User Tag List

Page 3124 of 3205 FirstFirst ... 212426243024307431143122312331243125312631343174 ... LastLast
Results 31,231 to 31,240 of 32050

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah I'm here Mr Lickspittle. What do you need?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    no i'm not he's one of the most overrated artists of all time - i have ears and i can hear

The truth is most people's knowledge of music is pretty limited, precisely because most radio stations collectively play less than 0.000001% of music ever made.

My shelves are stacked with CDs by people you've never heard of but of whose music i'd rather listen to 1 second of rather than than a whole song by someone like Ponce
    Never realised you were so cool.

Even though you still use CDs.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep your eye on the alien invasion project. As insane as it might be, it looks. like they're going to try and pull it off. If they can convince people of this then all is lost. On the other hand, if I only have Letters laughing at me for saying this is a scam, that'll be a result.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Yeah I'm here Mr Lickspittle. What do you need?
    Someone with a better sense of humour

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep your eye on the alien invasion project. As insane as it might be, it looks. like they're going to try and pull it off.
    Is this the same "they" as were "gearing up for marshal law" or a different one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Is this the same "they" as were "gearing up for marshal law" or a different one?
    I’m not even sure what he’s getting at, and there’s no point in asking him as you’ll get one of those “knowing” cryptic responses. Either he’s saying they are trying to con us by making us believe that there are extraterrestrials in hiding somewhere which if that’s the case I’d have thought they’d have gone to some effort to make the congressional witnesses more credible. Or he’s saying that they are bringing half wits to testify by means of a double bluff, so people think there aren’t aliens when in fact there are.

Who knows, who cares. It’s virtually certain we aren’t the only intelligent life in the galaxy let alone the universe, but given that faster than light travel is a theoretical impossibility we won’t ever meet them to know what they look, sound or smell like. And it’s debatable whether Homo sapiens qualify as intelligent life anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    And it’s debatable whether Homo sapiens qualify as intelligent life anyway
    indeed - halfway through your post I was gearing up to say exactly the same thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never realised you were so cool.

Even though you still use CDs.
    just wait until everyone realises the reasons people gave up vinyl in the first place, namely: a) it damages easily b) it takes far more storage space c) it's boring having to turn over a record every 20-odd minutes and d) it takes far longer and is more complicated to rip a record than ripping a CD

CDs will come storming back in, you mark my words - I'm just ahead of my time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space because there's bugger all down here on earth"
    - Monty Python

I think the question of whether there is intelligent life out there is basically unknowable. Any number we put on the probability of it emerging is little better than a guess and the distances involved make finding out or communicating practically impossible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    given the number of exoplanets in the universe it would be unlikely that there isn't some form of evolved life (let's use that term rather than 'intelligent') somewhere

personally i still think it's really naive that we send those probes out with all sorts of information including our location etc, for any old malevolent alien species to pick up and then come and enslave us or just wipe us all out