User Tag List

Page 2426 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 14261926232623762416242424252426242724282436247625262926 ... LastLast
Results 24,251 to 24,260 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Did she go ape?
    Yep. Absolutely bananas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Note to self. Remove Christmas smileys.
    Done.

Letters

You'll need to clear your cache.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It's funny because he's black.
    One of my friends on FB posted that saying "It's a disgrace". I wonder if she'd have done so had the model been white.
    She is black and, in my admittedly white view, has somewhat of a chip on her shoulder about race.
    I’m firstly not even convinced that it’s real

Secondly you’re doing more to single out the black child, when there would be no outrage if a white child wore the jumper.

I call my nephew a monkey all the time
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 09-01-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I’m firstly not even convinced that it’s real

Secondly you’re doing more to single out the black child, when there would be no outrage if a white child wore the jumper.

I call my nephew a monkey all the time
    I have to admit I failed to check whether this is real initially but it has been reported in multiple papers and H&M have issued an apology so I think it is.
    Yes, there would be no outrage were the child white but it was, at best, clumsy to use a black child for this particular photo.
    I don't think there was any malice intended but you would have thought at some point along the chain of events which led to this image being put on their website someone would have thought "Hang on..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fine, the kid has been compensated with unlimited watermelon.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to admit, £7.99 is pretty cheap for a black child.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but the weekly cost of the fried chicken alone would be prohibitive.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course the crackers act like they don't understand why their colleagues have a chip on their shoulder but are quick to whip out the old stereotypes for jokes. It's hard to believe this was an innocent mistake hence the mistrust and cynicism when it comes to trusting white people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it wasn't an innocent mistake then what exactly were they trying to achieve?
    It can only generate negative publicity and harm the brand, what possible reason would they have to do that?
    Although it does admittedly beggar belief that multiple people must have seen and approved this image and not one of them realised how it would look.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Of course the crackers act like they don't understand why their colleagues have a chip on their shoulder but are quick to whip out the old stereotypes for jokes. It's hard to believe this was an innocent mistake hence the mistrust and cynicism when it comes to trusting white people.
    Given the multiple faux pas made by advertising execs and PR trained people, nothing can be assumed to be beyond idiocy

I think of all the grievances black people should really get rattled about, this really doesn’t register.

People black and white, left and right like to play division by treating all grievances as though they are deliberately confected by the other