User Tag List

Page 2427 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 14271927232723772417242524262427242824292437247725272927 ... LastLast
Results 24,261 to 24,270 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    If it wasn't an innocent mistake then what exactly were they trying to achieve?
    It can only generate negative publicity and harm the brand, what possible reason would they have to do that?
    Although it does admittedly beggar belief that multiple people must have seen and approved this image and not one of them realised how it would look.
    That is why it’s not innocent. You yourself are aware of the stereotype, aware of how it looks, go on to make jokes but then have the audacity to say your colleague has a ‘chip’ on her shoulder. Not a soul said a word when this was being approved but I bet a few jokes flew around the office at H&M. God knows what they expected to achieve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    That is why it’s not innocent. You yourself are aware of the stereotype, aware of how it looks, go on to make jokes but then have the audacity to say your colleague has a ‘chip’ on her shoulder. Not a soul said a word when this was being approved but I bet a few jokes flew around the office at H&M. God knows what they expected to achieve.
    Who is H&M? Never heard of them. Well I have now.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the place that sells clothes made of hand-picked cotton.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'll be doing all my shopping there from now on, provided their tanktops are half decent.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Well I'll be doing all my shopping there from now on, provided their tanktops are half decent.
    30% off Niggers out jumpers in the January sales

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's not innocent then it must be malicious. And what the hell were they trying to achieve by doing that?
    If they'd used the black kid for all the photos in that range they might have got away with it.
    I do admittedly struggle to believe that no-one there would realise how this looks.
    But I equally struggle to believe that they would self-harm so spectacularly. EDIT: Are H&M "institutionally racist"?
    Given the amount of stupidity in the world I'm more inclined to believe this was that rather than malice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares if it was deliberate or not? Honestly, who gives a fuck? If you think it was and for some reason words upset you then don't shop there. If you couldn't give a fuck then shop there, don't shop there, it'll depend on what they are selling I suppose. Probably crap girly shit that was made by a slave in China - out of sight so out of mind and the brand drenched liberal with his virtue banner won't care.

The ease at which people get triggered these days. Has anyone ever stopped to wonder how that happened? And what purpose might be behind it? Or have we all suddenly become enlightened, with our mobile phones and lack of conversation?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is weird, I might be dangerously close to agreeing with you.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Who cares if it was deliberate or not? Honestly, who gives a fuck? If you think it was and for some reason words upset you then don't shop there. If you couldn't give a fuck then shop there, don't shop there, it'll depend on what they are selling I suppose. Probably crap girly shit that was made by a slave in China - out of sight so out of mind and the brand drenched liberal with his virtue banner won't care.

The ease at which people get triggered these days. Has anyone ever stopped to wonder how that happened? And what purpose might be behind it? Or have we all suddenly become enlightened, with our mobile phones and lack of conversation?

I think this particular example is personally ridiculous at worst just a bit daft

But for the purpose of basic civility, it wouldn’t exactly be desirable for businesses to be openly contemptuous of people for the colour of their skin. And I imagine H and M don’t want to be losing black custom, which makes me dismiss the idea that this was purposeful discrimination.

It’s a bit like the argument over the gay cake the northern Irish bakery refused to make. It wasn’t a case of refusing to serve customers because they were gay, it was refusing to make a cake based on a political message they didn’t agree with. Now I personally think that’s absurd, but end of the day if you’re doing well enough to sell yourself short on money than happy days....and as for the gay customer in question there are plenty of other bakeries that would have gladly taken their money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    If it's not innocent then it must be malicious. And what the hell were they trying to achieve by doing that?
    If they'd used the black kid for all the photos in that range they might have got away with it.
    I do admittedly struggle to believe that no-one there would realise how this looks.
    But I equally struggle to believe that they would self-harm so spectacularly. EDIT: Are H&M "institutionally racist"?
    Given the amount of stupidity in the world I'm more inclined to believe this was that rather than malice.
    I can’t speak for H&M or their intentions. As NQ said, maybe it’s all about publicity. That’s not what I care about. What cracks me up is the way you and GP are well aware of the stereotypes, know the racists language and go on to make your own racists jokes but plead ignorance. Is it innocent or malicious on your part despite being well aware of the connotations? Nah, this is why there will always be a mistrust for you crackers.