User Tag List

Page 3153 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 21532653305331033143315131523153315431553163 ... LastLast
Results 31,521 to 31,530 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And of course some wonderful irony in this typically misjudged contribution here: "The Israeli Embassy said: "It is deeply troubling to see such intolerance on London's Tubes... public transport should be a place of safety and inclusivity for all."

Surely being 'tolerant' and 'inclusive' is allowing people to demonstrate peacefully - not the driver though, he was on duty, but no he shouldn't be sacked but reprimanded

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    And of course some wonderful irony in this typically misjudged contribution here: "The Israeli Embassy said: "It is deeply troubling to see such intolerance on London's Tubes... public transport should be a place of safety and inclusivity for all."

Surely being 'tolerant' and 'inclusive' is allowing people to demonstrate peacefully - not the driver though, he was on duty, but no he shouldn't be sacked but reprimanded
    If people want to chant stupid things on the tube, as long as they are not harassing other people, they can get on with it (of course precluding the Driver, if he wanted to join the March that badly he should have got someone to swap shifts with him)

Although the meaning behind “from the river to the sea” is clear to anyone who isn’t a moron, as it’s not a direct incitement I can’t see any reason to police it….revolting as it is.

Where the Met police went wrong at the event was not to arrest those carrying Hamas or even ISIS flags and the people from Hizb-Uht-Tahrir chanting for a Muslim Army to start a Jihad.

And we are long overdue a national conversation over what it means to hold British values and be integrated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn that sucks.

I grew up on Friends and even today I’ll stick it on if there’s nothing else to watch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually think it’s massively overrated.
    Which doesn’t mean I don’t think it’s good. It is good, MrsL made me watch it all and I enjoyed it.
    But I don’t understand why it’s put on this pedestal and become this international phenomenon.
    It’s good, but it’s not that good.

Although spare me all the bullshit about how it’s fatphobic, transphobic, homophobic, too white…
    The only metric by which a comedy should be judged is whether it’s funny, and it mostly is. Judging all historic comedy by modern sensibilities is nonsensical.

I’m had a fair amount of time for Perry, he had his demons which I thought he’d conquered. Maybe he had, but it took its toll on his body. He did a play in London which he wrote and starred in. Took MrsL to see that as she’s a Friends fan. I enjoyed it.

54 is no age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could watch an episode now and find bits of it funny, but was never a big fan…I could understand why people were but wasn’t my thing. Back then and now I preferred Seinfeld and Frasier in terms of American comedy.

With Matthew Perry, 54 is no age but he was on death’s doorstep five years ago. He seemingly single handedly funded the rehab industry. They say it was a potential drowning incident but I would be surprised if an autopsy doesn’t find drugs in his system and evidence of a coronary incident. Doesn’t make it any less sad, in fact it would be quite tragic that he was never able to escape from his addictions.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 29-10-2023 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was really into Friends for a while, having read the obits it sounds like Perry had a difficult life though, a shame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Friends was a show that just resonated with a lot people of a certain generation. Bunch of 30
    something besties trying to make it in the big city, navigate relationships etc, it was all just very relatable and the comedy was simple but effective. I don’t think it would do as well now because things evolved but for its time I thought it was one of the best.

As for Perry, I’d be very surprised if drugs weren’t involved. He had a lot of demons, series 7 of Friends you could tell he was struggling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)