User Tag List

Page 3015 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 2015251529152965300530133014301530163017302530653115 ... LastLast
Results 30,141 to 30,150 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We changed :goodpost: to : gp : while you weren't around, for future reference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason the Monarchy will endure is because Republicans are such utterly insufferable shits.

Most people have better things to be doing either than queuing for 2.5 miles or whinging about how the head of state which separated from government is a purely ceremonial role is unelected as if it makes the slightest fucking difference.

In fact it’s a bit much coming from someone who chooses to live in a Republic which for the last six years has been giving us all lessons in how a country should not run.

A president is largely an elected king given the atrocious amount of pomp and ceremony from Inauguration Day, state of the union address and all the other shit, but one that has power and who have they elected to it most recently a celebrity narcissist and someone with senility.

Wouldn’t mind if we were the only constitutional monarchy in the world. But we aren’t, not even the only one in Europe

The old woman who died chose to live as a privileged prisoner for 70 years….some people respect that. There’s no need to get angry about it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    I’d also add that as you are immersed in this sycophancy.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do. And there is a plethora of it about as each person tries to outdo the other with their fawning platitudes.

Here is the thing Richard, and I genuinely mean this. I’ve many times in the past, been critical of the tendency almost exclusively of Royalists, to behave in this sycophantic manner.

But this. This is hands down the most nauseating display I’ve ever seen. Anywhere. Ever. And it isn’t even close. And your head is so far up the royal rectum, you can’t see beyond their tonsils.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do. And there is a plethora of it about as each person tries to outdo the other with their fawning platitudes.

Here is the thing Richard, and I genuinely mean this. I’ve many times in the past, been critical of the tendency almost exclusively of Royalists, to behave in this sycophantic manner.

But this. This is hands down the most nauseating display I’ve ever seen. Anywhere. Ever. And it isn’t even close. And your head is so far up the royal rectum, you can’t see beyond their tonsils.
    What a beautiful post, man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I respected old Liz and her longevity, I think she represented the good that a monarchy can bring. Unfortunately it’s her family have that heavily soured public opinion of the institution.

I kind of liked the fact that she pre-dated pretty much everything in modern society and was this somewhat larger than life character who we didn’t really know anything about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I respected old Liz and her longevity, I think she represented the good that a monarchy can bring. Unfortunately it’s her family have that heavily soured public opinion of the institution.

I kind of liked the fact that she pre-dated pretty much everything in modern society and was this somewhat larger than life character who we didn’t really know anything about.
    Yep I’d say that pretty much sums up my feelings

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But this. This is hands down the most nauseating display I’ve ever seen. Anywhere. Ever. And it isn’t even close.
    Well, yeah. I mean, it’s the Queen, innit? There is nothing to compare this to.
    Never before has a monarch reigned for so long.

For anyone mid 70s or below she’s just always…been there.
    And many people, like me, had a lot of affection for her. I think she’s been a tireless servant of the country for 70 years (FAO mandela, “LOL” isn’t a counter argument to that).
    So yeah, I’m a bit sad she died.

At the same time, I’ve not spent the last week in black tie (someone at church, who is only early 20s, literally was wearing black last Sunday, he went out to get all the papers before the service and said he’d done so every day since she died. I think he is ridiculous, he’s a bit of an odd bloke).
    I raised an eyebrow at a YouTube video on a channel I watch here and there, the lady did a video about the Queen’s death and described it as a “tragedy”. She was a 96 year old who died of natural causes, that isn’t a tragedy.
    And I rolled my eyes at Sky cutting out some jokes from Last Week Tonight about the Queen - I posted about that on here. I found the uncut episode on YouTube and his comments were pretty mild, it’s ridiculous they were cut, especially as the cut was so jarring to make it obvious what they’d done.

TL;DR, a lot of people have affection for her, that is being expressed now she’s died. That’s it.
    She’s unquestionably been a very important figure for the country and in the world over the last 70 years, a lot of people liked her. One of the Poles said to me that they’re quite fond of her.

Why do you find this all so nauseating? I mean, I felt the same about the outpouring of grief when Jade Goody died. Jade fucking Goody! And a lot of the wailing and gnashing of teeth was from a media who a couple of years previously has been (rightly) hammering her for being a stupid racist.

I have a certain affection for the royals but a lot of that is because of the Queen, I don’t feel the same for Charles. I wonder if the monarchy will survive him. There’s a debate to be had there, they are an anachronism in a modern world. But I happen to love all the pomp and ceremony and tradition. Would we actually be better off without them? Would it actually solve any problems? The decisions which affect our lives would still be made by the clowns in Parliament (what a bunch of clowns).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Where does this come from?

Respected her longevity, no doubt enabled by the life of utter opulence afforded her at the literal expense of others?

And what is this "good that a monarchy can bring", exactly?

Larger than life? How the fuck was she.

Make absolutely no mistake about this, that old woman was a foul, wretched cunt who thought she was better than you. She thought she was above you. We know this for a fact because if she didn't she'd have done the only positive single thing that family of leeches could ever do and dissolve the utterly archaic, racist, sectarian, elitist mockery that is the monarchy.

Fuck her and every single fuckin thing the abhorrent wee creature stood for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well, yeah. I mean, it’s the Queen, innit? There is nothing to compare this to.
    Never before has a monarch reigned for so long.

For anyone mid 70s or below she’s just always…been there.
    And many people, like me, had a lot of affection for her. I think she’s been a tireless servant of the country for 70 years (FAO mandela, “LOL” isn’t a counter argument to that).
    So yeah, I’m a bit sad she died.

At the same time, I’ve not spent the last week in black tie (someone at church, who is only early 20s, literally was wearing black last Sunday, he went out to get all the papers before the service and said he’d done so every day since she died. I think he is ridiculous, he’s a bit of an odd bloke).
    I raised an eyebrow at a YouTube video on a channel I watch here and there, the lady did a video about the Queen’s death and described it as a “tragedy”. She was a 96 year old who died of natural causes, that isn’t a tragedy.
    And I rolled my eyes at Sky cutting out some jokes from Last Week Tonight about the Queen - I posted about that on here. I found the uncut episode on YouTube and his comments were pretty mild, it’s ridiculous they were cut, especially as the cut was so jarring to make it obvious what they’d done.

TL;DR, a lot of people have affection for her, that is being expressed now she’s died. That’s it.
    She’s unquestionably been a very important figure for the country and in the world over the last 70 years, a lot of people liked her. One of the Poles said to me that they’re quite fond of her.

Why do you find this all so nauseating? I mean, I felt the same about the outpouring of grief when Jade Goody died. Jade fucking Goody! And a lot of the wailing and gnashing of teeth was from a media who a couple of years previously has been (rightly) hammering her for being a stupid racist.

I have a certain affection for the royals but a lot of that is because of the Queen, I don’t feel the same for Charles. I wonder if the monarchy will survive him. There’s a debate to be had there, they are an anachronism in a modern world. But I happen to love all the pomp and ceremony and tradition. Would we actually be better off without them? Would it actually solve any problems? The decisions which affect our lives would still be made by the clowns in Parliament (what a bunch of clowns).
    Again, what service?

What benefit has she brought to the man in the street?

It's just an empty platitude thrown about by bootlickers.

She's offered no fuckin service of any value. Certainly none that couldn't have been offered by someone else...y'know, like the people most normal countries find to do such nonsense.