User Tag List

Page 2855 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 1855235527552805284528532854285528562857286529052955 ... LastLast
Results 28,541 to 28,550 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would’ve voted for Rory Stewart.

Someone with his vision and seemingly genuine desire for constructive and innovative change is who we need to at least give a chance to see what happens.

The repeated failures of the traditional approaches will never work.

All we have to look forward to now, is another 3 years of unexceptionable governance.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    I would’ve voted for Rory Stewart.

Someone with his vision and seemingly genuine desire for constructive and innovative change is who we need to at least give a chance to see what happens.

The repeated failures of the traditional approaches will never work.

All we have to look forward to now, is another 3 years of unexceptionable governance.

He is certainly one of the more interesting politicians of recent times.

I think one of hte problems with Khan is he hates the tories and has been quite hostile in his attacks on them both as mayor & as an MP (i fully accept tories have in turn been hostile towards him as well) but it makes negotiating with the government quite difficult as we have seen over the last year.

A mayor who is not quite so hostile to the government might be able to achieve more as they are able to compromise easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    He is certainly one of the more interesting politicians of recent times.

I think one of hte problems with Khan is he hates the tories and has been quite hostile in his attacks on them both as mayor & as an MP (i fully accept tories have in turn been hostile towards him as well) but it makes negotiating with the government quite difficult as we have seen over the last year.

A mayor who is not quite so hostile to the government might be able to achieve more as they are able to compromise easily.
    how is he supposed to not be hostile when they're fucked tehe country by leaving, and leaving badly, the EU, mishandled the pandemic, hamstrung local authorities with cuts, fucked up social housing policy, ramped up travel fares and let him take the blame, been responsible for a huge rise in homelessness etc etc etc?

if he calls out the lies of that bunch of c***s then good on him for telling it like it is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Would Bailey have been better?
    Binface woul probably have been better than either but that was never realistic
    Bailey is a less serious candidate than Binface or Fox.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Binface actually got the same vote share as Fox in some areas, including mine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Binface actually got the same vote share as Fox in some areas, including mine
    https://twitter.com/Number10cat/stat...31801314283522

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the highlight from the last couple of days of Starmer’s reshuffle is the left of the Labour Party telling Starmer what to do in order to win.

Corbyn even wrote an article about what labour should do to win going forward.

If only they tried that in 2019 & 2017

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I think the highlight from the last couple of days of Starmer’s reshuffle is the left of the Labour Party telling Starmer what to do in order to win.

Corbyn even wrote an article about what labour should do to win going forward.

If only they tried that in 2019 & 2017
    What the Labour party are doing is the same crap they went through in the 1980s. The problem is that they seem to think that policies are what gets you an election win. Sadly, that is not the case.

Thatcher and Blair both got 100+ seat majorities but nothing to do with policies. They were up against Jim Calaghan and John Major, both not really dynamic personalities, both in charge of a party at war internally, their main argument being 'the other side couldn't do any better. Meanwhile Thatcher and Blair were taking the 'I know how to make everything really good' pitch. People voted for the positive statement.

There was a survey after Thatcher came to power. They asked people if they agreed with various policies, not attributing the policy to one side or the other. It turned out that while a lot of people thought Thatcher was the right leader, they simultaneously did not like the policies she represented.

Until the election a few days ago, I had no particular problem with Starmer in terms of policies. However, he is a wet blanket and is never going to get the majority of people to believe he is going to be a good leader. (After the election, when he immediately sacked Angela Rayner, blaming her instead of his lack lustre image, he went right down in my esteem - not that he was particularly high in the first place.)

What the Labour Party need to realise is that while they argue the toss about whether their policies are exactly perfect in this or that member's opinion, they are not getting elected and people at the bottom of the heap that they are supposed to be helping are left in limbo. The first rule of real politics is 'get elected'. Until you do, everything you say and argue about is an irrelevance. Better to compromise on policy, get elected and at least get something done the way you want, rather than lose elections. Maybe you managed to say how clever and wonderful you are putting your principles first, but maybe also consider that because you did, the people you are supposed to be helping carry on suffering.