User Tag List

Page 2684 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 16842184258426342674268226832684268526862694273427843184 ... LastLast
Results 26,831 to 26,840 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Couldn’t even find a chicken breast yesterday at Sainsbury’s. What a joke.
    Nor here.

No bog roll either.

Humanity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are just thick as fuck. There’s no shortage of any of this stuff, so why are they stockpiling? In the event of a lockdown supermarkets will be one of the few places open for business.

Dumb fucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just hope they've stockpiled enough so they don't bother showing their stupid faces if there is a lockdown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can still get heirloom seeds, water containers, purification tabs, lime, compost, tools, all the things you'll need to support yourself if the government decides to lock things down and then accidentally loses the key. Hydrogen peroxide, flour, yeast, bleach, sawdust, cooking oil, iron and vit supplements, it's still available.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay! Just got my 1,000th email from concerned CEOs who assure me their company will continue to support me during these difficult times. If I'd known they cared so much I would have gone around to their houses for dinner. Like friends do.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You can still get heirloom seeds, water containers, purification tabs, lime, compost, tools, all the things you'll need to support yourself if the government decides to lock things down and then accidentally loses the key. Hydrogen peroxide, flour, yeast, bleach, sawdust, cooking oil, iron and vit supplements, it's still available.
    Can't use any of those to wipe my arse with though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Can't use any of those to wipe my arse with though.
    Running water. Newspaper. Garden leaves. THFC DVD sleeves.

I don't get the loo roll thing either. Wiping your arse is the very least of your worries if the electricity goes down. Because if that goes down the water goes down and then the real problems start.

I have to say, every government around the world has done a horrific job informing the public and containing panic. Either they had no viable plans in place for something that has happened before and will happen again, or this coordinated fuckery is for an unannounced purpose. It couldn't have been more mismanaged.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Running water. Newspaper. Garden leaves. THFC DVD sleeves.

I don't get the loo roll thing either. Wiping your arse is the very least of your worries if the electricity goes down. Because if that goes down the water goes down and then the real problems start.

I have to say, every government around the world has done a horrific job informing the public and containing panic. Either they had no viable plans in place for something that has happened before and will happen again, or this coordinated fuckery is for an unannounced purpose. It couldn't have been more mismanaged.
    How do you contain panic. It’s like trying to stop a herd of bison when someone yells “boo!”

People are retards, and mostly like to follow what the first retard does.

So when Boris says “wash your hands”, or “avoid social contact”, you’ll mostly get people exaggerating that. Like washing hands every two minutes, and walking on the other side of the street to each other. It’s loads quieter out there already.

By next week we’ll all be under lockdown...but at least we will have seen it coming...most of us are nearly there anyway, which I think is the plan.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    How do you contain panic. It’s like trying to stop a herd of bison when someone yells “boo!”

People are retards, and mostly like to follow what the first retard does.

So when Boris says “wash your hands”, or “avoid social contact”, you’ll mostly get people exaggerating that. Like washing hands every two minutes, and walking on the other side of the street to each other. It’s loads quieter out there already.

By next week we’ll all be under lockdown...but at least we will have seen it coming...most of us are nearly there anyway, which I think is the plan.
    You tell the truth.

We've gone from "Mild flu" to global lockdown in the space of a few weeks. So either they lied and now they are panicking, and causing generalised panic, or they were dishonest - again. Trust in government and the media was already at an all time low. It was critical to be honest, to clearly state the facts, the risks and release "the science" that has been "guiding" this bizarre response. Not just here in the UK, but globally.

The Chinese leave it a month, until they can't possibly cover it up any more, to mention they have a serious pandemic on their hands. Does that mean the WHO operates on a faith basis? No monitoring or alert systems, just a phone line where people can ring in if they fancy? Makes no sense.

Then the rest of the world springs into action by doing nothing. Then a few people get sick and we go to global lockdown, albeit at slower motion here in the UK (and that might turn out to be very good sign - I hope). It sounds to me like there IS a virus, that's moderately dangerous, that is now been used as a vehicle to carry every scumbag and his agenda to the promised land. In the end the virus will be a lot less dangerous than the fallout.

If troops and cops hit the streets and start barking orders and pointing guns then we might as well all be dead anyway because everything worth having will have been lost at that point.

I hope none of this is the case, which kind of means I hope they are just incompetent (in which case that bring up a whole load of other problems), I hope they somehow get it under control and whatever is left of society goes back to some normality, if that's even possible with huge numbers of people having lost their jobs.

But I don't trust, for a second, the actions and motives of the worst among us and their ability to turn a crisis into an opportunity.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the receptionists at work took this today.
    (Obviously she can’t really work at home so is still going in at the moment)

Trafalgar Square, 10am on a weekday