User Tag List

Page 3107 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 210726073007305730973105310631073108310931173157 ... LastLast
Results 31,061 to 31,070 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Even if any of what you just said had an ounce of validity, even if the ONLY event that happened on planet earth was this mindless "news" piece - WHY would you waste the time on it? Anyone who does must have zero respect for their own life essence.
    I don’t know if you’ve noticed it but human beings are incredibly adept at wasting time on banality

If they weren’t, there would be no market for dross like Love Island

And if it’s all part of an insidious plot to re-direct people?

Well all I’ll say is that they haven’t had to try very hard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I don’t know if you’ve noticed it but human beings are incredibly adept at wasting time on banality

If they weren’t, there would be no market for dross like Love Island

And if it’s all part of an insidious plot to re-direct people?

Well all I’ll say is that they haven’t had to try very hard
    Which brings us back to my complaint - they haven't had to try very hard, or at all. Some people are willingly mindless. And I'm wondering, is that a conscious decision, or a biological state, or a political ideology? I don't get it. What's the pay-off for consuming irrelevancies? Obviously this affliction goes way beyond this forum. Somebody explain it to me. Being in possession of a human brain, what makes people attrit that brain at every opportunity? Why is it desirable to be stupid?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they weren’t, there would be no market for dross like Arsenal
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which brings us back to my complaint - they haven't had to try very hard, or at all. Some people are willingly mindless. And I'm wondering, is that a conscious decision, or a biological state, or a political ideology? I don't get it. What's the pay-off for consuming irrelevancies? Obviously this affliction goes way beyond this forum. Somebody explain it to me. Being in possession of a human brain, what makes people attrit that brain at every opportunity? Why is it desirable to be stupid?
    Mate, you're on a football forum
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Mate, you're on a football forum
    Yes, I knew that already. Your point being?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I knew that already. Your point being?
    I think he’s stating that there’s an irony in bemoaning banal conversation on a platform intended to facilitate banal conversation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he’s stating that there’s an irony in bemoaning banal conversation on a platform intended to facilitate banal conversation
    Yeah, I knew that too. I wanted to hear him state his meagre point, in the defence of banality delivered by supposedly intelligent souls at a time where there are so many significant topics of imminent importance that oughtn't be beyond the wit of the supposedly intelligent to consider on the "Currents" thread. As you have probably seen, the media continues to feast on the five dead occupants of their blatant Hollywood product posing as news. Meanwhile we are on the very real brink of nuclear war, the west has been subverted to the point of being non-functional and the antithesis of everything it was engineered (in blood, sweat and tears) to be, and science itself has been cast into the dustbin. The very foundations of culture and civilisation dying and the species itself set to suffer the same fate if trends continue, and not because of anything some little cunt who excels in truant is selling.

So yes, I can see why celeb news is super important and all. And I also accept this is a football forum. But I also wonder what significance either will have if we are crawling around the radioactive dust or applying black leeches as the next great breakthrough in science.

It's possible that sometimes the trivia and the fun and games are only possible if serious people take the time to deal with serious matters. Yet I find it interesting that as the urgency grows the trivia flows at a greater rate of knots.

It's almost as if the seemingly stupid aren't stupid at all, instead just evil.
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 23-06-2023 at 10:25 PM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last time I actually bothered to engage with you, you and I’m sure it was quite earnest on your part stated that female commentators were a slippery slope towards legalised paedophilia…so whilst I have concerns about many aspects of what is happening with western culture I simply don’t have it within me to take your raising the alarm on this matter particularly seriously.
    My very earnest opinion is that you’ve evolved from libertarian crank to just a full blown crank. Even someone as pedestrian as Letters can spot the bullshit in what you proclaim to be the self evident truth happening right under our noses.
    For me the trick has always been to stay skeptical without the whole “we are through the looking glass”. Also as you well know banality is a form of escapism, so even if any of the highly specious ravings you’ve entered into had any weight in reality…the most human reaction would be to look for distraction from the dystopian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last time I actually bothered to engage with you, you and I’m sure it was quite earnest on your part stated that female commentators were a slippery slope towards legalised paedophilia…so whilst I have concerns about many aspects of what is happening with western culture I simply don’t have it within me to take your raising the alarm on this matter particularly seriously.
    My very earnest opinion is that you’ve evolved from libertarian crank to just a full blown crank. Even someone as pedestrian as Letters can spot the bullshit in what you proclaim to be the self evident truth happening right under our noses.
    For me the trick has always been to stay skeptical without the whole “we are through the looking glass”. Also as you well know banality is a form of escapism, so even if any of the highly specious ravings you’ve entered into had any weight in reality…the most human reaction would be to look for distraction from the dystopian.
    Yeah okay, nice reach. So back to the point you have also invested in avoiding. You can pretend it's MY NEWS if you want. But it's still the actual news. Should you care to notice it. Happening as I type this. But I also guess there's some concert going on somewhere where shit will happen, and maybe there's a kid somewhere who's going to get millions for not being much a footballer. Depends what your priorities are in a time of crisis.

It's okay, I was kidding. You can go back to sleep now.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah okay, nice reach. So back to the point you have also invested in avoiding. You can pretend it's MY NEWS if you want. But it's still the actual news. Should you care to notice it. Happening as I type this. But I also guess there's some concert going on somewhere where shit will happen, and maybe there's a kid somewhere who's going to get millions for not being much a footballer. Depends what your priorities are in a time of crisis.

It's okay, I was kidding. You can go back to sleep now.

There’s news and there’s your interpretation of that news, and I don’t have to pretend that your interpretation of that news is deeply subjective (although not especially original though I’m not going to suggest you’re claiming to be)

But help me out here, are you literally stating that we believe the same stuff as you we just can’t admit it ourselves?