User Tag List

Page 2364 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 13641864226423142354236223632364236523662374241424642864 ... LastLast
Results 23,631 to 23,640 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Apart from your one? .
    No, a lot of Christian stuff is made up too. Fasting in Lent, Advent, Catholics praying to Mary. None of it Biblical. Plenty of other examples.

And why is it a stretch to think that what I believe is true and, say, Judaism and Islam are not?
    They contradict each other. They can't all be true. They could all be false of course but either one is true or none are. Logically there is no other possibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Don’t get in a flap it wont be the first thing you’ve ever said that contradicts something you’ve said previously. It won’t be the last.
    I will find the exact statement you made on the subject later (by later I mean when I’ve finished work).
    No you won't. :-)
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    And you accused me of wriggling out of things
    No, I point out when you wriggle out of debates, I accuse you of nothing because there's no need.

And now you are going to tell me you believe n your religion and voted Tory, right? And, despite reading that book on cognitive dissonance, you're going to tell me both those positions can be rationally reconciled?

Am I right?

Nice talking to you.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There isn't a party standing right now which can be rationally reconciled with Christian beliefs.
    So it's either vote for no-one or go for what is probably the least bad option.
    And in the last election I didn't vote Tory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There isn't a party standing right now which can be rationally reconciled with Christian beliefs.
    So it's either vote for no-one or go for what is probably the least bad option.
    And in the last election I didn't vote Tory.
    So does that mean you didn't vote Tory the time before then? I see how that works.

What is God's most sacred Commandment? What is Jesus' overriding instruction to his disciples?

What do the Tories stand for?

And you even admit you had an option. That's like a German at Nuremberg saying, "It was either follow their orders or, go home for lunch and not bother with all that war crimes stuff."

And then you voted - AGAIN! And you admit it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    So does that mean you didn't vote Tory the time before then? I see how that works.
    I don't have any particular political affiliation but I the times I voted for someone representing the Tory party it was someone who I knew was a Christian and thought was the least bad option.
    Voting for anyone is a compromise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any particular political affiliation but I the times I voted for someone representing the Tory party it was someone who I knew was a Christian and thought was the least bad option.
    Voting for anyone is a compromise.
    You voted for a "Christian" who was an ACTUAL Tory?

To accept anything bar the cover story manufactured by evil would make you one of the very people Jesus stood up against to give hope to the victims. At the very least, the one who passed by on the other side.

I'm not saying you aren't a Christian. Maybe you are. But if so, you can't possibly, under any circumstances, be a Tory. Not if you take the stated aims of both these movements at face value. Which you seem to. And if you aren't a Tory then I wonder why you endorse them? And that leads on to me wondering whether self interest guided your vote despite the teachings of your Lord, which were all about self sacrifice. Which makes me thin you might really be a Tory and not a Christian at all. Because what's the Tory philosophy? Me, myself and I, First!

It's all very confusing.

And why do I care? Because people like you stand in the way of genuine people. And you're not even embarrassed. There isn't a hint of an apology. Just your fucked up selfishness and your blind subservience. You and your kind are a greater hurdle than government itself.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can be a real Tory or you can be a real Christian. You can't be both.

Ideally you'd be neither.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a state this state is in. We now give warnings warning of chaos due to weather. Everyone PANIC! Apparently, giant spiders as venomous as Donald Trump will be swarming into our homes and doing stuff - possibly not killing us, but nobody has said that couldn't happen.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Because people like you stand in the way of genuine people.
    What is that supposed to mean?

And I'm not "a Tory". Politically I'm not anything. There is no party, certainly not a major one, that represents Christian teachings so any vote is a compromise.
    I voted for someone who I know is a practising Christian thinking that he might be the least bad option. I was endorsing him as a person, not necessarily the party he was representing.
    Looking at his voting record, maybe I was wrong to.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/11...d%2C_southgate