User Tag List

Page 2714 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 1714221426142664270427122713271427152716272427642814 ... LastLast
Results 27,131 to 27,140 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bringing in a necromancer to avoid the prospect of Raab fully taking over I'd imagine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear God.

Now they're talking about "street parties" on Friday but all in your own front garden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope it rains

a LOT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately the forecast is looking quite good. We don't really have a front garden, we have a drive. With a car in.
    We could sit next to it I suppose on the side with the neighbours we actually ever talk to. Although they know the ones the other side of us so will probably be shouting across us at them.
    I suspect if we do go out there it'll all be very awkward.

In other news I fixed my extended desktop. I'm so happy! I've been working at home...what, 7 weeks now? I've lost count. And on the TV I connect to the desktop was going off the screen. I found the setting on the TV now which fixes it. I am very happy about this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Unfortunately the forecast is looking quite good. We don't really have a front garden, we have a drive. With a car in.
    We could sit next to it I suppose on the side with the neighbours we actually ever talk to. Although they know the ones the other side of us so will probably be shouting across us at them.
    I suspect if we do go out there it'll all be very awkward.

In other news I fixed my extended desktop. I'm so happy! I've been working at home...what, 7 weeks now? I've lost count. And on the TV I connect to the desktop was going off the screen. I found the setting on the TV now which fixes it. I am very happy about this
    lucky you - i guess that means you'll now be able to read all NQ's long posts in full

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, I hadn't thought of that

It means that I can maximise the windows and the edges don't go off the sides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the next thing is to get a second monitor - i first got one for editing photos (so you can have the photo fullscreen on one monitor and the editing dashboard on the other) and found it incredibly useful for everything else too - e.g. you can have your mailbox open in one screen while working on a document in the other or have a doc you're quoting in one screen and your own doc in the other etc etc - there's just no going back once you've done it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was doing development work I had 2 monitors. Now I'm using my laptop as one screen and the TV as a second one.
    Works pretty well. I'd definitely struggle just losing the laptop screen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah i get it, cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New levels of insanity invade the left.

An anti-Trump Democratic-aligned political action committee advised by retired Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal is planning to deploy an information warfare tool that received initial funding from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the Pentagon’s secretive research arm -- transforming technology originally envisioned as a way to fight ISIS propaganda into a campaign platform to benefit Joe Biden.

The Washington Post first reported that the initiative, called Defeat Disinfo, will utilize "artificial intelligence and network analysis to map discussion of the president’s claims on social media," and then attempt to "intervene" by "identifying the most popular counter-narratives and boosting them through a network of more than 3.4 million influencers across the country — in some cases paying users with large followings to take sides against the president."

Social media guru Curtis Hougland is heading up Defeat Disinfo, and he said he received the funding from DARPA when his work was "part of an effort to combat extremism overseas." He explained in an interview with the Post that he was unhappy that top social media accounts often supported Trump, and had effectively defended the president in recent days from claims that he had suggested Americans inject themselves with disinfectant.
    The poor guy is unhappy because social media platforms support Trump, and if that's not in a high enough orbit for you, he's pissed because the fake news story about Trump was effectively debunked by the actual video footage on which the fake news was based. If that's his standard definition of bias and disinfo, it's not difficult to imagine what his artificial intelligence (meaning the software, not him) will be used for.

(Wasn't it the lefties moaning about bots supposedly influencing elections? And now they want to use... bots to influence elections?)

So remember, when you are on social media and 25,000 accounts suddenly scream, "That's WACIST! Sleep 5. Load 2. BUT CLIMATE CHANGE! Error. Voting machines cannot be hacked until election day.", that'll be leftie hi-tech in the wild.
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 04-05-2020 at 06:23 PM.
    Für eure Sicherheit