User Tag List

Page 3009 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 2009250929092959299930073008300930103011301930593109 ... LastLast
Results 30,081 to 30,090 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    The Beach Boys are one of the most overrated bands in hiatory
    In the mid-60s Brian Wilson and The Beatles were in a kind of arms race. Pet Sounds is a brilliant album. And they’ve done some other good stuff. Seen Brian Wilson a couple of times but the last time was a bit sad, the band carried him through it but he’d “gone” as a performer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if it was an arms race then the Beatles had nuclear weapons and the Beach Boys had toy bows and arrows

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if it was an arms race then the Beatles had nuclear weapons and the Beach Boys had toy bows and arrows
    I mean, it was Lennon/McCartney vs Wilson - and Harrison was no slouch from the mid-sixties onwards. So I kinda agree. But we shouldn’t underestimate the influence Wilson had on McCartney in particular. Pet Sounds is a brilliant piece of work. Sadly he went a bit mad before he could finish Smile in the 60s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beach Boys is essentially pop music though, whereas Beatles became something more, though they wrote good songs all the way through

The Beach Boys were picked up in retrospect by many people (not saying that's you) as something they liked that they could think was cool when it really is just pop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well ok then. Music, and enjoyment of it, is subjective.
    I just find more complex music more interesting.

Love Me Do is…fine. It’s an ok little pop song. A Day In The Life is a piece of art.
    Albums like Sgt Pepper changed and pushed on music as an art form.
    Elvis didn’t, but he did inspire the people who did.
    If you want to keep listening to “fast food” music then fine, I mean I like it too, it is entertaining. I just prefer steak. It’s more interesting to me.

Elvis did cover some Beatles songs by the way. And they’re…fine, as I said he was an amazing performer. But the original of Yesterday has been played a bazillion times on the radio. Elvis’ cover of it…not so much. (To be fair I don’t know if he released it, possibly just something he did live, you can find it on YouTube).
    I just stuck a day in the life on. Utterly woeful. Actually very jarring on the ear. Not an enjoyable experience, in the slightest. You can call it art because you think you're supposed to enjoy it, because you were told to in Rolling Stone, which you've referenced multiple times. That's cool. Someone shat in a box and called it art. I think art is fuckin nonsense too, for the most part anyway, tbh.

I go back to the point about why we listen to music. I listen to be entertained. From your posts it seems you listen to what you think you need to listen to because it's in a magazine. Bizarre to me. But enjoy your steak, I guess.
    Last edited by mandela8; 11-09-2022 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Police were the first band i got into and though i've got into a lot of other stuff since, i still think they're great, saw them twice when they reformed and they were superb, just the three of them blasting out all the classics
    Sting, Phil Collins, The Beatles.

Those are the 3 acts that get turned off instantly, for me. I find them all whiny, boring trash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Beach Boys were picked up in retrospect by many people (not saying that's you) as something they liked that they could think was cool when it really is just pop
    This is Letters to a T, tbf.

If he read it was cool to like Right said Fred he'd be telling us how I'm Too Sexy is a creative, progressive, piece of art. And looking down his nose at all who didn't agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we’ve still got two cunts trying to pass off their musical opinion as fact.

Day in the Life is an excellent song in my opinion up there with Within you, Without you, Tomorrow Never Knows, Something and Strawberry Fields forever.

I would say anyone who doesn’t appreciate this is a semi retarded mouth breather who can’t acknowledge it because they are beholden to their hatred of all things English.

But I’d just be trolling

Honestly Letters shame on you, do you need this deranged sweaty sock to approve your musical taste. Are you in that much need of validation?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    So we’ve still got two cunts trying to pass off their musical opinion as fact.
    Literally on the last page

Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well ok then. Music, and enjoyment of it, is subjective.
    Honestly Letters shame on you, do you need this deranged sweaty sock to approve your musical taste. Are you in that much need of validation?
    I don’t care what he thinks. I just happen to think Elvis is overrated so I said so. Which doesn’t mean I think he was “shit”.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    This is Letters to a T, tbf.

If he read it was cool to like Right said Fred he'd be telling us how I'm Too Sexy is a creative, progressive, piece of art. And looking down his nose at all who didn't agree.
    Oh yeah. I’m well known round here for jumping on all the cool bandwagons.
    That’s why my taste in music and fashion is so revered.