User Tag List

Page 3152 of 3204 FirstFirst ... 215226523052310231423150315131523153315431623202 ... LastLast
Results 31,511 to 31,520 of 32037

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I wouldn’t say it’s merely the victim of the ecosystem, but I reckon it’s a factor.
    I didn’t see the article you’re talking about but the BBC do usually cite their sources. But they let themselves down with screaming headlines which are often misleading.
    What I find frustrating is this polarising view from certain people that people like me just blindly believe the MSM. I mean, they just blindly disbelieve the MSM and how is that better? The MSM aren’t always lying, neither are that paragons of truth. So reading a range of sources and cross checking seems like a reasonable thing to do. Just declaring the MSM as “fake news” and then getting your news from some bloke on YouTube who by complete coincidence just happens to share your worldview doesn’t make you a “free thinker”. You’re not “doing your own research”, you’re just listening to people who tell you want to hear.

Now I’m going off on one
    The headline is, why does everything have to be black and white? I miss nuance.
    All I’ve said and quite consistently is that media institutions have contrived to erode trust to the point where more people than would have happened anyway have been pushed into the arms of those who would confirm their bias.

I’m not pretending to be offering an objective view of the situation. Im calling it as I see it. I would not expect any news organisation to simply echo my own sentiments. But the irresponsibility and the betrayal of trust have been utterly stark over the last 11 days.

If I was in control of the BBC I would dispense with News 24 as it doesn’t serve any particular purpose and return to the point where it is simply reporting world events on a regular basis (Breakfast news, lunchtime news, evening news and nine o clock news). The other channels can do what they like as they aren’t taxpayer funded

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can someone please remind me what this thread is all about? "Currants Bw..." <== what does this mean?
    http://i.imgur.com/hPVED72.png

The crueller it is, the sooner it will be over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It started back on 606 as Bergie Wonderland (Bergkamp, Bergy, Boogie, see?)
    It was just a general chat thread so was created here too.
    So it’s not really about anything specifically

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It started back on 606 as Bergie Wonderland (Bergkamp, Bergy, Boogie, see?)
    It was just a general chat thread so was created here too.
    So it’s not really about anything specifically
    that's funny, in my mind it's always been 'Currants Btw' which as you know stands for 'by the way' - it almost made sense that way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    that's funny, in my mind it's always been 'Currants Btw' which as you know stands for 'by the way' - it almost made sense that way
    I just assumed it was a dried fruit appreciation thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.fox9.com/news/watch-mont...tumbleweed.amp

On the subject of awful dad jokes, seems like someone has been going really overboard with telling them here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Currant" refers to an old user called Currant Affairs, who started this thread when the migration from 606 happened.

Back then it was just called BW I think.

Then Flavs restarted it when it got too many replies, giving it its present title which carried on after the second migration from invisionfree.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    https://www.fox9.com/news/watch-mont...tumbleweed.amp

On the subject of awful dad jokes, seems like someone has been going really overboard with telling them here

They're a bigger problem than you might think!
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://news.sky.com/story/tube-driv...-says-12991192

I’m pro freedom of speech so I don’t like anyone being suspended or losing their job. However, what he did was incredibly irresponsible and at time when feeling is running high it’s tantamount to incitement….it would be no different to a driver on the victoria, Piccadilly or london overground line instigating a pro Arsenal or pro Spurs chant on the day of a north london derby.

My attitude is, no one was hurt so no one should lose their livelihood. But he needs to know in no uncertain terms that he’s not to do it again for any reason