User Tag List

Page 2610 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 16102110251025602600260826092610261126122620266027103110 ... LastLast
Results 26,091 to 26,100 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, here's the thing.

I don't think Baker is a racist. What he did was stupid. He 100% deserved to lose his job.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Okay, here's the thing.

I don't think Baker is a racist. What he did was stupid. He 100% deserved to lose his job.
    Correct.

In my line of work, if I cock up and lose two million quid, it would be a mistake, but I lose my job.

This bloke is in the public eye, and if he can’t sense check and review his social media postings for potential criticism before hitting go, he’s not any good at his job as a public broadcaster.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think those are reasonable points.
    But, to be honest, when you posted it GP I couldn’t really see what point was being made.
    It is a vaguely amusing image and it seemed like a vague dig at the royals but I didn’t think it was particularly funny.
    Nor did I think it was in any way racist. The potential offence didn’t even occur to me.
    When I thought about it my brain slowly joined the dots and I could see the potential connotation.
    But it wasn’t immediately obvious because, well, the child is white.
    Ok, one of his grandparents is black so he’s mixed heritage but Megan is pretty light skinned, Harry’s a ginger.
    If you didn’t know anything about his family I don’t believe you’d know he was in any way mixed race.
    Of course, we do know about his family so I think it’s fair to say Baker should have thought it through.
    But given that I didn’t immediately see the potential connotation I can understand why he didn’t.
    There is no way Baker thought “black child...monkey!”
    The kid isn’t black.
    When it was pointed out to him he immediately deleted the tweet and apologised.
    Not sure else what he could have done.

People are falling over themselves to take offence.
    Offence is highly subjective.
    I recently posted something on FB which was clearly a joke but someone saw it and suggested it might be taken the wrong way. Honestly, I thought they were being stupid. It was obviously a joke. But I don’t want to go out of my way to cause offence so I deleted it and apologised and that was that.
    Obviously I’m not a public figure, those who are have a duty to be more careful but given how subjective offence is do we want people sacked because they post something which others find offensive?
    Obviously there are lines but surely intent is relevant.
    There’s no chance that Baker intended any offence and definitely wasn’t trying to make any point about race.
    Do we have to stop calling kids “cheeky monkeys” lest they have some unknown mixed heritage and offence is taken?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Oh. Not wishing to speak ill of the dead, but he was shit.
    Aww. That sketch with Frank Bruno was fucking brilliant.

I remember killing myself laughing at that when I was a kid.

Harmless fun. And far fucking funnier than some of the twunts around these days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    each to their own

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nearly 9pm and it’s light outside.

Summer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always dark in my soul
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Banging some Foals out, eating leftover pizza and drinking beer.

Noice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HB MO