User Tag List

Page 3068 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 2068256829683018305830663067306830693070307831183168 ... LastLast
Results 30,671 to 30,680 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I'm not convinced you have the ability to, but OK, I'm willing to listen.

Of course my worldview may be mistaken. In fact, it almost certainly is. It seems pretty unlikely that I'm right about everything.
    I know for one thing that I tend to be too willing to think the best of people. Contrary to your belief about me, I'm not a liar and people who routinely lie confuse me. I tend to assume people are mostly honest which is often not correct. So I can certainly be wrong about that. But I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong about everything.

The test of a good model is whether it can explain things and make good predictions.
    My model of reality told me that the Covid response was a temporary response to "a situation". My evidence of that was that the response kept changing as the situation did, and it was based on my underlying belief/worldview is that while the government are flawed, they're not hell-bent on oppression and control. Most of the time they more or less let us get on with things. They have no interest in stopping you hugging your elderly relatives or dancing at your sister's wedding, they don't care if you go down the pub or go clubbing. The government then banned all these things. So either:

1) My worldview is completely wrong and the government are interested in a level of oppression and control I didn't think we'd ever see in this country or
    2) They were temporary measures designed to deal with the situation.

We can debate whether the measures were the right ones, but I'm talking about the motivation for them.
    Since the Covid situation was always going to be temporary - pandemics never last for ever - I always believed that the measures were temporary and would be removed when the situation allowed. And...they were. So that gives me some confidence in my worldview.

Your worldview led you to believe that the measures were here to stay and were only going to get worse. But that just didn't happen.
    All the posts I've quoted are from October 2020. So maybe you were having a bit of a wobble back then. I think we all had one at some point in the pandemic. Mine was quite early on in the pandemic, and I did struggle a bit with Christmas being cancelled so close to the date and the lockdown early in 2021. But every time I point out all the things you predicted back then, things which demonstrably didn't happen, you just deflect from it or twist events which happened in other countries to claim that's what you were talking about. We'd have a more sensible discussion it you just acknowledged that you got those things wrong.
    Which doesn't mean your entire worldview has to be wrong, but you were wrong about the specifics of what they were going to do in this situation.

I do think there's things you can teach me - you are certainly much better read than me on history and politics.
    I continue to raise an eyebrow that you are the authority on this, but I'm certainly willing to hear what you have to say.
    I'm done with it now. Things have taken a turn for the worse and we are in very serious trouble now. There's only time for people who can do things to do things. Pray to God they do. And that's not me or you, so no point talking any more.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cunts are going to send fighter jets to Ukraine.

JUST SO THEY CAN MAKE MONEY.

It's beyond all belief. I hope you all realise what this means and will take steps accordingly.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    But There’s a difference between saying I’m a hard worker and I’m funny

One is something you can objectively prove the other is just paying yourself a compliment

If someone says I’m honest, I'm hard working etc it’s a bit things you write on a CV but yeah it’s something you can measure yourself

I’m funny, im a good person?….no fuck off you’re neither because if you were either of these things you wouldn’t need to tell me.

I try to make people laugh, I try to live a good life and be kind…..that I can accept
    You are more depressed than me, aren't you?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pfizer has been busted for the vaccine - even the left wing media is scuttling to take a position. (Who the fuck woke them up?) Now we know what government is, what a corporation is and what the establishment is. As if we didn't know already.

The economy is done. German banks are being propped up by a printing press that's blowing steam and causing evacuations.

The Pfizer scandal is interesting because intelligent people (yes, they still exist) have been triggered to look back at the great banking scam of 2007/8. Before that, the WMD scam. Before that, 911 - where it all kicked-off in earnest.

A picture is forming, covering the sky. And only the most wilfully blind (the voting majority) continue to struggle to see it. Well, they see it. But that doesn't mean they can't be propagandised out of seeing it.

The west has collapsed. But it will take time to go through it.

And the viciousness, ungodliness and barbarism of the east is on the rise once again.

Ably assisted by the woke fucks and other morons in the west who ushered it in with a warm and lovingly disguised authoritarian embrace.

You'll fucking miss it when it's gone. That's for sure.

What a fucking shame. England. The greatest, most just, most egalitarian nation to ever exist - overrun by savages. And we didn't even put up a fight.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Pfizer has been busted for the vaccine - even the left wing media is scuttling to take a position. (Who the fuck woke them up?) Now we know what government is, what a corporation is and what the establishment is. As if we didn't know already.

The economy is done. German banks are being propped up by a printing press that's blowing steam and causing evacuations.

The Pfizer scandal is interesting because intelligent people (yes, they still exist) have been triggered to look back at the great banking scam of 2007/8. Before that, the WMD scam. Before that, 911 - where it all kicked-off in earnest.

A picture is forming, covering the sky. And only the most wilfully blind (the voting majority) continue to struggle to see it. Well, they see it. But that doesn't mean they can't be propagandised out of seeing it.

The west has collapsed. But it will take time to go through it.

And the viciousness, ungodliness and barbarism of the east is on the rise once again.

Ably assisted by the woke fucks and other morons in the west who ushered it in with a warm and lovingly disguised authoritarian embrace.

You'll fucking miss it when it's gone. That's for sure.

What a fucking shame. England. The greatest, most just, most egalitarian nation to ever exist - overrun by savages. And we didn't even put up a fight.
    Funny, but I agree that western 'democracy' is dying. If people look at the span of human history rather than the past 50 or 100 years, it was ever thus. The greatest 'civilized' empire the world has seen - the Roman Empire - eventually succumbed to corruption and decay, and so will the West. I think we need to look at human nature rather than its constructs - and innate selfishness; short-termism and failure to learn lessons will out...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Funny, but I agree that western 'democracy' is dying. If people look at the span of human history rather than the past 50 or 100 years, it was ever thus. The greatest 'civilized' empire the world has seen - the Roman Empire - eventually succumbed to corruption and decay, and so will the West. I think we need to look at human nature rather than its constructs - and innate selfishness; short-termism and failure to learn lessons will out...
    Out of interest, what do you think will replace it then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Increasing authoritarianism...whether internal or imposed by an outside entity. The other alternative is revolution - but often revolution leads to the same result - see the French or Russian revolutions....
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mason Greenwood had all charges against him dropped for assault and attempted rape which was kind of bang to rights on

Still though probably shouldn’t say too much given TP is a bit rapey as well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Increasing authoritarianism...whether internal or imposed by an outside entity. The other alternative is revolution - but often revolution leads to the same result - see the French or Russian revolutions....
    You'll be unsurprised to hear I don't really see that happening.
    I just don't see a clear direction of travel towards authoritarianism. And I would note that the people who scoff at that are the ones who saw the Covid restrictions as a land grab on our rights. Multiple people on here said that the restrictions were here to stay. That was never going to happen. They were clearly a response to "a situation". The wrong response, sure, but a response nonetheless. As the situation changed, so did the restrictions. And while it did feel at times like it would go on forever, we are past all that now and it's back to BAU. I just don't see what freedoms our parents or grandparents enjoyed that we are now denied. For some people rights have increased. We are less than a century since women earned the right to vote. Being gay (well, having a gay relationship, anyway) was actually illegal in my parents' childhood and for some of their adulthood actually. Imagine that. Two adults having a relationship was illegal because they were the same sex. So I really don't see evidence for the march of authoritarianism that some on here suppose. And those that do claim to see it never give concrete examples of how it's happening, it's always "this is what is going to happen". But given some of their predictions about how Covid restrictions would persist and increase, I'm sceptical of their 20:20 foresight.