User Tag List

Page 2809 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 1809230927092759279928072808280928102811281928592909 ... LastLast
Results 28,081 to 28,090 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, this is bullshit isn’t it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-56089759

I mean, I’m not getting into whether I agree with her views or not, but isn’t she allowed to express them without getting sacked? She was hardly calling for the gays to be stoned.

It’s interesting that in a society where we all have to be “tolerant” that tolerance doesn’t extend to views which are not thought to be unacceptable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we all sit on the fence and avoid risk it will all be okay.

Not really.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this is bullshit!

So last year, or maybe the year before actually, to much fanfare they announced that a stage show of Sister Act would be coming to London with Whoopi Goldberg, no less, reprising her role as Delores. I got excited so booked tickets. Was pricey, but I thought that given Whoopi was in it, it was worth it.

Then the world ended of course, so it didn't happen, so it got booted to this year.
    Now they've moved it to next year amid the continued uncertainty.

So far, so fine. But now they've said that Whoopi Goldberg won't be in it but they're not providing partial refunds, so you still get to pay the same amount without the star attraction which led people to shell out the big bucks.

Well they can piss off!

(You can get a full refund, which is probably what I'll do)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoopi is a stupid name.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Whoopi is a stupid name.
    agreed, but if you're going to tell her that, break the news gently - i.e. make sure and cushion the blow...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s hilarious how triggered the little Englanders are over Meghan and Harry. Blaming her and giving her dogs abuse for taking their Prince away. Anyone ever consider he’s actually happy away from the scrutiny the trash media in this country constantly give people of interest?

Good luck to them and I can’t wait to watch the Oprah interview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It’s hilarious how triggered the little Englanders are over Meghan and Harry. Blaming her and giving her dogs abuse for taking their Prince away. Anyone ever consider he’s actually happy away from the scrutiny the trash media in this country constantly give people of interest?

If they want to go & make their own lives then fair play to them & good luck.

The issue i have is how they spent the summer in 2019 lecturing us on how we should fly because of global warming yet took multiple flights on private jets.

They also demand privacy (again a fair request) but give a tell all interview to Oprah, sign deals with Netflix (who lets face it will demand their pound of flesh) and launch a podcast. Not exactly my idea of privacy thats for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it comes down to having control over their exposure. Probably some hypocrisy in there from them but I don’t begrudge anyone taking charge of their own destiny, especially if what they were doing before made them so unhappy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it comes down to having control over their exposure. Probably some hypocrisy in there from them but I don’t begrudge anyone taking charge of their own destiny, especially if what they were doing before made them so unhappy.
    It’s a tricky one. By all accounts the Queen wanted to make it work and provide them with roles that would make them happy. There was a plan i remember reading about that they would go and live in Africa for a while where they could do charity work, have privacy and build relationships with the commonwealth on Queen’s behalf. Similar the Queen spending time in Malta before she became Queen.

Obviously taht idea didnt work as they then wanted to go to Canada but with Canada being in the Commonwealth, they again thought it might work. Pissing off to LA two months after saying you are moving to Canada probably didnt help matters either.

What Harry & Meghan do next is up to them but i think the main worry in the royal family is if they go political. The Monarch is independent of government and yet if Harry & Meghan start getting involved in American politics which rumours suggest Meghan wants to, that could create diplomatic issues. Needs to be handled carefully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They fucking hate Meghan but don't mind noncey Prince Andrew.

I can't qWhite put my finger on why.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.