User Tag List

Page 2887 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 1887238727872837287728852886288728882889289729372987 ... LastLast
Results 28,861 to 28,870 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apart from that it was fine thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Holy shit will you stop being so incompetent!

Dude asked me to send him a report yesterday of <insert boring details here>. So I did.
    He came back to me this morning saying there was a duplicate and could I check I hadn't made a typo.

I did wonder if I'd made an error in my query but it seemed unlikely, I'm very clever you know.
    So I spent some time checking. All looked good at my end. Then I noticed that the file I'd sent him didn't even contain the duplicate.

So clearly he buggered something up. Then sent me a screenshot of the file he buggered up and said could I look in to it.
    No, you wanker. You stop being so useless!

Now he's pinging me saying the numbers I sent him don't match his numbers. Which is because I filtered the report as agreed and I made that clear in my email when I sent the report

STOP
    WASTING
    MY
    TIME
    YOU
    INCOMPETENT
    PRICK!

Aaaaargh!

The level your mind operates at is fascinating. I didn't know a biological system could be so trivial yet manage complex tasks like breathing, walking and chewing gum.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have already pointed out how you said that things would get better immediately after Wenger, you said we should be challenging for the title in 2 years.
    It always amazes me how you make a prediction, the exact opposite happens and you contrive to say "See? Told ya!"

All you're doing is making claims. You provide no evidence for them, no data to back them up. I've always been willing to entertain other points of view but you so rarely provide any substance to your assertions.

You said "Temperature rising? No"
    And you said I made an "utterly false assertion that severe weather patterns have increased - it's the opposite". I subsequently provided a source for my assertion, you have provided none for yours.

It depends how you define them "getting it wrong". They don't seem to have done too bad:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019...global-warming
    https://www.carbonbrief.org/analysis...global-warming

But hey, feel free to provide your own source. My guess is you are quibbling about some detail which was got wrong and ignoring the over-riding point.
    They predicted the earth would warm up. It has done, noticeably and measurably.
    Yeah, I said anyone could do a better job than Wenger. I didn't claim it would be easy to undo the damage he did. In fact I said it would turn us into mid-table also-rans. So I guess, "I told you so." But rewrite whatever you need to in order to make your point.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    In fact I said it would turn us into mid-table also-rans. So I guess, "I told you so." But rewrite whatever you need to in order to make your point.
    I must have misunderstood you when you said:

Yep. A serious title challenge within 2 years or out and get the next guy.
    http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...t=4161&page=39

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must have misunderstood you when you said:

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...t=4161&page=39

Yet again, the words are crystal clear but the comprehension skills are blurry. Which bit are you struggling with? Bring a new guy in, if he succeeds keep him, if he fails fire him. The exact opposite of the long, painful Wenger departure that dragged the club to the depths.

What is it you are trying to suggest or prove here? That we should have simply persisted with Wenger. Because he's your dad?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet again, the words are crystal clear but the comprehension skills are blurry. Which bit are you struggling with? Bring a new guy in, if he succeeds keep him, if he fails fire him. The exact opposite of the long, painful Wenger departure that dragged the club to the depths.
    I'm not struggling with any of that. And I agree. I was a bit late to the party, admittedly, but yes any new manager doesn't have any of the history Wenger had so is easier to get rid of if he doesn't deliver.

What is it you are trying to suggest or prove here? That we should have simply persisted with Wenger. Because he's your dad?
    It's interesting that you question my comprehension skills above and yet you don't seem to understand that this exchange isn't about Wenger. It's about you.
    It's about your bizarre ability to predict a thing, see the exact opposite of that thing happen and then say "told ya!"

Let me lay out all the quotes in a row, see if that helps.
    I said:

You said we should be challenging for the title in 2 years.
    That was my example of you making a prediction. Can we agree that here we are, more than 2 years after Wenger and we have not challenged for the title? I would suggest a challenge this year is unlikely.
    You responded:

In fact I said it would turn us into mid-table also-rans.
    So I found the post where you said exactly what I claimed you said:

Yep. A serious title challenge within 2 years or out and get the next guy.
    You say above "Bring a new guy in, if he succeeds keep him, if he fails fire him". Fine. But in that post you define what success looks like.
    Now you're claiming that you predicted all along that "it would turn us into mid-table also-rans".
    If that's true then why suggest that a new manager should be judged on the basis of whether we were title challengers within 2 years?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not struggling with any of that. And I agree. I was a bit late to the party, admittedly, but yes any new manager doesn't have any of the history Wenger had so is easier to get rid of if he doesn't deliver.

It's interesting that you question my comprehension skills above and yet you don't seem to understand that this exchange isn't about Wenger. It's about you.
    It's about your bizarre ability to predict a thing, see the exact opposite of that thing happen and then say "told ya!"

Let me lay out all the quotes in a row, see if that helps.
    I said:

That was my example of you making a prediction. Can we agree that here we are, more than 2 years after Wenger and we have not challenged for the title? I would suggest a challenge this year is unlikely.
    You responded:

So I found the post where you said exactly what I claimed you said:

You say above "Bring a new guy in, if he succeeds keep him, if he fails fire him". Fine. But in that post you define what success looks like.
    Now you're claiming that you predicted all along that "it would turn us into mid-table also-rans".
    If that's true then why suggest that a new manager should be judged on the basis of whether we were title challengers within 2 years?
    Seriously though. What?

It's so easy to determine what I'm saying. Is this some bullshit attempt to imply what I said is not what I said, even though you quoted it?

Let me restate it, though I doubt that will help people like you.

Wenger did, indeed, turn the club into mid-table also-rans, exactly as predicted. Not that it was in any way a difficult prediction to make. It was as obvious as it was inevitable. That's because, at that moment in time, Wenger was the worst football manager on planet earth. Only he could have taken us 180 degrees in such catastrophic fashion. Even a fan dragged out of the seats could have done a better job because Wenger was consumed by his own failure by that point, and he was totally unwilling to take a step back. A couple more years and he would have easily had us relegated.

Meanwhile, I said bring in a new guy and if he doesn't have us challenging for a title in two years - sack him. The opposite to the Wenger trauma, don't hang around with losers. Let them prove they can do the job or let them get the fuck out.

Which part of this is in any way contradictory? re you so desperate to be right you have to start making up new definitions for English words?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait a moment, I think I might be able to guess at the abstract apology you are trying to make on behalf of you dad Wenger.

You are maybe implying the damage he inflicted on this club ceased the moment he left? Not so. He baked a loser mentality into the club. Bent over and paved the way for the abusive bastards who run the club. He did everything possible to ensure the guy who replaced him had a monumental task. Maybe unfair to give him two years and then demand he compete, considering the Wenger effect. But maybe equally unfair this shitty club charges the highest rates to watch their shitty football. And maybe unfair managers get paid stupid amounts for being incapable. Real clubs demand results. Don't see why Arsenal should be any different, other than the problem of it not actually being a real club.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are maybe implying the damage he inflicted on this club ceased the moment he left? Not so. He baked a loser mentality into the club. Bent over and paved the way for the abusive bastards who run the club. He did everything possible to ensure the guy who replaced him had a monumental task. Maybe unfair to give him two years and then demand he compete, considering the Wenger effect.
    Great. So you've finally understood it.
    When it was announced that Wenger was leaving you were giddy with excitement, said we'd be mixing it with teams like Chelsea and Spurs in no time. And you said you expected a title challenge in 2 years.
    The exact opposite happened. We have got significantly worse than we ever were under Wenger.
    Now you're pretending that this is what you predicted all along because of the "Wenger effect". But you didn't, you predicted the exact opposite - immediate improvement.

And just to be clear, I'm not picking you up on being wrong. I was wrong too, I didn't think we'd end up being this shit.
    I'm picking you up on being wrong and then saying "told you so" when you predicted the exact opposite of what has happened.

Wait a moment, I think I might be able to guess at the abstract apology you are trying to make on behalf of you dad Wenger.
    I honestly don't know how else to explain that this exchange is not about Wenger.
    It's about you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlie Watts