User Tag List

Page 2695 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 16952195259526452685269326942695269626972705274527953195 ... LastLast
Results 26,941 to 26,950 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    "And somewhere in the darkness, the Gambler he broke even

But in his final words I found an ace that I could keep

You got to know when to hold 'em

know when to fold 'em

learn when to walk away, and learn when to run

you never count your money when you're sittin' at the table

there'll be time enough for countin' when the dealing's done"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    But from today, we're at home and staying there. Not because I think we're all going to die, but because there are people on my street who are at serious risk from this thing. I didn't have any urge to kill them before this, and I don't have the urge to do it now.
    I’ve gone a bit less nuclear.
    MrsL has woken up today with a sore throat and feeling a bit achey.
    My cold is lingering but I basically feel ok.
    We have a toddler who is a bit snotty, but it’s a nice day and I didn’t think it was fair to keep him inside all day.
    And quite honestly having been inside all week I needed to get out.
    Opposite our house there is a field and at the far end of it there’s a little playground.
    So the boy took his little balance bike across the field.
    A few people were out and about but we kept our distance.
    I saw one person I know - we had a shouted conversation from across the road.
    We had the playground to ourselves.
    We all dutifully washed our hands when we got in.

My church have set up a “studio” from which they will live stream a service tomorrow.
    I was going to go and help with the technical side of things but I’ll stay home from that as it would have involves being physically close to people.

If literally everyone stayed inside then this thing would die but it’s unrealistic.
    People need to get out for their own wellbeing. Some people have to keep working and can’t do so from home.
    You can basically shop online these days but even that is difficult right now with it being difficult to get a delivery slot.

People need to be sensible and people famously aren’t. But I’m trying to be without going completely mad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I’ve gone a bit less nuclear.
    MrsL has woken up today with a sore throat and feeling a bit achey.
    My cold is lingering but I basically feel ok.
    We have a toddler who is a bit snotty, but it’s a nice day and I didn’t think it was fair to keep him inside all day.
    And quite honestly having been inside all week I needed to get out.
    Opposite our house there is a field and at the far end of it there’s a little playground.
    So the boy took his little balance bike across the field.
    A few people were out and about but we kept our distance.
    I saw one person I know - we had a shouted conversation from across the road.
    We had the playground to ourselves.
    We all dutifully washed our hands when we got in.

My church have set up a “studio” from which they will live stream a service tomorrow.
    I was going to go and help with the technical side of things but I’ll stay home from that as it would have involves being physically close to people.

If literally everyone stayed inside then this thing would die but it’s unrealistic.
    People need to get out for their own wellbeing. Some people have to keep working and can’t do so from home.
    You can basically shop online these days but even that is difficult right now with it being difficult to get a delivery slot.

People need to be sensible and people famously aren’t. But I’m trying to be without going completely mad.
    Yeah, I'm more talking about the thousands who went out partying in London last night to get a quick one in before the shutdown of pubs and restaurants. Some of those people were definitely infected. And they have definitely spread the infection to others who were there. And those people will now disperse to countless families and spread the disease there. And then, somebody in the hospital they drag themselves to will get infected and won't be able help others, or worse. But they did get a last pint in - which is way more important. And, as one reveller explained, "You have to support local businesses, don't you?"

10% of the victims from the outbreak in China were health workers treating patients, apparently. So we're shut inside, but it's not just about getting infected. If somebody breaks a bone, gets injured or sick in some other way, that may now become a life threatening situation because medical staff are busy treating patients these last order dickheads have donated the virus to. It's a free country, so you can't stop them. But you'd hope they'd have enough sense or regard for others. They don't though, and that's worth remembering for the future.

We have a nice big backyard and a whole field behind that. So we won't be physically staying shut in either. But we won't be going into town or playing knockdown-ginger on the OAPs doors... for a while.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today's press conference is on in a few minutes.

Johnson takes the day off.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pub team deployed today ironically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to be on their game or else the media vermin might trick them into agreeing with martial law and death camps.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now we have the pro-Chinese propagandists in our own media piping up. What an arse over tits question that was. "The Chinese now say they have halted the rise of infection, have you seen anything to suggest that's not true?"

Well yes. The non-stop flood of lies flowing out of Beijing since this began. Why do they automatically assume the most unlikely reality? The Chinese Virus is 100% the fault of the Chinese regime and they need to be held accountable for that in due course, not apologised for in advance.

Now the media hacks want to know if we are all going to starve. They've just been told that supplies are being maintained. But they don't want to hear that so just ask a more hysterical version of the same question. I guess the headlines will be, minister fails to rule out... The stupid bastard asked if it could be 100% ruled out that we wouldn't need rationing of any kind. Well how the hell can anyone know, at this point? Idiots. Scumbags.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somebody tell these media cunts there are no Nazi bombers destroying our factories and railways.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panic buying of toilet roll is leading to blocked sewers because those left without toilet paper are being forced to use alternatives and are disposing of them incorrectly.

The warning comes from water company Northumbrian Water, which said an increasing number of people were flushing wipes, kitchen roll and newspaper down the toilet.

The company said it understood people were "only improvising" but the consequences could be "devastating" to homes and the environment.
    JHC This should be bigger news because sanitation problems now would be catastrophic.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A further 793 deaths in 24 hours for Italy.

Fuck.