User Tag List

Page 3067 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 2067256729673017305730653066306730683069307731173167 ... LastLast
Results 30,661 to 30,670 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    If someone describes themselves as being funny, what are your immediate thoughts regarding them?
    No one who describes themselves any way is actually that thing

“I’m a good guy” = I reacted to a girl who didn’t want a second date by calling her an ugly bitch and to go kill herself. That’s just a randomly plucked example by the way I’ve not done that, though I did tell a girl who decided to get back with her ex that her artwork was shit (although said out of spite, it genuinely was fucking terrible).

“I’ve got a great sense of humour” = I signed an online petition to get a comedian who’s joke I found offensive to be sacked from whatever gig they were on

And so forth

I can describe myself as tall because that’s just an irrefutable fact. But in terms of personality characteristics I’ll leave it to other people to make up their minds
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 29-01-2023 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    No one who describes themselves any way is actually that thing
    I don't think that's true. Some people have a better handle on their traits than others.
    I mean, with funny - when you tell jokes people either laugh or they don't, so you can measure that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't think that's true. Some people have a better handle on their traits than others.
    I mean, with funny - when you tell jokes people either laugh or they don't, so you can measure that.

But There’s a difference between saying I’m a hard worker and I’m funny

One is something you can objectively prove the other is just paying yourself a compliment

If someone says I’m honest, I'm hard working etc it’s a bit things you write on a CV but yeah it’s something you can measure yourself

I’m funny, im a good person?….no fuck off you’re neither because if you were either of these things you wouldn’t need to tell me.

I try to make people laugh, I try to live a good life and be kind…..that I can accept

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny is easier to measure than "good person". You surely know if you tell jokes in company and people laugh.
    Obviously there are people - as parodied by the David Brent character - who think they're funny but the jokes actually fall flat or people are laughing at the person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Funny is easier to measure than "good person". You surely know if you tell jokes in company and people laugh.
    Obviously there are people - as parodied by the David Brent character - who think they're funny but the jokes actually fall flat or people are laughing at the person.
    I think the opposite, humour is totally subjective for a start. There are actions that are objectively good…like if you rescued a kid from a frozen lake, you wouldn’t need to assert that you were good…people would think you were a good person. Unless you were like a John Bindon and had chucked them in the lake to begin with

Both being good and being funny are qualities people ascribe to others not to themselves. I’ve never heard a comedian describe themselves as funny and it’s their job to make you laugh. They might recognise they have a talent but they don’t explicitly say “I’m funny” - it’s weird

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. You make a pretty good point about funny. I mean, Mrs Brown's Boys I'd suggest is objectively not funny. But I'm clearly wrong about that because there it is on BBC1 and it's deemed worthy of a Christmas Special ffs.
    I think I'm known for being a bit funny amid folk at church but I wouldn't be packing them in at The Apollo. And I can't write jokes for toffees, but I can tell them reasonably well. But yeah, I guess I wouldn't say I'm funny per se, but I can be in certain contexts.

Good chat

Oh, and again, anyone who describes themselves as "wacky" or "a character" needs stabbing in the face.
    The sort of people who say "what am I like!!". A twat mate, that's what you're like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    If someone describes themselves as being funny, what are your immediate thoughts regarding them?
    First thing that springs to mind is ILT.

That cunt thought he was funny because he reposted shit off the internet.

People describing themselves as funny tend to be as accurate as those who describe themselves as ‘cool’.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://metro.co.uk/2023/01/30/mr-bl...ning-18190876/

Good news! Mr Blobby could still be yours!

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies, confirmed what I already thought!