User Tag List

Page 2909 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 1909240928092859289929072908290929102911291929593009 ... LastLast
Results 29,081 to 29,090 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...blast-25338840

Private jets flying into this event will produce more emissions then Scotland does in a year.

how does that go along with the message of we all need to act to save the planet ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just repeating the argument doesn’t make it valid.
    Even if there is some hypocrisy - and I don’t disagree that there is - that doesn’t invalidate the argument that steps are needed to address climate change and world leaders getting together to discuss that is a good thing.

Whether anything meaningful will come out of it is a different matter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Private jets flying into this event will produce more emissions then Scotland does in a year.
    Which is less than 1% of what America produces.
    And China produce more than double what the US does.
    Again, I’m not particularly defending the modes of travel but from the above if the US commits to a 1% reduction then in just one year that offsets the emissions from this conference. And that’s just one country in one year. I suspect the pledges made will be significantly more ambitious than that and will cover numerous countries ongoingly

You’re having a go at someone dropping a piece of litter on the ground while going to litter pick all day. I mean, you’re right they shouldn’t have dropped the litter but overall haven’t they done a good day’s work in terms of cleaning things up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Which is less than 1% of what America produces.
    And China produce more than double what the US does.
    Again, I’m not particularly defending the modes of travel but from the above if the US commits to a 1% reduction then in just one year that offsets the emissions from this conference. And that’s just one country in one year. I suspect the pledges made will be significantly more ambitious than that and will cover numerous countries ongoingly

You’re having a go at someone dropping a piece of litter on the ground while going to litter pick all day. I mean, you’re right they shouldn’t have dropped the litter but overall haven’t they done a good day’s work in terms of cleaning things up?
    But these pledges are unlikely to cover China & Russia (possibly India) the largest polluters.

I think the UK emits 1% of the worlds emissions which is a small amount yet some of these policies they want us to sign up to will bankrupt us. Take the heat pump issue, they want us to install heat pumps & are prepared to cover 5k of costs towards this yet they cost around 12k. Who has 12k to install these? Most people do not. So either these are funded by even more borrowing & therefore higher taxes or people go more into debit while china continue polluting without giving a shit.

Climate change is not black & white either yet it is treated as if it is. There is a coal mine they want to open in Cumbria which would produce coke for steel production. Now we produce lots of steel (unless we are banning that but unlikely) so therefore need this coal which mostly is imported from china, so not only do we still use the coal but we give china more money & have the emissions from shipping it across the world. Yet everyone is against this coal mine being opened. It would reduce our emissions (we are still using the coal but save on shipping it) employs people locally so more money in the local economy but because its a coal mine, all the green lobby oppose it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Letters never met an authoritarian agenda he didn't like.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Letters never met an authoritarian agenda he didn't like.
    Are you still whining about being locked in your house while the door is wide open?
    You seen the army yet? They appear to be running late...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The meeting could have been done by conference. Not everyone going is even going to have a say so why bother. These meetings are what the UN was set up for and if you insist on country reps being present. Well the ambassadors of almost every country are already present in London. Its more waste for a photo op that ignores the real substance. Stop travelling by car to pick up a bag of lettuce and by the way the US defence department is the worlds single biggest polluter. More than several countries
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    But these pledges are unlikely to cover China & Russia (possibly India) the largest polluters.

I think the UK emits 1% of the worlds emissions which is a small amount yet some of these policies they want us to sign up to will bankrupt us. Take the heat pump issue, they want us to install heat pumps & are prepared to cover 5k of costs towards this yet they cost around 12k. Who has 12k to install these? Most people do not. So either these are funded by even more borrowing & therefore higher taxes or people go more into debit while china continue polluting without giving a shit.

Climate change is not black & white either yet it is treated as if it is. There is a coal mine they want to open in Cumbria which would produce coke for steel production. Now we produce lots of steel (unless we are banning that but unlikely) so therefore need this coal which mostly is imported from china, so not only do we still use the coal but we give china more money & have the emissions from shipping it across the world. Yet everyone is against this coal mine being opened. It would reduce our emissions (we are still using the coal but save on shipping it) employs people locally so more money in the local economy but because its a coal mine, all the green lobby oppose it.
    OK, well now you're making a different argument, one which has more merit.
    I am also sceptical whether any pledges will be made at this thing which will really make a difference, or enough difference.
    Doing nothing doesn't really feel like an option, but it's not clear what the right thing to do is. As you say, it's complicated.
    I've heard Elon Musk opine that dealing with the consequences of climate change will be cheaper than trying to stop it. Impossible to know if he's right but it's an interesting opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Are you still whining about being locked in your house while the door is wide open?
    You seen the army yet? They appear to be running late...
    Hilarious. The guy running around claiming the word is going to end is lecturing on the nature of reality.

You may well have PERMISSION to walk through your open door - for now. But I'd get under the bed if I were you. One minute to midnight dude! SCARY!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    The meeting could have been done by conference. Not everyone going is even going to have a say so why bother. These meetings are what the UN was set up for and if you insist on country reps being present. Well the ambassadors of almost every country are already present in London. Its more waste for a photo op that ignores the real substance. Stop travelling by car to pick up a bag of lettuce and by the way the US defence department is the worlds single biggest polluter. More than several countries
    There's also the small matter of hundreds of millions of deaths should these lunatics get their way. Energy, agriculture, economies smashed so polluting "green" (CO2 required for green, but don't tell them that) non-alternatives that don't work (as demonstrated time and again) can be temporarily implemented at huge cost and profit. Costs go one way, profits the other. Same old story but on the biggest scale yet.

Meanwhile not a single thing will be done to stop the multinationals polluting the shit out of the planet.

It's at least suspicious and worthy of consideration, but we don't have time because the world's about to end. Drink up!
    Für eure Sicherheit