User Tag List

Page 3074 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 2074257429743024306430723073307430753076308431243174 ... LastLast
Results 30,731 to 30,740 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

There was another thing recently about some programme where they're using "positive discrimination" to encourage minorities to join.
    I'd suggest the solution to discrimination is equality, not different discrimination.
    On one hand I do think if you’re policing certain communities you probably do want the odd token person from that community….although as we saw in Kentucky that doesn’t stop silly accusations of racism.

But yeah positive discrimination, shouldn’t be something you say out loud even if that’s what you intend. Although if you’re the Labour Party it might help you actually appoint an actual woman as a woman’s officer and not some cosplaying creep in fishnets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-64824436

This has fucked me off, what possible purpose does this serve

I’m genuinely sorry the woman on the bike was killed. As I’m sure were the pedestrian and the driver

But it’s not like she pushed her, she lost control of her bike and more or less fell into the oncoming car, when she shouldn’t have been on the pavement to begin with.

This is police and prosecution being overzealous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This woman caused the death. Even if she didn't push her, which isn't clear, her actions caused her to fall in front of a car.

It's also not clear if she should have been cycling there or not. So it's not this woman's place to do what she did. She deserves prison.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    This woman caused the death. Even if she didn't push her, which isn't clear, her actions caused her to fall in front of a car.

It's also not clear if she should have been cycling there or not. So it's not this woman's place to do what she did. She deserves prison.
    Fuck right off with that, if you’re on your bike on a pedestrianised pavement it’s abundantly clear you’re a nuisance to pedestrians. And no unless she used Jedi powers to make this woman fall off her bike she in no way caused what happened and actually only adds to my belief that this woman shouldn’t have been out riding a bike in public to begin with if someone shouting at you can cause a loss of motor control.
    It’s absolutely obscene to believe a crime has been committed, it was an accident nothing more nothing less. The police and the CPS should be ashamed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post

Spot on. Road safety is as much about pedestrians taking due care, as it is for cars, cyclists or anything else that goes down a highway.

Whether or not someone is doing something wrong, being a cunt and deliberately guving a driver/cyclist something else to worry about is negligence.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    And no unless she used Jedi powers to make this woman fall off her bike she in no way caused what happened
    Well that's bullshit. If the lady hadn't shouted and waved her arms at the cyclist then she wouldn't have lost control of her bike. It's clear that those actions distracted the cyclist and directly caused the accident.
    That said...the cyclist shouldn't really have been on the pavement and there must be many instances a day of pedestrians yelling at cyclists with no consequence.
    So...overall, I don't know if she should be in jail. No-one really wins out of this incident, it's pretty sad all round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Spot on. Road safety is as much about pedestrians taking due care, as it is for cars, cyclists or anything else that goes down a highway.

Whether or not someone is doing something wrong, being a cunt and deliberately guving a driver/cyclist something else to worry about is negligence.
    agreed, given how anti-cyclist this country can be it's good to see some kind of justice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well that's bullshit. If the lady hadn't shouted and waved her arms at the cyclist then she wouldn't have lost control of her bike. It's clear that those actions distracted the cyclist and directly caused the accident.
    That said...the cyclist shouldn't really have been on the pavement and there must be many instances a day of pedestrians yelling at cyclists with no consequence.
    So...overall, I don't know if she should be in jail. No-one really wins out of this incident, it's pretty sad all round.
    It’s not bullshit at all, if someone shouting and waving their arms at you causes you to lose control of your bike then it’s safe to say you’re not safe to be on your bike at all

I’m not saying the pedestrian did nothing wrong, but no way in hell is that a criminal matter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm responding to the assertion that the pedestrian "in no way" caused the incident, of course she did.
    Whether it's a criminal matter...well, I dunno. I don't think it's clear. She was both correct and being a bit of a prick and the latter of those things did cause the accident.
    But as I said, no-one really wins out of this whole incident.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a shared cyclist/pedestrian path, she was where she was supposed to be.

The actual cause of death is a failure of road design, of course. If there'd been a segregated bike path on that road the two people would never have come into conflict.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting