User Tag List

Page 3182 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 21822682308231323172318031813182318331843192 ... LastLast
Results 31,811 to 31,820 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    got to say i agree with every word of that
    Bit too simplistic an explanation in my view. It overlooks the fact that the coal and steel community formed by the Treaty of Rome was signed up to by countries in Europe because they’d spent centuries going to war with each other. Britain as a more remote island on the continent was more removed. Yes we’d gone to war in Crimea, the Peninsular wars etc in the past 100-150 years but far more few and far between than on the rest the continent plus France and yes Germany had suffered far more in terms of casualties and economic hardship in the Second World War than us. Therefore economic cooperation was seen as a way of making sure it never happened again, with Britain which was going through a decline in its global influence it was more navel gazing and although MacMillan wanted us to join…there was no great enthusiasm in the country as a whole.

Also you simply can’t ignore a difference in culture as a long standing reason for indifference to the European Union. We have far more in common for obvious reasons with the Anglosphere countries

Do I think that it was never considered a big issue for most people other than a few years prior to 2016 ? Yeah that’s self evident in polling. But what’s equally self evident is that the anti EU message that people like Farage promoted only worked because people were receptive to it…they were fed up with things economically and with immigration. When James Goldsmith and his Referendum party had tried to gin up support for leaving twenty years previous he’d got nowhere.

So basically the EU has never been particularly loved by people in this country to begin with. And politicians of both parties played on this, the Lisbon Treaty was signed behind closed doors by Brown (betraying the fact that privately politicians were more pro EU than they claimed to be in public)

None of this particularly matters to me, the only thing I was against was the single currency…and if people understand anything about what happened with Greece, they would be too.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 23-02-2024 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68386864

Interesting that the cause of death was drowning, yeah obviously he was found in the Thames but I’d have assumed that he ended up in the river post mortem. That someone protecting him chucked him in the river after he succumbed to his injuries.

Now the only thing to determine is whether he jumped or was pushed. Dont get me wrong a creature like that…better off dead. But would help to know if we have a potential murder here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68386864

Interesting that the cause of death was drowning, yeah obviously he was found in the Thames but I’d have assumed that he ended up in the river post mortem. That someone protecting him chucked him in the river after he succumbed to his injuries.

Now the only thing to determine is whether he jumped or was pushed. Dont get me wrong a creature like that…better off dead. But would help to know if we have a potential murder here

Was he vaxxed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unfortunately for her Bangladesh takes a very dim view on terrorism and almost certainly would indict her and pass down a death sentence.

She can always try her luck on a dinghy come back to the UK and get a taxpayer funded hotel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    it would be near enough impossible for her to reintegrate into society here. I’d give it a week tops before someone recognised her and took matters into their own hands.
    Sadly no. The ghettos are all over the place now, she'd fine a community willing to accept her with open arms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone see that US Airmen self-immolate? What is wrong with some people?

Last edited by The Wengerbabies; 26-02-2024 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Anyone see that US Airmen self-immolate? What is wrong with some people?

Reminded of A-Level History which looked at the Vietnam war. And this Buddhist Monk who set fire to himself in protest at th government of South Vietnam and its repressive policies towards critics and its overt religious hostility towards non Catholics . Madame Nhu who was the sister in law of Diem the president, and was hated by the Americans because she was forever running her mouth, inflaming tension and it was felt creating more sympathy towards the communist north said of this incident

“If the Buddhists want a barbecue, we are only too happy to supply the petrol and the matches”

Her husband and brother in law were murdered with the complicity of the CIA a few months later. Even Diem had asked her to shut up on more than one occasion….and basically lived in comfortable exile (makes you wonder if she came out with this shit deliberately

I guess my point is, probably best no- one in the Israeli government attempts to make a similarly obnoxious remark
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 26-02-2024 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminded of A-Level History which looked at the Vietnam war.
    I'm in Hanoi at the moment with work. Off to visit a couple of our businesses to understand what they do and how our systems work for them - or don't,
    Fun fact: over here they call it the American war.

Getting here was a pain in the hole. 24 hours door to door - 3 hour layover in Shanghai. And the film selection on the first flight was bloody rubbish. See Film thread for further details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I'm in Hanoi at the moment with work. Off to visit a couple of our businesses to understand what they do and how our systems work for them - or don't,
    Fun fact: over here they call it the American war.

Getting here was a pain in the hole. 24 hours door to door - 3 hour layover in Shanghai. And the film selection on the first flight was bloody rubbish. See Film thread for further details.
    Who in 2024 is still relying on in-flight entertainment?
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Who in 2024 is still relying on in-flight entertainment?
    Most people seemed to be.
    Did Daddy™ get you a tablet and load it up with "content"?
    To be fair, the films these days are usually pretty good. But I flew with some Chinese airline so a lot of the content was geared to that region.