User Tag List

Page 2524 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 15242024242424742514252225232524252525262534257426243024 ... LastLast
Results 25,231 to 25,240 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't care about this sort of thing so much. If "they" want to track me then I'm sure "they" can but I don't think "they" really give a rat's arse what I'm doing most of the time.
    If they are then they must be pretty bored.
    It's the thought police stuff which is becoming worrying - that video GP posted
    Eh? You don’t care that you can be tracked? You’re fucking mental.

And thought police becomming worrying. You don’t half live in a bubble mate.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post

You have to understand there's a large group of 30-50'ish types who just don't get it. They have no clue about the tech and what it can do. They jave no clue about anything because they are happy to be spoonfed their reality buy their perceived betters. They bridge the gap between the post-war generation and the youngsters. They are harmless on a one to one basis, mostly mindless in their endless quest for reason and rationality (in the face of utter insanity) and their absolute priority is to be seen to be doing the right thing. They let other people dictate their lives so authoritarianism is natural for them. I could speak about them for days. They are the mortal enemy of mankind and they don't know it. Quite the contrary, they imagine they are the glue that binds society. Everything that is evil, they endorse and stand for. Many of them are Christians.

But the youngsters aren't buying it. At all. Not one bit. Change is on the horizon.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post

What affect has the ability of your phone to be tracked (which has been true for years) had on your life?
    Not what affect could it have. What affect has it actually had?
    I ask this question every time this topic comes up and never get a straight answer.
    Because the actual answer, I suspect, is none at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What affect has the ability of your phone to be tracked (which has been true for years) had on your life?
    I ask this question every time this topic comes up and never get a straight answer.
    You've had plenty of answers, you lying, grovelling wimp.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will have to forgive Letters. Its a mindset that many government workers have. Ive got nothing to hide, so I dont mind what they do......until he gets laid off. Then he may start to question his existence. For all we know. He may already know hes being tracked. So is playing the glad fool. Either way, its stupid. Democracy cannot be cemented on the back of mass surveillance
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As always, no straight answers...
    Just more evasion.

Of course I understand the things that COULD happen because of it.
    But right now it has no affect on my life.
    I’m yet to hear anyone give a straight answer what affect it has had on theirs.
    Just more lying and abuse from NQ. Boring.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    You will have to forgive Letters. Its a mindset that many government workers have. Ive got nothing to hide, so I dont mind what they do......until he gets laid off. Then he may start to question his existence. For all we know. He may already know hes being tracked. So is playing the glad fool. Either way, its stupid. Democracy cannot be cemented on the back of mass surveillance
    If I get laid off it will be nothing to do with being tracked. It will be budget cuts or politics.
    As to whether I am being tracked. "They" certainly have the ability to. I doubt "they" are actively tracking me, I'm not important enough. If "they" are then I imagine "they" are pretty bored by now.
    But if "they" are then it's not affecting my life in any way. Will it one day? Maybe. My feeling is probably not.
    And I'm still waiting for someone on here to tell me what affect it has had on their life. I never get a straight answer because the honest answer is it hasn't.

I am more concerned about the freedom of speech thing. That is having a more direct effect on people. People being prosecuted for making a video which was intended to be a joke. In poor taste, sure, but how is that now illegal? What was that other thing this week? Some advert about wedding planning which had the phrase "Are you a little bit OCD?" - wanting people who were good at attention to detail. Massive outcry because one shouldn't be glib about OCD. Or the ridiculous Peter Rabbit thing where there was an outcry and calls for a boycott because there's a joke about allergies in there. Sheesh. Ricky Gervais's Humanity show has a whole 5 minute joke about peanut allergy and it's hilarious. When did people get so sensitive? This is the thing i see as a bigger problem which is having a more direct affect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I get laid off it will be nothing to do with being tracked. It will be budget cuts or politics.
    As to whether I am being tracked. "They" certainly have the ability to. I doubt "they" are actively tracking me, I'm not important enough. If "they" are then I imagine "they" are pretty bored by now.
    But if "they" are then it's not affecting my life in any way. Will it one day? Maybe. My feeling is probably not.
    And I'm still waiting for someone on here to tell me what affect it has had on their life. I never get a straight answer because the honest answer is it hasn't.

I am more concerned about the freedom of speech thing. That is having a more direct effect on people. People being prosecuted for making a video which was intended to be a joke. In poor taste, sure, but how is that now illegal? What was that other thing this week? Some advert about wedding planning which had the phrase "Are you a little bit OCD?" - wanting people who were good at attention to detail. Massive outcry because one shouldn't be glib about OCD. Or the ridiculous Peter Rabbit thing where there was an outcry and calls for a boycott because there's a joke about allergies in there. Sheesh. Ricky Gervais's Humanity show has a whole 5 minute joke about peanut allergy and it's hilarious. When did people get so sensitive? This is the thing i see as a bigger problem which is having a more direct affect.
    You don't see the connection between the 'freedom of speech thing' you're concerned about and the government tracking your phone and activity at home? What the fuck is wrong with you, Letters. Seriously. Think for a moment about what you've just said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The very fact that the data held on me can inform “them” about everything in my life has a massive impact on me.

Not always directly (though definitely in the case of targeted adverts etc) as it stands, but absolutely indirectly. Where I work, how much I earn, where I live, the size of house i live in etc etc. All of that data is used to make policy at government level.

That does have an impact on every one of us.

If you’re foolish enough to believe that all the data, linked to my unique identifier (i.e. my phone) isn’t being used to manipulate virtually everything we do, every day, then no wonder those with power can do whatever they like.

You appear resigned to being tracked, because it doesn’t impact the day to day monotony of your life. Which is exacly where “they” are happy with the situation. You don’t pose a threat, because you don’t care.

Aren’t you in the least bit worried?
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    You don't see the connection between the 'freedom of speech thing' you're concerned about and the government tracking your phone and activity at home? What the fuck is wrong with you, Letters. Seriously. Think for a moment about what you've just said.
    He's stupid, like I have said many times. Not as an insult, just as a matter of fact. He's stupid like a lot of people are. Maybe well meaning, but if something of significance in their lives does ever materialise, they look upwards to whatever authority figure is available. As I said before, they are often Christian.
    Für eure Sicherheit