User Tag List

Page 2913 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 1913241328132863290329112912291329142915292329633013 ... LastLast
Results 29,121 to 29,130 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It is now possible to summarise your position on life, the universe and everything, as stated by you, in your own words, on this very forum.
    Go on then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Comparing WWII to the covid scam is pure shit, even by your non-existent standards.
    That would work way better as a criticism were you not the one who did exactly that in the early days of the Covid thread when you talked about the blackout and compared people breaking lockdown to people breaking the blackout.
    I can quote that post too if you want so you can pretend you never said it like you are about the "army on the streets" post, despite me quoting it verbatim and exposing your lie about how you were talking generally and not in the context of this country alone. Clear bullshit as you said the 10pm closing time for pubs - which was a UK policy at the time - was part of preparing us for the dystopia you predicted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Clear bullshit as you said the 10pm closing time for pubs - which was a UK policy at the time - was part of preparing us for the dystopia you predicted.
    Of course it was preparing us. Two years ago you'd never think it would be illegal to hug your parents, or any of the other bullshit, now we're waiting, condition to expect and accept another lockdown. Part of the new normal.

And it will be. Climate lockdowns are next on the cards, we have to save the planet, Greta is not happy with us, but it's okay now we've been condition to accept such Draconian overreach. The new normal.

The push for everyone to get the vax is also part of the new dystopian future.

Vax passports on our phone are to get us used to checking in at every location, soon that will be the new normal. Anywhere you go, you check in, we'll have our carbon footprint on these passports and our social credit too. Driven too much that week, time to stay home, you'll be refused entry anywhere. Said something mean online, time to stay home, you'll be refused entry anywhere.

Of course this is not happening all in one go but little by little a new layer is added.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Of course it was preparing us. Two years ago you'd never think it would be illegal to hug your parents, or any of the other bullshit, now we're waiting, condition to expect and accept another lockdown. Part of the new normal.
    Right. And before the War no one would have thought that you could be fined for opening your curtains at night, or that the government would restrict what you can buy. Those were unprecedented restrictions on liberty, but they made sense in the context of a War.

The restrictions over the last 18 months have made sense in the context of a pandemic where the virus is airborne. If people mix less then clearly that will slow transmission.
    It’s notable that practically every country in the world imposed similar restrictions on their citizens. So either every country simultaneously took a lurch towards authoritarianism or, and I’m just throwing this out there, they were all dealing with the same situation.

Now, you can certainly debate whether the government got things right here. Did they impose the right restrictions and do so at the right times? That would be a hard no from me. But was their motive control? No. The restrictions imposed make no sense in that context.
    Firstly, you think the government care if you hug your parents or dance at a wedding?
    Secondly, the restrictions have consistently corresponded to the data. As they have in every other country. Countries where lockdowns were far harder than ours are now back to business as usual.
    Not clear if you are in the UK at the moment but right now there are virtually no restrictions. MrsL and me had a date night recently, we went out for a meal in Chinatown and then to the theatre. No restrictions were evident, some people were wearing masks but not many. London felt normal again.
    Last night I was at a fireworks night, many of the big ones are on this year.
    Will there be restrictions this winter? My gut feel is there may be but it depends on the data.

The rest of your post is a ramble about things which won’t happen so I’m not sure how to respond to that other than say “none of that is going to happen”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terence Wilson of UB40 is with Pat now.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know what to make of our NHS. Sometimes I think it’s broken and hopeless, other times I think it’s remarkable.

MrsL spent half an hour earlier trying to get a doctor’s appointment for the boy.
    At one point she was something like 70th in the queue and when she did get to speak to someone all the appointments were gone. He’s not that ill, he has some skin infection, probably hand, foot and mouth. We just wanted a diagnosis and, if necessary, some treatment.

So I took the boy to the walk in centre at the hospital. We were seen within 15 minutes, they have a special room for young children and put some kids’ program on a screen while he’s being seen. They prescribed some antibiotics and gave me some advice about when he might be contagious. I went to the pharmacy at the hospital to pick up the antibiotics and that was that. I was there less than an hour. It was all free (well ok, £2 for parking). Amazing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NQ, this is how you do it if you want to opt out of society

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59174870

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    NQ, this is how you do it if you want to opt out of society

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59174870
    Apart from the bit where he keeps getting rescued at tax payers expense. He seems ok with that.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First post!!!!!
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)