User Tag List

Page 3093 of 3205 FirstFirst ... 2093259329933043308330913092309330943095310331433193 ... LastLast
Results 30,921 to 30,930 of 32041

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah our car is compliant too and it's a 1.4 - no one needs a bigger engine than that to drive legally on UK roads so no problem IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most of my cars are compliant.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue is more a london based initiative trying to extend beyond its geographical mandate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Couldn’t give a fuck as I don’t live in london and think anyone driving there needs their heads examined

But I think it’s a bit much to try and expand it beyond the M25. I think local councils in home county border districts are well within their rights to tell Khan to fuck off
    It's not being expanded beyond the M25, only to the Greater London boundary.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    It's not being expanded beyond the M25, only to the Greater London boundary.
    Well someone should explain that to the local boroughs outside of the M25 such as my local council which seem to have the distinct impression otherwise

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it simply that if you're somewhere close to London then there's a fair chance you'll be travelling in and out of the M25 with some regularity, so the ULEZ thing affects you even if you're not actually in it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Isn't it simply that if you're somewhere close to London then there's a fair chance you'll be travelling in and out of the M25 with some regularity, so the ULEZ thing affects you even if you're not actually in it?

No ULEZ has affected people driving into towns in Essex like Romford from other areas of Essex for years, like with the DART crossing, it’s just something people albeit reluctantly accept. The plan appears now to actually spread the charge further into the Home Counties

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    No ULEZ has affected people driving into towns in Essex like Romford from other areas of Essex for years, like with the DART crossing, it’s just something people albeit reluctantly accept. The plan appears now to actually spread the charge further into the Home Counties
    [pedant] Technically, Romford is in London and has been since 1965 [/pedant]

It also isn't in the current ULEZ, so not sure where you're getting that from (https://lruc.content.tfl.gov.uk/ulez...cal-detail.pdf. )

Do you have a source for expanding into the home counties? I don't see how that could be possible, given the Mayor of London position only has jurisdiction over... well, London.

Could be that you're getting confused about where the modern boundary of London is? Because it includes some places that historically have been considered part of the Home Counties, like Havering, Bexley, Richmond and Uxbridge that were eaten up by Greater London in 1965, as I say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAusbJmRB0c (this is worth a watch btw, it's very good!)

Unless you've got some other information I've not come across?
    Last edited by WMUG; 04-05-2023 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Romford is still Essex even if it comes under the GLA

But the planned extension is to take it right to the borderlines where drivers in Essex could get caught up in the ULEZ just by being on the A12/A1023 for example, London Transport extends all the way into just outside Brentwood so someone going to the junction where the A1023 intersects with the M25 just as a short cut

I mention Brentwood as it’s my local council and there seems to be cross party support for opposition to ULEZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

So basically this then.

Romford is in the historical county of Essex but the ceremonial county of Greater London, hence "technically".

It's all quite confusing.

Frankly Brentwood Council can oppose the ULEZ all they want, but they have no power to stop it, AFAIK, given that they're not in the GLA. Maybe legal challenges? No idea what, if any, merit they'd have.
    Last edited by WMUG; 04-05-2023 at 05:00 PM.