User Tag List

Page 2429 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 14291929232923792419242724282429243024312439247925292929 ... LastLast
Results 24,281 to 24,290 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    That’s how it should be taken. But with racists minds at work, blacks being quick to ‘spread awareness’ and crackers, like GP quick to start jokes about watermelon, picking cotton and fried chicken, it’s obvious why someone from H&M should have thought twice about this.
    I don’t think that’s in doubt

What is in doubt is whether it was malicious rather than dimwitted

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post things like what?
    She just seems a bit preoccupied by things around race is all.
    Luckily, she is a grown up and very intelligent and we can have sensible conversations about it as we could about racist jokes
    She's more of a FB friend tbh, I rarely see her.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    The left and the right are both obsessed with race

For the right fringes there is ethnonationalism which considering the vast sense of migration down the centuries seems fanciful at best

For the left, there is intersectionality which is a kind of Top Trumps of how oppressed you can claim to be based on what numerous kinds of minority you are.

Both are us vs them philosophies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Racism no longer exists anyway.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I don’t think that’s in doubt

What is in doubt is whether it was malicious rather than dimwitted
    What counts as malicious? Given what we've seen over the past few years alone and the current climate and knowing people, I'm not ruling it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oprah

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    What counts as malicious? Given what we've seen over the past few years alone and the current climate and knowing people, I'm not ruling it out.
    The current climate? Idiots on social media. Who express a moronic opinion and can offer nothing by way of substantiation

The current climate is far more geared to people being ready to take offence at the drop of a hat and in such a climate it was moronic and it makes a mockery of the kind of money ad executives get.

H and M are a global brand, it’s hardly a sensible business model to intentionally wade into racial polemics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Vomit inducing tbf. Far more offensive than the original message, if you consider that sort of thing to be offensive, because it shamelessly surfs on the back of the incident for personal aggrandisement and virtue bullhorning. He's a cock, basically. And the soap brained journos just go along with it because they have no clue what else to do in a world where there job is to protect the advertising revenue - and nothing else.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve said this to you before, with the election of Trump, I think the overall agenda is to divide and conquer. So be it.
    That has ALWAYS been the agenda. It's the only way for the minority to rule the majority when the minority has self interest foremost. You really think the election of Obama was supposed to be a healing process? The very opposite, it was the wolf dressed as the black sheep, to speak soft words and drive the divides ever wider. And he did. The only difference with Trump is he's honest. America for Americans and fuck the rest. Not exactly a policy for all humanity but when you are holding the line you fight with the guy in the hole next to you. Don't forget, Trump has always been more left than right. Look at his background, ignore the revisionist bullshit that has been cultivated since his unauthorised victory.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I'm not pleading ignorance. I don't think GP is either. As you say, we are making jokes about the stereotype.
    How can you think we are "well aware" of them and also be "pleading ignorance"?

What I am saying is that I have no idea why H&M would do this maliciously, they do say that no publicity is bad publicity but I'm not sure that's true.
    I'm more inclined to think they were stupid rather than ignorant or malicious but I can’t speak for H&M either, I'm just saying what I think.
    Of course they (the company) didn't do it maliciously. All they care about is profit, and casting racial slurs about in public isn't good for profits. So that possibility is impossible. A disgruntled or retarded employee? Maybe. A hard pressed team ploughing through 3000 items to go up on a web site, operating in pure bulk processing mode? Kid, clothes. click - kid, clothes, click... Most likely. Unfortunately for the liberal drips people in the real world don't have a week to analyse every single action to determine if it might be offensive to the ever expanding list of PC commandments. Even God stopped at 10.
    Für eure Sicherheit