User Tag List

Page 2692 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 16922192259226422682269026912692269326942702274227923192 ... LastLast
Results 26,911 to 26,920 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The media is virtually running a horror script today. "It seems you either catch it and live, or you die. Nothing in between." Shameful. These cunts should be birched. The only other thing they seem keen to hammer home is that China is no longer top of the death charts. Why is that so incredibly important to them and why are they packed in press conferences asking if decisions are "moral" but unquestioningly accepting what's coming out of a despotic regime in China? Sky and the BBC, as bad a s each other.

I was out and about today. Some stocks seem to be returning to shelves, still a lot of stuff unavailable but we managed to get a bit of bread. No panic. Elderly people were out with their shopping baskets. Yeah sure, it might be incredibly dangerous for them to do that, but they seemed the least concerned of all. Alternatively, people could be bunkered down, fearful, avoiding their neighbours. But patient zero emerged in China last November. And then the regime hid that fact for a month. So this thing has had a chance to run unchecked all across the shitty globalised system. It's going to be a lottery. Even for those who have been locked down since day one. Common sense required, but raging panic is as big an enemy as the virus. And the media is going all out for panic.

Just watching Sky now, the despicable, hateful, sonofabitch fuck is trying everything in the book to get a doctor to say they have no supplies and are overwhelmed. The doctor won't have it. He's being sensible, serious. The piece of shit interviewing him has now moved on to talking about the doctor's kids. Good God.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazon supply chains are recovering. Seeing -5 days on previous delivery dates. Maybe people have run out of money buying all the things.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it depends what you order. I ordered some stuff on Monday and it came on Tuesday
    (HDMI cable and a cruet set, since you asked)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Maybe it depends what you order. I ordered some stuff on Monday and it came on Tuesday
    (HDMI cable and a cruet set, since you asked)
    True. Some sellers use Amazon to warehouse their products and if these are still on hand you can actually get a 1 day delivery. But anything that has to be transported from A to B seems to have been going, on average, around 5 days slower - or a month slower from the stuff coming from China. I think that's it though, people have spent all their money so they literally can't buy more. So they system is slowly recovering because demand is slowly slipping back to normal levels. Apart from the day to day stuff. No milk today. No flour. No eggs.

But prices might be an issue. If this plan for dumping money into the economy (very different to quantitive easing) goes ahead then inflation will be the next enemy to face.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a decent deal on a fondue set. Trying not to impulse the shit out of it. I'm thinking if I announce a party nobody would come.

But that was true before the pandemic, so maybe I'll pass.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pubs, bars, restaurants, cafes and practically everything else to close.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only takeaways remain.

I fancy pizza out of solidarity.

How ironic that Johnson ends up being the one shutting down businesses.

In better use MO, you can get some bog roll from Morrison's in Blackburn and I didn't have to deck anyone to purchase my 1x4 roll pack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're apparently going to pay 80% of people's wages in certain areas.
    Where is all this money coming from?
    This is going to rumble on for years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    They're apparently going to pay 80% of people's wages in certain areas.
    Where is all this money coming from?
    This is going to rumble on for years.
    Where it always comes from. It's being created from thin air. Cash and current accounts aren't money, they are forms of currency. And current is fiat - let it be, and it is. Trouble is, the more of it you have the more expensive everything gets.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A newly published report suggests that if the Chinese had properly informed the rest of the world when the CHINESE VIRUS first broke out in CHINA - perhaps 95% of current cases could have been avoided. Don't have a clue if that's true or not (I'm just being guided by the science), but if it turns out to be true then I hope the rest of the world does something about it. We can't just go back to business as usual after this.
    Für eure Sicherheit