User Tag List

Page 2984 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 1984248428842934297429822983298429852986299430343084 ... LastLast
Results 29,831 to 29,840 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Criminals in the government, the permanent state and the corporate energy cabal are set to announce further price increases of up to 80% on October 1st in the coordinated and continuing bid to force the middle class into poverty, kill off as many of the poor as possible and stuff the wallets of the establishment and monopolist profiteers. The trend is predicted to continue through April 2023 when energy prices will finally be forced beyond the reach of around 25% of the poorest and most deprived in society. Meanwhile a similar drive to force starvation on the poor is in a late stage of development as farmers across the west suffer sustained attack. Nitrogen is the latest gas to be targeted by the climate nutters, leaving just hydrogen and oxygen as nutter approved gases.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if you go with the Russian excuse and accept that Russia is in Africa, Russia has now won the proxy war in Ukraine, as was inevitable. So drop the self harming sanctions, prevent people falling into poverty and freezing or starving to death and prevent the Russian economy from continuing to go from strength to strength. I mean that's what you'd do if the primary reason for government is service to the people, right?

But what if the primary reason for government was something else? Is that possible? Based on 100% of the evidence, for example?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Even if you go with the Russian excuse and accept that Russia is in Africa, Russia has now won the proxy war in Ukraine, as was inevitable. So drop the self harming sanctions, prevent people falling into poverty and freezing or starving to death and prevent the Russian economy from continuing to go from strength to strength. I mean that's what you'd do if the primary reason for government is service to the people, right?

But what if the primary reason for government was something else? Is that possible? Based on 100% of the evidence, for example?
    Nah. Ukraine is winning, best to double down or triple down till Putin comes begging
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone winning?
    And I raise an eyebrow at anyone who things that the powers that be are anywhere near competent enoug to coordinate some Machiavellian strategy. People will of course benefit from this stuff like they did with Covid, but they just happened to be in the right industry at the right time. They’re way too inept to have planned any of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Is anyone winning?
    And I raise an eyebrow at anyone who things that the powers that be are anywhere near competent enoug to coordinate some Machiavellian strategy. People will of course benefit from this stuff like they did with Covid, but they just happened to be in the right industry at the right time. They’re way too inept to have planned any of it.
    It's rather obvious who's winning, I would have thought. If you mean "winning" in terms of pins stuck on BBC maps and breathless (almost sexual) tales of glorious resistance then it might look a bit confused and muddy.

But the $70billion is an easy enough win to decipher. And the Russian economy versus, say, the German economy and the economic outlook is a clue. Then there's your energy bill, if you can't figure out who's winning that one you must surely have twigged who's losing?

No, no, the winners and losers are easy to figure out. Same winners as always, same losers as always.

But, as you say, it's all accidental so there's nothing we the people can do about it. Nor should we try, or even think about trying. Nanny state will soon change her spots and throw us a crumb, to rapturous cheers of gratitude no doubt.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You attack our government for being run by criminals who just want to make money yet then say we need to drop sanctions on Russia so we can get their gas etc. yet the Russian government is quite literally run by criminals who profit by taking money away from their citizens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But, as you say
    That’s a strange start to a paragraph in which you go on to write a load of things which I didn’t say.
    Come on, dude, you grumble when you feel people misrepresent you so don’t do it to me.

it's all accidental so there's nothing we the people can do about it.
    I wouldn’t use the word “accidental”, but I don’t think it’s coordinated to achieve some strategy. The powers that be are far too incompetent for that. As for whether there’s anything we can do, firstly whether we can do anything is not related to whether any of this is coordinated. Secondly, there are things we can do but it would take a huge coordinated effort. If people collectively decide they’re not having it any more and enough stop playing the game then the powers that be will have to act.

Nor should we try, or even think about trying.
    Didn’t say that.
    I actually think people should do something. I’ve read rumblings of coordinated efforts to cancel direct debits to energy companies. My gut feeling is not enough people will do that to be effective. And, honestly, I’m probably too much of a coward to join in. But a lot of families in this country are going to be screwed so some kind of collective action does feel necessary, unless the government do start helping people.

Nanny state will soon change her spots and throw us a crumb, to rapturous cheers of gratitude no doubt.
    Didn’t say that either. But they have done some things. During the pandemic the furlough scheme bailed out a lot of people. I mean, we can discuss whether they should have shut down the entire sodding economy, but given that they did they didn’t just let people starve, they did help people.
    There have been some cost of living payments made this year to help with council tax and energy bills. Johnson has made some noises about more things being announced. Whether it’s enough is a different debate but my feeling is they’ll have to do something to help people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *big fucking sigh*
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do go on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are enough people going on.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.