat Islamic terrorism then not in itself unreasonable. I don't think his policies will fix the problem but that's a different argument.
    What is illogical is the contrast between his belief that Islamic terrorism is "a problem" which needs immediate action and that gun violence is not something which needs to be addressed right now.
    Given that the Las Vegas incident affected a lot more people than this one, and there are constant gun massacres in the US and terrorist attacks relatively rare, that contrast is illogical. I don't see how the questions about ISIS are relevant here, I'm talking about his reaction to these two individual incidents.

Why is there a wrong time for gun control? There is a clear problem in America, it needs addressing. The fact that there are other problems, yes arguably bigger problems, is neither here nor there.
    It doesn't have to be a choice.
    Well that helps a bit. So there was no real intent behind your posting other than to take another swipe at Trump, using the incident in New York as a useful backdrop. Fine.

You dispute Trump is one of the foremost businessmen in America? Okay. A bizarre rejection of the reality, but you are entitled to your opinion. And you also dispute the legacy media and the left wing legacy media in particular is discredited, despite, say, Iraq, when the peace loving liberal left beat the drums of war as loudly as the rest. If you somehow think they have restored their credibility, or their lapse was a one-off, well I mentioned the JFK files and from those you can see the media has been lying all along. And then there's the whole Russian thing you fell for, hook, line sinker. The question becomes, has the media and particularly the left wing media EVER had any credibility? I recall the Mirror trying to have some at one point, and they got savaged, from the left and right.

Elaborate?

Absolutely not. You are more than capable of extending your reading list beyond the Guardian. And don't just assume your inability to comprehend things means those things are incomprehensible. If you read some of the points in the thread again you might grasp that I'm all for gun control whereas what you are talking about is people control.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    See I’m not disagreeing with you on clamping down on the other criminal behaviour

I’m just highlighting that you want to look in every place for an explanation but the most obvious
    Where do you think illegal weapons come from? From gun stores, maybe under the counter? They come from the black market, from those who don't obey the law and so won't be affected by the law. Where did ISIS get its guns? Who is the biggest customer for black market guns, going all the way back through the decades? I most certainly am looking in by far the most obvious place. The place that's under everyone's nose.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ban guns then have a purge for people to drop the guns off without any consequences. Easy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Ban guns then have a purge for people to drop the guns off without any consequences. Easy
    I think a lot of people would agree with that on the condition the government gave up its guns too. You can't have an arrangement where only one side is armed.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But realistically speaking, is there a need to have a gun to arm yourself against the state? All seems very far fetched and Hollywood movieish to me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    But realistically speaking, is there a need to have a gun to arm yourself against the state? All seems very far fetched and Hollywood movieish to me
    I think that was the original intent of the second amendment actually.
    But now the government have drones, and bloody great missiles so quite honestly an uprising is going to be pretty one sided whether "the people" are armed or not.
    Even if you buy the "self defence" argument (which I don't), no-one needs an automatic weapon for that.