User Tag List

Page 3020 of 3204 FirstFirst ... 2020252029202970301030183019302030213022303030703120 ... LastLast
Results 30,191 to 30,200 of 32037

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    Operations cancelled.
    This isn’t minor inconvenience. The impact on some people is huge and unnecessary.
    You lose points for not mentioning Centre Parcs.
    But OK, fine. I agree a lot of that is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just heard on the news the queue is 14 hours.

Fucking hell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is much more but I haven’t the time.

Suffice to say, there was plenty of time to prepare for and manage the impacts.

But all the preparations were meticulously devoted to ‘show respect’ to someone well over 99% of the populace has never met.

Zero consideration or if there was consideration of the populace, zero fucks were given as to the impact on us.

Your loved one’s funeral, postponed as a mark of respect for someone you never even met.

Your medical condition, you’ve waited months to have treated after almost two years of not being diagnosed because of covid, postponed. Indefinitely.

No governance, after over two months of no governance.

You obviously don’t like comparisons with North Korea, but right now this country is aligned with the mindset of that country. Our priorities are identical to those of that country in many ways.

If anything, the North Koreans are excused their fawning because most of them are compelled to do this to themselves.

This country has no excuse.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You obviously don’t like comparisons with North Korea, but right now this country is aligned with the mindset of that country. Our priorities are identical to those of that country in many ways.

If anything, the North Koreans are excused their fawning because most of them are compelled to do this to themselves.

Wonderful stuff, man.

Shame the debate is against bible thumpers/monarchists.

Like beating a cripple in a fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't plan for all this stuff in advance. Appointments are planned well in advance, as are funerals. If a bank holiday is declared with a week's notice that is obviously going to affect things and there's no way of planning for that.
    One could argue that those things should continue - I'd agree they should. But no-one is dictating they stop.
    It's been declared a holiday but it's up to businesses how they respond to that, there is no obligation for them to cancel funerals or any other appointments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is much more but I haven’t the time.

Suffice to say, there was plenty of time to prepare for and manage the impacts.

But all the preparations were meticulously devoted to ‘show respect’ to someone well over 99% of the populace has never met.

Zero consideration or if there was consideration of the populace, zero fucks were given as to the impact on us.

Your loved one’s funeral, postponed as a mark of respect for someone you never even met.

Your medical condition, you’ve waited months to have treated after almost two years of not being diagnosed because of covid, postponed. Indefinitely.

No governance, after over two months of no governance.

Actually I do agree with this

I think if someone had a loved ones funeral planned for Monday or an urgent medical appointment to have it postponed at short notice is completely unacceptable. I don’t mind in principle a bank holiday being declared because there aren’t enough public holidays in this country to begin with, but I don’t think the ramifications of it were considered at all in the London Bridge planning. And if they were and they decided to do this anyway and the Queen herself signed off on it, it was bloody selfish of her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post

I think if someone had a loved ones funeral planned for Monday or an urgent medical appointment to have it postponed at short notice is completely unacceptable. I don’t mind in principle a bank holiday being declared because there aren’t enough public holidays in this country to begin with, but I don’t think the ramifications of it were considered at all in the London Bridge planning. And if they were and they decided to do this anyway and the Queen herself signed off on it, it was bloody selfish of her.
    if it's true about operations etc then it's outrageous, is that definite?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post

Some articles state taht it is up the local NHS trusts on how to proceed and they are the ones making decisions to cancel operations/appointments etc.

Obviously we can’t criticise the NHS at all, otherwise people get very upset. Such as if you weren’t applauding loudly enough in 2020, sounds a bit North Korea doenst it.

On a serious point, cancelling of appointments is not good especially with the covid backlog. Perhaps the trusts have worked out that double pay or whatever bank holidays are means its too expensive but surely teh costs of delaying further treatment will outweigh those costs. With funerals, articles seem to imply the most of those being postponed are because the family have requested it rather than being told it must be delayed. If thats their personal choices then who are we to argue against them? I would perhaps understand places saying no funerals between 10-12 on Monday while Queens funeral is going on but not the whole day.

The Center parks was a complete fiasco. I suppose given that this hasn’t happened for 70 years no one quite knows how to handle it. I suspect it’s going to be very different when Charles dies as lessons will have been learnt from this.

I do slightly disagree with letters in taht you cant plan for a bank holiday with a weeks notice but most businesses such as NHS should have started to have contingency plans in place, she was 96 so you cant say it was unexpected

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/62919134

He was a fantastic commentator. The six nations wont be the same without him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of the unnecessary disruption, including last week's football being cancelled (even at kids levels btw so the point about police is BS) is down to terrified organisations engaging in virtue signalling, with people being scared of being tried and found guilty by the right wing media, this has of course been ramped up by the Leave debate where countless businesses which knew full well leaving the EU would fuck the economy were too scared to stand up and say so for fear of being branded traitors

We now have a country where free speech is trumpeted by the right but what they mean is the freedom for them to lie and distort the truth at will, while shouting down and branding as traitors anyone who disagrees with them