User Tag List

Page 2428 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 14281928232823782418242624272428242924302438247825282928 ... LastLast
Results 24,271 to 24,280 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Who cares if it was deliberate or not? Honestly, who gives a fuck? If you think it was and for some reason words upset you then don't shop there. If you couldn't give a fuck then shop there, don't shop there, it'll depend on what they are selling I suppose. Probably crap girly shit that was made by a slave in China - out of sight so out of mind and the brand drenched liberal with his virtue banner won't care.

The ease at which people get triggered these days. Has anyone ever stopped to wonder how that happened? And what purpose might be behind it? Or have we all suddenly become enlightened, with our mobile phones and lack of conversation?
    I’ve said this to you before, with the election of Trump, I think the overall agenda is to divide and conquer. So be it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    What cracks me up is the way you and GP are well aware of the stereotypes,
    know the racists language and go on to make your own racists jokes but plead ignorance.
    I'm not pleading ignorance. I don't think GP is either. As you say, we are making jokes about the stereotype.
    How can you think we are "well aware" of them and also be "pleading ignorance"?

What I am saying is that I have no idea why H&M would do this maliciously, they do say that no publicity is bad publicity but I'm not sure that's true.
    I'm more inclined to think they were stupid rather than ignorant or malicious but I can’t speak for H&M either, I'm just saying what I think.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I'm not pleading ignorance. I don't think GP is either. As you say, we are making jokes about the stereotype.

What I am saying is that I have no idea why H&M would do this maliciously, they do say that no publicity is bad publicity but I'm not sure that's true.
    I'm more inclined to think they were stupid rather than ignorant or malicious but I can’t speak for H&M either, I'm just saying what I think.
    That tends to be my view. It also represents the difference between what is and what should

I personally would like it thought of that if you call any kid a monkey regardless of their skin colour should be seen in the spirit of their exuberant behaviour.

That’s what should

What is, is that it won’t always be meant or taken in that spirit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your friend posted it on FB saying it's a disgrace and you conclude she has a chip on her shoulder about race because she wouldn't have been offended if the child were white. But you then go on to crack racists jokes. She'd probably be more pissed about that to be honest. If she were to find out and question you about it, could you plead innocence? Of course not. You help keep the stereotype and joke going. Some friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    That tends to be my view. It also represents the difference between what is and what should

I personally would like it thought of that if you call any kid a monkey regardless of their skin colour should be seen in the spirit of their exuberant behaviour.

That’s what should

If you are white. Don`t call a black kid a little monkey in any circumstance. Especially if there are any other black folk in the vicinity...Just my advice.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post

That’s what should

That’s how it should be taken. But with racists minds at work, blacks being quick to ‘spread awareness’ and crackers, like GP quick to start jokes about watermelon, picking cotton and fried chicken, it’s obvious why someone from H&M should have thought twice about this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Your friend posted it on FB saying it's a disgrace and you conclude
    she has a chip on her shoulder about race because she wouldn't have been offended if the child were white.
    I conclude she has a chip on her shoulder because if a load of things she posts, not just because of this.

But you then go on to crack racists jokes. She'd probably be more pissed about that to be honest.
    She probably would, so I wouldn't do so to her. There are things I would post on here that I wouldn't say at loud at church. I don't think that's hypocritical, doesn't everyone change their behaviour to some extend depending on the company they're in or their "audience"?

If she were to find out and question you about it, could you plead innocence? Of course not. You help keep the stereotype and joke going. Some friend.
    No, I wouldn't plead ignorance. I'd say what I said above. Like most people, I behave differently depending on who I'm talking to. If you don't do that then you're probably on "the spectrum".
    I think she knows me well enough to know that I'm not about to start throwing bananas at black footballers or making monkey noises at them next time I go see my beloved MK Dons.
    But it would be interesting to have a conversation with her about what she thinks about this sort of joke. My view is that pretty much nothing is off limits for humour. She may feel differently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I conclude she has a chip on her shoulder because if a load of things she posts, not just because of this.

She probably would, so I wouldn't do so to her. There are things I would post on here that I wouldn't say at loud at church. I don't think that's hypocritical, doesn't everyone change their behaviour to some extend depending on the company they're in or their "audience"?

No, I wouldn't plead ignorance. I'd say what I said above. Like most people, I behave differently depending on who I'm talking to. If you don't do that then you're probably on "the spectrum".
    I think she knows me well enough to know that I'm not about to start throwing bananas at black footballers or making monkey noises at them next time I go see my beloved MK Dons.
    But it would be interesting to have a conversation with her about what she thinks about this sort of joke. My view is that pretty much nothing is off limits for humour. She may feel differently.
    Post things like what? I can guess what she posts given what we've all seen in recent years. If I knew her, I'd tell her to stop wasting her time trying to appeal to white people with these 'awareness' videos. Nobody should need an education on racism in 2018. People just don't give a fuck.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    If you are white. Don`t call a black kid a little monkey in any circumstance. Especially if there are any other black folk in the vicinity...Just my advice.
    Well no. That would be stupid

What I’m saying is it shouldn’t be offensive but because of historical and to a lesser extent contemporary attitudes you can’t say it
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 09-01-2018 at 02:13 PM.