User Tag List

Page 2850 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 1850235027502800284028482849285028512852286029002950 ... LastLast
Results 28,491 to 28,500 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    These people don't live in the real world. Which calls in to question how he can pretend to represent or empathise with those who do.
    How do you help people who can't afford to buy food when your biggest concern in life is whether John Lewis furniture is posh enough?
    all this has been known forever, e.g. back when he ran for London Mayor it was widely publicsed that he described the £250k a year he received for a newspaper column as 'chickenfeed'

but he's funny and has silly hair so it's ok, and so he gets to be prime minister, kill thousands through indecision on covid, wrecks the UK's economic future with his extremist EU policies and then people get upset about wallpaper - i''m not sure who's the most to blame here....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    but he's funny and has silly hair so it's ok, and so he gets to be prime minister

That is so depressingly accurate. He's basically admitted that it's all a bit of an act, but underneath it all he's a nasty piece of work and dangerously incompetent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MbJpTQD2Uk

I must admit, I can't see the angle. There's the obvious one, but surely not even the average Joe is ready to eat that? Whatever, it's ramping up and has been for several years. Is there already a concern that warmism isn't delivering as expected? Really don't know, will be interesting to see where this goes. And why has Fox News been chosen?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Democrat news networks wont touch it. They are too busy gushing over Biden and his 70% approval rating.

in truth you have to be an Ant deep below ground not to believe in Aliens. The vastness of the Universe is beyond our comprehension. How can humans be the only intelligent beings in all that space. We are barely beyond our former animal selves in our current development. We should only really fear a race that is close to our current level of technology that wants to take over this planet. If an advanced set of aliens wants to wage war on Earth it will be over in a matter of days.

Most likely these aliens are amused at us and are just taking the proverbial piss.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    The Democrat news networks wont touch it. They are too busy gushing over Biden and his 70% approval rating.

in truth you have to be an Ant deep below ground not to believe in Aliens. The vastness of the Universe is beyond our comprehension. How can humans be the only intelligent beings in all that space. We are barely beyond our former animal selves in our current development. We should only really fear a race that is close to our current level of technology that wants to take over this planet. If an advanced set of aliens wants to wage war on Earth it will be over in a matter of days.

Most likely these aliens are amused at us and are just taking the proverbial piss.
    Oh well, on that level I agree. Unless mathematics is just wrong then there are countless civilisations in the infinity of space. But that doesn't have much to do with this developing primer. When the government announces they are going to release everything then that's a lie any thinking person can see through. So the question is, why tell such a transparent lie? It's fascinating. Do they now feel they have captured a majority that will believe literally anything they are told, provided it originates from an authoritarian source? Or is it a test to determine if they have reached that level, or to gauge how far away they are from the ideal?

I used to use alien invasion as hyperbole, the extreme. I'm trying to find new boundaries in this nut house. 911. Covid. Warmism. ET. What could possibly come after that stew of lunacy?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there is now a new Space force. How can they justify spending 200billion or more if there is no perceived threat from space. The aliens are coming.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    The aliens are coming.
    Nah.

For start, we have no idea whether there is life out there at all, let alone life complex enough to explore the universe. I don’t accept it’s inevitable. The universe is pretty roomy, of course. Or, as someone cleverer than me put it:

“Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.”
    - Douglas Adams

But if you look at the Drake equation, which seems like a pretty decent way of estimating how many civilisations there might be out there, most of the terms in it are unknown. We don’t know whether the universe is teeming with life, whether we are unique or at least extremely rare or whether it’s a miracle that even we exist.

But even if it’s the former, space is still big. And that means actually contacting one another much less visiting is most likely impossible.

It’s an interesting question, whether we are alone in the universe, but I’d suggest the answer is unknowable. And I don’t for one minute believe that we have been or are being visited by alien life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you believe is your prerogative. Dinosaurs didnt believe in great big rocks thundering down from space either

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are saying that there is no correlation between belief and truth then I agree.
    But that means that your belief about this is no better or worse than mine.
    But my point above, which you have offered no counter argument to, is that the actual truth about this is unknown and unknowable.