User Tag List

Page 2822 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 1822232227222772281228202821282228232824283228722922 ... LastLast
Results 28,211 to 28,220 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I saw this a while, which I thought was interesting.

It is an interesting listen and when you hear the headlines like that, not much debating over it.

But i think two key points are being missed in those comparisons. The first is that Kate had problems with the press before she married into the family. Her mother has always been seen a social climber and negative comments were made at the time. Kate also had topless photos of her published in the media (or was it in France) when some press took photos while she in a private villa.

The second point is most of those headlines on Meghan all appear after the wedding when opinions started to change as i mentioned due to their comments on flying etc.

We know the media here have problems, but there is a lot more to the problems with Harry & Meghan then that but they are not the only victims here for sure. Prince Edwards wife got caught out in a media sting, from memory it was the fake sheikh again, where she criticised the Queen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I basically agree, the gutter press are bastards and while I'm largely a fan of the monarchy it is an anachronism and as an "outsider" - especially someone not being brought up in this country - it must be incredibly hard to fit into. I read something about her not realising that she actually had to curtsey to the Queen in private, she thought that was just part of the public pomp and ceremony. It is all a bit crazy if you stop to think about it.

It all must be difficult, but...that's kinda the deal if you marry a Royal. And whining that you want privacy on national TV is pretty pathetic.
    As is whining about being cut off financially when you removed yourself from the source of money and you have a bloody fortune compared to most people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I basically agree, the gutter press are bastards and while I'm largely a fan of the monarchy it is an anachronism and as an "outsider" - especially someone not being brought up in this country - it must be incredibly hard to fit into. I read something about her not realising that she actually had to curtsey to the Queen in private, she thought that was just part of the public pomp and ceremony. It is all a bit crazy if you stop to think about it.

It all must be difficult, but...that's kinda the deal if you marry a Royal. And whining that you want privacy on national TV is pretty pathetic.
    As is whining about being cut off financially when you removed yourself from the source of money and you have a bloody fortune compared to most people.

She alluded to that in her interview yesterday and also said that no one helped her with the national anthem so she had to resort to google. Well, you are an actress so learning lines shouldnt be an issue.

But surely on things like royal protocol or learning national anthem, the person who should have been helping her was her fiancée who surely knew all the protocols backwards. Why complain that the courtiers didnt do anything when harry should have been there anyway. Surely you’d expect your fiancée to help first before members of staff?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it's all gone quiet over there

(pointing at Prince Andrew)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be naive to think there isn’t an element of racism in an institution as old, white and as “proper” as the royal family. In fact I’d be surprised if I heard they were all welcoming, liberal people. Wouldn’t believe it for second.

I think Meghan was obviously in over her head and underestimated the press in this country along with her duties in the royal family. It’s a mess but I don’t see any issue with them choosing collectively to take a different path in life. It will still be a life of public service because of who Harry is but it will be done under their own control.

Can’t wait for the interview tonight and all the Netflix shit and everything they do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It would be naive to think there isn’t an element of racism in an institution as old, white and as “proper” as the royal family. In fact I’d be surprised if I heard they were all welcoming, liberal people. Wouldn’t believe it for second.

I think Meghan was obviously in over her head and underestimated the press in this country along with her duties in the royal family. It’s a mess but I don’t see any issue with them choosing collectively to take a different path in life. It will still be a life of public service because of who Harry is but it will be done under their own control.

Can’t wait for the interview tonight and all the Netflix shit and everything they do.
    How so?

Cutting deals with Netflix or Spotify cannot be classed as public service and nor is going to give a speech to Goldman Sachs etc.

If they take on charity work in the US, is that really public service given they are now effectively private citizens? I wouldn’t say charity work i or anyone else does can be classed as public service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I’m unsure on the definition of public service, I thought it was things like charity work etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll probably use some of their public profile to help charities and causes which they believe in, which can only be a good thing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh FFS...

Now one of my feminist friends is claiming that the reason men's trousers have pockets in and women's don't is because they're in league with the handbag companies to make sure women keep buying handbags. Smash the patriarchy!

...nothing to do with women, in general, carrying more shit around and thus needing more space to do so than trouser pockets generally contain.