User Tag List

Page 2478 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 14781978237824282468247624772478247924802488252825782978 ... LastLast
Results 24,771 to 24,780 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    Plus tell me exactly what British culture is

Is it pre or post Roman, Viking, Saxon, Norman invasion?

Is it pre or post The Act of Union between England and Scotland?

Am I betraying my culture by not consulting my local Druid on certain matters and giving the right propitiation to the right tribal god.

If I believe the far right, my culture is Christian. But I think Christianity is bullshit (and exported bull shit as it came from foreigners) so another act of treason on my part.

Maybe it’s because if I don’t hate brown people enough, I’ll live my life dictated to by the Hadith?
    The old argument that eventually ends back at some primordial pool in an electrical storm. The conceit of Stewart Lee, funny as he is with it.

You really can't distinguish the British culture from, say, the Pakistani "culture"? Yes, in quotes because look at that shithole and what they have done to what was once a prominent culture. Well they are doing it here now and all over Europe, and the lefties (broad term used for convenience) have not only welcomed them in but hijacked the political stage to ensure that anyone protesting it is cast as extreme. The demonic inversion at play again.

Your culture can have derived from a Christian foundation without you being a Christian. That's fairly obvious.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you lot have too much time on your hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What defines a nation other than a man made border?.

Was the Union with Scotland treasonable. If Scottish and English are two different nationalities any attempt to harmonise them would be treachery by your logic
    No it wasn't treasonable because the king retained the divine right - again, right or wrong that was the standing at the time.

Our national borders are not and never have been man made - look at a map. The borders of our empire, well that's a sad and different story.

Other than geography, there's language, religion, tradition, food, music, sport, literature and so on. This is quite easy to understand. Why are you making a point of it?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    you lot have too much time on your hands.
    I have actually just blow a load of time when I should have been working.

But, on the other hand, some work and no play is never a good thing.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Other than geography, there's language, religion, tradition, food, music, sport, literature and so on. This is quite easy to understand. Why are you making a point of it?
    You understand that all these things evolve and change over time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But who colloborates and makes decisions, whose opinions on where the roads and hospital goes are more valid.

What if a lot of people suddenly state fuck it I don’t want to be consulted on every single detail amongst millions. I’ll nominate this guy and a load of others to represent my interests on this.

The corporation? So who headed up this corporation? Who decided it’s interests were their interests?. Did people defer responsibility to this corporation?

It’s all another name for a form of centralised planning or in other words a government

And as someone who is holding up the sovereignty of the nation state and the homogenous culture within as most important, name me any nation state that’s ever existed where there’s never been any form of centralised planning
    Come off it. Like I asked before, are you hankering to suddenly build a hospital in some random place using your own resources? I doubt it.

Seriously. People can't remember even recent history. Why did roads EVER get built? Because a government decreed it? No, it was so a merchant could get his goods from A to B or an army could march at twice the rate. Roads are supposed to serve a purpose. Therefore that purpose has to exist. And when it does, so a road will be built. When you have genuine competition, absent government, the road will be build cheaply and quickly. Why? Because if it's not there is always somebody waiting who will do the job properly. Right now those somebodies are shut out by excessive legislation and bureaucracy and back room stitch ups. And who's responsible for all that I wonder?

Would people who live in the arsehole of nowhere have a hospital built near them? Nope. No demand.

Does a person in the arsehole of nowhere have a hospital today? Nope.

Are hospitals in heavily populated areas being shut down because of a lack of funding. Yes. Incredible really, considering our health service is so horribly expensive. Absolute daylight robbery, and still you can't get a decent service. The NHS sucks. Everybody knows it. Nobody will say it. A system hijacked by crooks and lifer bureaucrats. It could easily be replaced by a private health system ten times as efficient at half the cost. But not if government is not abolished too, because they'd intervene to stitch it all up again.

Got to get rid of government, it's the only way. Doesn't mean we can't have centralised agencies. But they have to be specific and accountable, rather than nebulous and cash sucking piss takes.
    Für eure Sicherheit

HCZ
    No it wasn't treasonable because the king retained the divine right - again, right or wrong that was the standing at the time.

Our national borders are not and never have been man made - look at a map. The borders of our empire, well that's a sad and different story.

All these things have changed over time, they have been added to and taken away

You regard it as a fixed moment in time

Our heritage as human beings is fleeing the African Savannah’s so in many respects we are an itinerant species

Cultures change, people change

Do I agree somewhat that we need a crucible to burn off the less desirable cultural practices (figuratively speaking) yes of course.

But this idea of treachery to a culture constantly in flux is laughable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You understand that all these things evolve and change over time?
    I do indeed. And I suppose you understand such change tends to happen gradually, in stages?

Is this you trying to excuse the influx of the dregs of the Muslim world at breakneck pace?
    Für eure Sicherheit

HCZ
    Come off it. Like I asked before, are you hankering to suddenly build a hospital in some random place using your own resources? I doubt it.

Seriously. People can't remember even recent history. Why did roads EVER get built? Because a government decreed it? No, it was so a merchant could get his goods from A to B or an army could march at twice the rate. Roads are supposed to serve a purpose. Therefore that purpose has to exist. And when it does, so a road will be built. When you have genuine competition, absent government, the road will be build cheaply and quickly. Why? Because if it's not there is always somebody waiting who will do the job properly. Right now those somebodies are shut out by excessive legislation and bureaucracy and back room stitch ups. And who's responsible for all that I wonder?

Would people who live in the arsehole of nowhere have a hospital built near them? Nope. No demand.

Does a person in the arsehole of nowhere have a hospital today? Nope.

Are hospitals in heavily populated areas being shut down because of a lack of funding. Yes. Incredible really, considering our health service is so horribly expensive. Absolute daylight robbery, and still you can't get a decent service. The NHS sucks. Everybody knows it. Nobody will say it. A system hijacked by crooks and lifer bureaucrats. It could easily be replaced by a private health system ten times as efficient at half the cost. But not if government is not abolished too, because they'd intervene to stitch it all up again.

Got to get rid of government, it's the only way. Doesn't mean we can't have centralised agencies. But they have to be specific and accountable, rather than nebulous and cash sucking piss takes.
    So basically you resent the form government takes rather than the concept of centralised planning in general

Would have been easier for you to say that in the first place

Plus unfortunately competition is not always the key driver, there are certain things called natural monopolies

Unless you have competing roads, competing hospitals, competing transport infrastructure. And that’s also denying the fact that sometimes with certain services it’s not possible to both make a profit and offer a good service.

You talk to me as if I have any time for government inefficiency, lobbying, clandestine deal making.

I just accept that when you are talking of communities of millions you cannot give total liberty to one without encroaching seriously on the liberties of another (competing interests) and that central planning is required to defer as much as possible to the utilitarian principle.

This is the foundation of every single society that’s ever existed

HCZ
    I do indeed. And I suppose you understand such change tends to happen gradually, in stages?

Is this you trying to excuse the influx of the dregs of the Muslim world at breakneck pace?
    How are you proposing to deal with it. I’m sure a lot of these Muslim dregs as you call them were born here and are results of generations popping up after the original settlement.