User Tag List

Page 3037 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 2037253729372987302730353036303730383039304730873137 ... LastLast
Results 30,361 to 30,370 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Private ownership of fireworks should be banned, along with drones and leafblowers

They're all anti-social and unnecessary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't help that local councils have stopped doing licensed fire displays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Doesn't help that local councils have stopped doing licensed fire displays.
    well they're being starved of cash by the Government so they've no choice

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Private ownership of fireworks should be banned, along with drones and leafblowers

They're all anti-social and unnecessary
    I am coming round to that point of view.
    Professional displays are better and safer anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m torn because I’m a selfish prick

I have bought fireworks before for private displays including spending almost a hundred quid on an individual group of them that was like an artillery barrage. I also bought some for new year and had put the thing in at an awkward angle causing the thing to go flying over the house and then erupting in a way that set off every car and burglar alarm in the nearby radius.

I do love that shit

But equally there’s no need to be letting the things off for weeks before and after November 5th and I am definitely compassionate to the stress it causes animals like Dogs and Cats. Have had to spend a lot of time coaxing out scared dogs and letting them know they were going to be ok.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I also bought some for new year and had put the thing in at an awkward angle causing the thing to go flying over the house and then erupting in a way that set off every car and burglar alarm in the nearby radius.
    You are not making a compelling case for them to be safe for home use
    I don't have a massive problem with people using them at home in principle, but so many people are such inconsiderate twats they spoil it for the more responsible people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoyed fireworks a lot when I was younger but haven’t really been bothered about them in my adult life. We’ve got a few dogs on my street so I’ve always been mindful enough to inform the owners whenever I’ve bought some of my own to do.

I don’t really see an argument against banning private use tbh. Would happily be in favour of professional displays only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You are not making a compelling case for them to be safe for home use
    I don't have a massive problem with people using them at home in principle, but so many people are such inconsiderate twats they spoil it for the more responsible people.
    I wasn’t making the argument based on safety and responsible usage in fairness

But they can be fun (within reason, there’s no fun in losing fingers or third degree burns)

But I wouldn’t object to them being banned except for public displays a) because especially on nights when I have to work the next day I don’t appreciate people setting them off and b) am genuinely saddened by seeing animals in a high state of distress
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 07-11-2022 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at a back garden bonfire party over ten years ago with an ex, her brother-in law had his two young kids there sitting on a bench - it was a long garden, maybe 80 feet, and he set off a rocket at the other end, but it hit a branch and the ricochet sent it flying about a foot above the kids' heads

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My nephew did a display some years back. I think he procured some fireworks which...aren't really supposed to be used at home!
    It was a bloody brilliant display, the best amateur one I've ever seen, nearly as good as some professional ones I've seen.
    But it wasn't the biggest garden and I did feel I might just die at any point