User Tag List

Page 2658 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 16582158255826082648265626572658265926602668270827583158 ... LastLast
Results 26,571 to 26,580 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day, if you have an uncontrollable virus, you have to look at what makes less of an impact in the short and long term, on any number of levels. That includes avoiding civil unrest due to ongoing quarantine (something we’re not used to and can’t do for long), that protects where possible the vulnerable, that builds an immunity, and eases supply of services and goods.

If you shut down the whole thing, you’ll get a run on the bank, stock piling on unprecedented levels, nobody working, businesses closing....and when it comes back next time, which it will, nobody will be immune, and we’ll be in the same predicament.

You make something that will be commonplace, easier to deal with next time when there will hopefully be a vaccine.

People just need to remain calm and follow advice. If you stay home for seven days if you have any signs of a cold or anything, you’re stopping older and ill people getting it.

If those who can cope with it eg younger healthy people can fight it just going about their day to day lives and being sensible, then it builds immunity.

It’s actually pretty clever.

Unless it’s proved a monster killer that wipes out everyone, whats the point in delaying the inevitable when you can stealth fuck it.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sister in law is a doctor in training and she said this is something that we will all almost certainly get or may have already had without realising. In a few years this will come and go like a flu or a common cold and it won’t be any different for people with underlying health conditions, who should always be taking precautionary measures anyway at times of vulnerability. Washing your hands and practising good hygiene is nothing out of the ordinary either, so it’s hilarious watching people lose their shit over it.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 13-03-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, the nice lady at Tesco today who helped get my shopping to the car because it was all in crates and the delivery service was over capacity, told me sales of Corona lager has fallen 187%

I mean, that tells you about the intellect of some people.

Fine by me, probably cheaper soon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    That includes avoiding civil unrest due to ongoing quarantine (something we’re not used to and can’t do for long)
    This is Day 3 of me working at home and it was about midday before I remembered I hadn't showered.
    I haven't worn trousers since Tuesday.
    I am not cut out for this

Also, Pie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, the nice lady at Tesco today who helped get my shopping to the car because it was all in crates and the delivery service was over capacity, told me sales of Corona lager has fallen 187%

I mean, that tells you about the intellect of some people.

This is why democracy doesn't work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day, if you have an uncontrollable virus, you have to look at what makes less of an impact in the short and long term, on any number of levels. That includes avoiding civil unrest due to ongoing quarantine (something we’re not used to and can’t do for long), that protects where possible the vulnerable, that builds an immunity, and eases supply of services and goods.

If you shut down the whole thing, you’ll get a run on the bank, stock piling on unprecedented levels, nobody working, businesses closing....and when it comes back next time, which it will, nobody will be immune, and we’ll be in the same predicament.

You make something that will be commonplace, easier to deal with next time when there will hopefully be a vaccine.

People just need to remain calm and follow advice. If you stay home for seven days if you have any signs of a cold or anything, you’re stopping older and ill people getting it.

If those who can cope with it eg younger healthy people can fight it just going about their day to day lives and being sensible, then it builds immunity.

It’s actually pretty clever.

Unless it’s proved a monster killer that wipes out everyone, whats the point in delaying the inevitable when you can stealth fuck it.
    Yeah, but they overlook the simple fact that immunity has probably been developing for months now, certainly weeks. Their own logic makes no sense. Plenty of people have it, plenty will get it, there's your immunity pool right there. Nobody suggested everyone stays at home. That would be a real disaster. Power, water, hospitals, etc, etc. But finding the most likely sources of rapid and uncontrollable spread and shutting those down, schools, major public gatherings, that's elementary common sense which continues to elude them. You want a level of infection that doesn't overwhelm the capabilities to deal with it in the calm manner they are suggesting. But they have taken ZERO measures to facilitate it.

Why aren't they talking about protective measures for essential workers? Not a word about that? Do they have sufficient gear for hospital staff, power workers, sewage workers (they probably have their own), pigs, etc? Provided those services continue to operate to at least effective levels then it can be managed like they claim to want. But doing fuck all about it, potentially letting it run out of control. It's not that people are going to be dropping dead in the streets, it's that they won't be turning up for work.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the end of the world as we know it.

And I feel fine*

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a4387161.html

*Except for this fever and persistant cough.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t panic!

We’re doomed!

You stupid boy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    It's the end of the world as we know it.

And I feel fine*

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a4387161.html

*Except for this fever and persistant cough.
    BBC kicking people when they are at their weakest. Scumbags.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump announces it as a State of Emergency. Must've realised they can't manage it without it.

I mean The White House realised, I don't think Trump knows what is happening most of the time.