User Tag List

Page 2729 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 1729222926292679271927272728272927302731273927792829 ... LastLast
Results 27,281 to 27,290 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't have Sky problems every couple of months. Crappy broadband speed aside (which isn't the biggest problem, I'm able to WAH OK and Netflix works OK) I don't have any particular problems with them. I'm just paying for things I don't use and just generally am overpaying.
    I haven't sorted it out before because I'm an idiot.
    You seem to post about this sort of thing all the time though, you have some success story about being previously overcharged for something, calling up to complain and getting a chunk knocked off your bill.

Then a few months go by and the you post another version of the same story.

From my memory this has been happening since the invision days.

Wha gwarn?
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did want to respond to this bit by the way.

Any information has a source. And with most of the things we have an opinion about that source is not the horse's mouth, so to speak.
    I don't have the resources or ability to do climate research so while not wishing to get into a debate about that, all I can do to form an opinion is to read sources. Even then I'm probably not going to understand the actual science, I'll be reading a version written for lay people.
    And yes I do need to consider the source, there are some science journals which I'd give more weight to than a site like tinfoilhat.com
    [Ha, I just checked to see if that's a real website, it is but it's a one man band web designer - is that you?!]
    And it's a good idea to cross reference between different sources. And over time we probably have an idea in our head about what sources are generally accurate and which are not.

Something being mainstream doesn't make it accurate of course and something being more fringe doesn't make it wrong. I don't know what you mean by my "habits", you posted some videos, I watched them, checked some of the things he was saying and found them wanting.

The WMD thing - the media reported about the dossier that claimed there were WMDs (obviously The Sun did so in a more hysterical way than most but if that's the standard of "journalism" you are happy with then that's on you). But the meida also reported when it was exposed as lies
    [I'd recommend Black Box Thinking, Matthew Syed uses that and Blair's continued insistence that the WMDs existed as an example of Cognitive Dissonance].
    Tony Blair didn't make the decision to go to war because the media reported about a dossier, it was the other way around.
    Are you serious? They endlessly beat the drums for war, repeated every bullshit lie handed down to them by "insider sources", and omitted every serious counterargument and the details of the historical relationships between the west and Iraq, and the idealogical conflicts between Iraq and Islamic terrorism.

But they blamed somebody else when the lie was exposed!

Bravo!

If you can apologise for this, you can apologise for literally anything. There's not a single tinfoilhat site on the net that has come within a million miles of the fakery you'll see every day on the authoritative, approved, official, mainstream media.

And it's not a one-off indiscretion. What about Russiagate, as a current example? Same shit, all over again.

I already said I can understand how people don't have time to really dig in beyond the bullshit to get somewhere close to the reality. I get that. What I objected to was the speed at which uninformed people condemn those who have a shovel and the willingness to dig. You can legitimately say, okay, I believe this, that, or the other. And you are at liberty to state you don't believe this, that or the other. But it's entirely illegitimate to proclaim deviation from the approved source is some sort of mental affliction without at least considering the alternative viewpoint. Sometimes very little consideration is required - Martians stole my homework. Other times it's the height of ignorance to be so dismissive - Scott Ritter, ex-arms inspector in Iraq, smeared as a sex offender because of the credible, firsthand information he was courageous enough to supply in the face of a lock-step "authoritative", approved, official mainstream media and the baying mob in tow.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bah. This was at WMUG, obvs.

I hardly ever post about this, I'm too busy bickering with NQ, saying how amazing Wenger was/is and being right about everything.
    I did post about Sky a while back and the above was an update. Maybe when there are conversations in this area I chip in with "lolz, yeah I'm getting terrible value for money but am too dumb/lazy to do anything about it". But all the time?!

I did have a whine when I moved house and they took for bloody ever to fit a Sky dish and, AND you can't use your box without one. You can't even play the stuff you've recorded even though it is physically on the box. That was partly my fault though as I didn't tell them I was moving till too late and had wrongly thought there was already a dish here. And that was 3 and a half years ago!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bah. This was at WMUG, obvs.

I hardly ever post about this, I'm too busy bickering with NQ, saying how amazing Wenger was/is and being right about everything.
    I did post about Sky a while back and the above was an update. Maybe when there are conversations in this area I chip in with "lolz, yeah I'm getting terrible value for money but am too dumb/lazy to do anything about it". But all the time?!

I did have a whine when I moved house and they took for bloody ever to fit a Sky dish and, AND you can't use your box without one. You can't even play the stuff you've recorded even though it is physically on the box. That was partly my fault though as I didn't tell them I was moving till too late and had wrongly thought there was already a dish here. And that was 3 and a half years ago!
    I can recall at least 15 occasions where you have posted about changing your contract. Verified by insider sources at Sky, BT, Virgin and CupAndString Media.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FAKE NEWS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FAKE NEWS!
    Triple sourced, with testimony provided by WMUG. What are YOUR sources?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought a £500 coffee machine.

I don’t know whether this will prove to be one of my wiser decisions...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will you stop banging on about buying coffee machines all the time

Sounds like a lot to spend on a coffee machine, that's nearly 6 months worth of my Sky Subscription at my old tariff. But then I don't like coffee. For people into coffee I've heard a good coffee machine is a big win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me and the wife are pretty hooked on coffee. We get through so much whether it’s from a shop or our current machine. I’ve done the sums and I’m sure this is more cost effective in the long run, especially now I’m working at home for the foreseeable future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will you stop banging on about buying coffee machines all the time

Sounds like a lot to spend on a coffee machine, that's nearly 6 months worth of my Sky Subscription at my old tariff. But then I don't like coffee. For people into coffee I've heard a good coffee machine is a big win.
    Stop trying to change the narrative by blaming decisive coffee machine consumers for your lack of direction with respect to telecommunications products and services.
    Für eure Sicherheit