User Tag List

Page 2694 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 16942194259426442684269226932694269526962704274427943194 ... LastLast
Results 26,931 to 26,940 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'll tell you what else. I build web sites for a living, put simply. It's a bit more complex than that and it takes a lot of knowledge to do what I do. And I do it well. But basically, I build web sites for people who want to make a lot of money. Other people cure the sick, help the suffering, save lives. You'd have to be seriously afflicted to be confused about which job is more important. And I get paid a lot more than them. I don't know how it has come to this. Something went badly wrong somewhere along the line. Fucking web developers, insurance agents, lawyers, useless fucking people in the grand scheme of things. I won't be criticising the NHS again. I still think the horrific imbalance between administrators and useful staff is criminal. But for those useful staff, out in the front line, good job people. Fucking outstanding. It's at times like this that clarity can be achieved, if you want to look. After this, I'll still be too thick to be a doctor, but I am going to try to stretch myself a bit beyond superficial consumerism.
    Best post I've read in all my time on this forum.
    'WHEN HE HAS A PLAN, WE BACK HIM, WHEN HE DOESN'T......WE KEEP QUIET'

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    HNS staff.
    You said HNS

(Soz)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Front line NHS staff really are incredible. My mother in law is a nurse and she’s probably the most caring and compassionate person I’ve ever met in my life. Works all hours and basically earns peanuts for what she’s doing. Fair play to all those like her. Great people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s pretty crazy how little they get paid.
    My job is even more pointless than NQ’s. I used to be more hands on building websites, now I don’t even do that. I’m more in the “architecture” space, whatever that means.
    My mother in law was (she just retired) a sister on a hospital ward and didn’t get paid anywhere near what I do.
    Not quite sure what you do about any of that, if nurses got large salaries then everyone would lose their collective shit about that and how much tax they have to pay to fund it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still, I suppose we should get back to more important things like Auba's 300k per week.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooft. Someone on the front line calls in to LBC

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=tQD4B_hmdvo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whole family is at home now, but from Monday it's a full week for everyone. Wife is a teacher so she'll be teaching online. Eldest is tele-working. The youngsters will have full days trying to get Microsoft Teams to work. And it's work as usual for me, building the web sites that will get this country and the world back on its feet. The cats seem very pissed at this disruption to their schedule and invasion of privacy. They're going to freak when they find out what's on the menu for next Thursday.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Ooft. Someone on the front line calls in to LBC

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=tQD4B_hmdvo
    Anyone who shuts the door today and stays put will know by around March 31 if they are going to get through this okay. It'll be the next 2-4 weeks where the health services are stretched to the maximum and, most dangerously, beyond. So if they say stay in, help us out, do it! There doesn't need to be a lockdown, just a bit of cooperation.

The kids were in school up until yesterday, so we couldn't do much about it until today. That decision, to leave the schools open, will probably be the biggest mistake of this entire crisis. But from today, we're at home and staying there. Not because I think we're all going to die, but because there are people on my street who are at serious risk from this thing. I didn't have any urge to kill them before this, and I don't have the urge to do it now.
    Für eure Sicherheit