User Tag List

Page 3108 of 3204 FirstFirst ... 210826083008305830983106310731083109311031183158 ... LastLast
Results 31,071 to 31,080 of 32040

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    There’s news and there’s your interpretation of that news, and I don’t have to pretend that your interpretation of that news is deeply subjective (although not especially original though I’m not going to suggest you’re claiming to be)

But help me out here, are you literally stating that we believe the same stuff as you we just can’t admit it ourselves?
    Why can't you just argue on the point instead of meandering anywhere but? I'm suggesting it's time to start focusing on important things rather than trivia, not MY things, important things that affect us all. There are times in life when that becomes necessary. The rest of the time, sure, celebs and sport and gossip and bullshit, if that's your thing. But at this particular juncture if the majority doesn't get its shit in gear we're all going to pay an increasingly costly price. All I'm saying is let's encourage some of the worst offenders to up their game. I mean why are you even disputing something so obvious?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This whole discussion is essentially what this song by Bastille is about: https://youtu.be/6OLp72eLLc4
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Why can't you just argue on the point instead of meandering anywhere but? I'm suggesting it's time to start focusing on important things rather than trivia, not MY things, important things that affect us all. There are times in life when that becomes necessary. The rest of the time, sure, celebs and sport and gossip and bullshit, if that's your thing. But at this particular juncture if the majority doesn't get its shit in gear we're all going to pay an increasingly costly price. All I'm saying is let's encourage some of the worst offenders to up their game. I mean why are you even disputing something so obvious?

That’s the point, I don’t agree with you that humanity or western civilisation is at this crucial juncture

And certainly even if I did, my diagnosis would be completely different from yours to make any engagement with you on it rendered meaningless.

Therefore why not quibble over trivia and minutiae because at least can see it for what it is. Rather than engaging in the extreme hubris of believing can galvanise change.

My honest advice to you, if you think that we collectively need to get our shit together be the change you want to see, rather than condemning yourself to exasperated frustration that a few people on a football forum aren’t realising the gravity of the situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finally - HCZ v NQ - this one could roll on for years...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    finally - HCZ v NQ - this one could roll on for years...
    I’m sorry to disappoint you but it’s not going to happen

The replies on things like transfers and the petty bickering that I’m only too delighted to engage in are relatively undemanding in terms of my time. He is in my view getting uppity because Letters is the only one who will probably debate him on things, like with me brevity is not his friend so I’d have to spend a reasonable amount of time just reading the voluminous comments he will make. And TL:DR is a bit of an obnoxious comment to make when actually honestly debating with someone.

In some ways I’ll just get some small measure of pleasure from the belief that he’s becoming genuinely aggrieved that we don’t take his claims as solid clear as daylight fact, at this point I do believe he thinks I’m gaslighting him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s the point, I don’t agree with you that humanity or western civilisation is at this crucial juncture

And certainly even if I did, my diagnosis would be completely different from yours to make any engagement with you on it rendered meaningless.

Therefore why not quibble over trivia and minutiae because at least can see it for what it is. Rather than engaging in the extreme hubris of believing can galvanise change.

My honest advice to you, if you think that we collectively need to get our shit together be the change you want to see, rather than condemning yourself to exasperated frustration that a few people on a football forum aren’t realising the gravity of the situation.
    Be the change you want to be? But don't disturb anyone in the process? You've literally just advised me to do what I actually did. But you don't like the result of your honest advice because MY beliefs somehow make the reality less real? You could have just said, "Not interested", rather than arguing yourself up your own arsehole to avoid a simple point. That's fine. I suggested people take a break from trivia at this rather important time. You say it's not important at all because you don't agree with MY analysis of the situation. Tell me how that works again and how it has anything to do with me.

A million zombies are no use to anyone.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be the change you want to be? But don't disturb anyone in the process? You've literally just advised me to do what I actually did. But you don't like the result of your honest advice because MY beliefs somehow make the reality less real? You could have just said, "Not interested", rather than arguing yourself up your own arsehole to avoid a simple point. That's fine. I suggested people take a break from trivia at this rather important time. You say it's not important at all because you don't agree with MY analysis of the situation. Tell me how that works again and how it has anything to do with me.

A million zombies are no use to anyone.

I’m pretty sure I’ve told you I’m not interested in every single way possible. And I can’t speak for anyone else but I can venture the view that I don’t think anyone else is either.

Be the change you want to see would surely involve you making this call to arms with like minded people, whilst I have an admiration for your stoicism in being the hammer and telling everyone they are surrounded by nails….this is a variation on a theme that you’ve been doing for years….long before I left here in 2018 in fact.

That said, All I can say is if you’re not frustrated by the fact that you’ve made no progress at all, by all means carry on and I’ll stop making suggestions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sorry to disappoint you but it’s not going to happen

The replies on things like transfers and the petty bickering that I’m only too delighted to engage in are relatively undemanding in terms of my time. He is in my view getting uppity because Letters is the only one who will probably debate him on things, like with me brevity is not his friend so I’d have to spend a reasonable amount of time just reading the voluminous comments he will make. And TL:DR is a bit of an obnoxious comment to make when actually honestly debating with someone.

In some ways I’ll just get some small measure of pleasure from the belief that he’s becoming genuinely aggrieved that we don’t take his claims as solid clear as daylight fact, at this point I do believe he thinks I’m gaslighting him
    Of course it won't happen, he says. Before laying out the provocation for a response. Seasoned with increasing self deprecation. What a tasty dish to lay before the guy he definitely doesn't want to talk to.

You got it all wrong. I did my talking. Pages and pages of it over years. Not so much recently, you must have noticed? It's all been said. There are enough, right under your nose, examples to allow even the most feeble-minded to raise a quizzical glance. And they are. Which is why we've gone from lone tin-foil hat nutters in mummy's basement to 50% of the country being deplorable and racist and extreme, or whatever the hell you reasonable folks are calling inquiring minds these days.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m pretty sure I’ve told you I’m not interested in every single way possible. And I can’t speak for anyone else but I can venture the view that I don’t think anyone else is either.

Be the change you want to see would surely involve you making this call to arms with like minded people, whilst I have an admiration for your stoicism in being the hammer and telling everyone they are surrounded by nails….this is a variation on a theme that you’ve been doing for years….long before I left here in 2018 in fact.

That said, All I can say is if you’re not frustrated by the fact that you’ve made no progress at all, by all means carry on and I’ll stop making suggestions
    Fuck sake - why are you responding then?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck sake - why are you responding then?
    Imagine a dining table where two or more people are in conversation, and another person keeps coming up to the table and asking people why they are talking about a certain topic, the two or more people might have absolutely no reason to be curious as to why this other person thinks that…but if this person persistently does it…there comes a point where someone will say to that person “what are you hoping to achieve by this?”