User Tag List

Page 2849 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 1849234927492799283928472848284928502851285928992949 ... LastLast
Results 28,481 to 28,490 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "US automakers have outlined principles designed to encourage drivers to pay attention to the road while driving partially automated vehicles as political scrutiny of the technology intensifies following a series of fatal crashes."

that's a good idea, what they could also do is 'encourage' them to keep hold of the wheel and have their feet on the pedals just in case - or even just, like, drive the car...

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-fatal-crashes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Can you expand on these two points?

And, out of interest, what is your position on global warming, exactly?

Is it that it isn't happening? I mean, I'm mid 40s - although hurtling towards 50 with disconcerting speed. But there's a clear difference in the climate in this country since I was a kid. We used to get regular, deep snow. It's rare now. I remember when I'd go and see fireworks it was foot-numbingly cold. Now a light jacket will suffice. I'd suggest the fact that the climate has changed in the UK at least is pretty much undeniable.

Is it that you concede it's happening but you don't think it's caused by human action so there's no point in doing anything about it?
    Or is it that you do think we are contributing to it but you don't think the counter-measures being suggested will help. Or you don't think it's going to cause big problems so it doesn't really matter?

Or none of the above in which case fill in your own answer.

I mean, it seems to me that it is happening. We are causing it, or certainly contributing. And it causing and will continue to cause problems.
    So I'm generally on board with "we should probably do something". I'm less sure about what. And have to say when I've been to places like India I have thought "oh what's the bloody point?!". As Sean Lock said, doing a bit or recycling feels like turning up to the aftermath of an earthquake with a dustpan and brush.
    But, like Covid, I do think there's a situation which demands a response.
    I will (in fact I have, but I'll do it again). I can spend the odd 5 minutes here right now, maybe posting up an article or dealing with retards like Mac, but don't have the time for detailed responses. So next week. I owe you 2 posts.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I will (in fact I have, but I'll do it again). I can spend the odd 5 minutes here right now, maybe posting up an article or dealing with retards like Mac, but don't have the time for detailed responses. So next week. I owe you 2 posts.
    ooh, ith thomebody upthet?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now now, be nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    ooh, ith thomebody upthet?
    By you, candy boy? Wouldn't have thought so.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    By you, candy boy? Wouldn't have thought so.
    oh suuuuuuuuuuuure

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that's good enough for me:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56926180

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well, that's good enough for me:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56926180
    Honestly this is the stupidest story purely because it is such an own goal on Boris’ part.

I fully accept & agree that Prime Minsiters should be allowed to make the flat in Downing Street liveable for their needs and funds provided by the taxpayer. May had no children whereas Boris has a new born, i suspect things may need to change to make it safe for a new born etc and that is fair enough.

However, this story just angers me for the sheer stupidity of it. Why would you spend so much on fucking wallpaper for a place where you could be kicked out of in 24 hours time. It is not a permenant home, and bear in mind that PMs also stay at either Chequers or their own constituency homes at weekends so it is not like they live in Downing Street 24/7 (emergencies aside) so it just seems a complete waste of money.

There is no story here if boris just said we used the allowance provided but met the costs for the extra ourselves. No body would have any issue with that but they didnt. They tried to get donations and loans and that is the problem. It’s just so fucking stupid and could in theory cost him his premiership all because he can’t say no to his wife demanding expensive wallpaper

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These people don't live in the real world. Which calls in to question how he can pretend to represent or empathise with those who do.
    How do you help people who can't afford to buy food when your biggest concern in life is whether John Lewis furniture is posh enough?