User Tag List

Page 2749 of 3191 FirstFirst ... 1749224926492699273927472748274927502751275927992849 ... LastLast
Results 27,481 to 27,490 of 31909

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    The problem has been that over the last few years, whenever someone has said something, there are a select few (mainly on social media tbh) who instead of engaging & debating the issue, immediately call for said person to be banned/sacked from jobs/boycotted. Just look at what is happening to JK Rowling who has upset the trans community.

There is no middle ground anymore, its either one side demanding something is banned or other demanding the opposite. There is no debate anymore. Going back to the JK Rowling issue, she wrote an essay explaining why she had said what she did and tbh when reading it, it seemed perfectly reasonable. While not expecting everyone to agree with what she said, she laid her argument in a clear way. She didnt insult anyone yet when you see some of the response on social media wishing death on her etc, you do have to wonder which side is being hateful!

I really detest this cancel culture where instead on engaging in debate, people just demand others are sacked. Now there are arguments when people should be sacked, take the David Starkey interview last week with his comments “those dam blacks”. We all make mistakes so a one off might be a warning etc but this isn’t the first time he has made racist comments.
    However, wanting JK Rowling to be sacked/boycotted because some don’t agree with her comments on Trans people is just wrong. Perhaps if she had come out and said “all trans are nazi’s” there might be a case but she has done nothing of the sort.

ALthough one person got someone sacked from the booker prize committee for homophobia but was rather upset when tweets he had written insulting trans people a few years ago were brought up and he got the sack too. You reap what you sow i suppose.

But it goes back to your point about no context or nuance. There are too many bandwagons that are being jumped on without fully understanding why. Many people are getting into trouble because they say if you are born a man & transition, you still can’t menstruate. It’s a fact of life that but anyone who dares to think that, should be sacked etc.
    The problem is social media, you'd always have the odd loon but now they all have a voice and find each other and actually think their opinion matters.

Trouble is because they are so loud those in power actually listen to them.

I agree with the left eating their own being hilarious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the fuck? I'm now, literally, going to be paying for people to have a free lunch!!!!!????? Bring the whole family, knock yourselves out! Christ, I had no idea how generous I am.

Anything else people need? Give me a shout and I'll do some extra work.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Anything else people need? Give me a shout and I'll do some extra work.
    Cool. We have loads of little DIY things which need doing.
    Will PM you my address.
    Fanx!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I shouldn’t have dropped the guts of £200 at the restaurant on Saturday night.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creating a new account just to agree with yourself is a bit weird.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ghislaine Maxwell Allegedly Has Video of Prince Andrew

Accused Jeffrey Epstein accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell allegedly has secret video of Britain’s Prince Andrew — and might just give it to prosecutors, a relative of the prince claimed in an interview published Tuesday.

The account, reported in the New York Post, says Christina Oxenberg, who has identified herself as a onetime friend of Maxwell and Epstein, told The Sun that Maxwell previously boasted to her about lining up girls for the multimillionaire. She also told of making secret recordings.

Andrew, the Queen’s son, was allegedly a friend of Maxwell and Epstein who came under the hidden surveillance, according to the report described in the Post.

“He is one of many johns, all of whom were videotaped by Ghislaine,” Oxenberg told The Sun.

“He is not a victim here, but Ghislaine was never his friend, she was taping him,” she further said, the Post reported. “Friends don’t tape friends."

Maxwell was arrested by federal authorities last week. She is the subject of a six-count indictment for sex trafficking and perjury.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/video-max.../07/id/976154/

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eat out to help out.

Could do with thinking about the phrasing a bit better on that one really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's only up to £10 though.

I'd have preferred that rumoured £500 voucher for everyone. I'd have sold mine to some pauper for £450.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    It's only up to £10 though.

I'd have preferred that rumoured £500 voucher for everyone. I'd have sold mine to some pauper for £450.