Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck it.

Will sort it soon.

Too tired atm. Went shopping today to get stuff for my cousins wedding as well getting 30 DVDs.

DVDs are over 400 now

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA [email
    WWTL@WHL);2949]Oh...just[/email] checked my account and about £200 has gone. That might be the Olympic money which means I've got something but not very much
    Can't think what else it could be. Bit disappointing really.
    Although it means I'm not bankrupt which is good I guess.
    Could be worse

The sports fan who bid £36,000 for Olympic tickets has frantically upped his credit card limit after bagging seats worth £11,000 this week.
    Golden glow: But Stephen Hunt must pay off a huge £11k debt for his Olympic tickets
    WANT TO KNOW MORE?

SAVINGS ACCOUNT FINDER

Do your own homework on the best savings accounts with our account finder tool.
    ›› Savings tool
    FREE GUIDES

Info on ISAs, share dealing, pensions, gold: delivered free

Stephen Hunt, an insolvency practitioner who featured on the Radio 4 Today programme in May, said the £11,000 was 'about double' what he was hoping for.

He is preparing to plunge into the red and 'scrimp and save' in order to witness the London 2012 Olympic Games in all its glory.

In winning a third of his total bid, Hunt stands in stark contrast to the 250,000 Britons who applied but got nothing.

Some 1.8m people sent in more than 20m requests for just 6.6m seats.

Even sports fans who bid for £4,000 worth of tickets look to have missed out entirely after London 2012 organisers confirmed the vast majority of money was taken by the end of May.

Now Mr Hunt must wait, along with other successful applicants, until 24 June to discover which events he'll be watching. But he confidently expects to have bagged one of the 'big three' – the opening or closing ceremony or the 100m final, which got 1m applications for 40,000 seats.

He is also waiting for the £11,000 to be taken from his account by the London 2012 organisers after the payment was initially declined by his card company because it would have exceeded his credit limit.

The ticket rules state the sports fans must to have sufficient credit - card or current account - for the full payment. Otherwise the transaction fails.

A blocked payment triggers an email from the Games organisers informing the customer that a second debit attempt will be made within a few days. They must make cash available or it's last chance saloon: a second block and the applicant loses every ticket.

'My assumption was, based on the rules, that I would get nothing,' Hunt said. 'So I had this horrible choice on Monday.'

Hunt and his wife flitted with the idea of throwing in the towel having won more tickets than they'd expected. In the end, they decided to ask for a credit extension from their bank.

Hunt told the Today programme: 'We were trying to recall whether or not in the wedding vows [my wife] offered to cherish or obey – it was cherish – but we agreed to go for it.'

Hunt will now have to pay the interest rate on his card – where the average is now 19.1% - along with any other charges until he pays off the £11,000 debt.

He said: 'I'm fortunate, I knew exactly how much I was getting: I had none or I had £11,000.

'I'd rather scrimp and save for a bit extra than be disappointed. I've seen so many people who've not been successful. 'It's what credit cards are for.'

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/savings...#ixzz1O4Z2HEbO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No sympathy. It's his own fault.
    "Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference."

Cheer up. Join the Mindless Optimism Clique™ today! GW's Premier Clique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But think of the sell on value

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a phone call from an agency yesterday putting me forward for a new job hopefully get an interview, and what a small world it is the woman that put me forward for it is an ex work colleague of mine worked with her about 10 years ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    So far i have train, getting kidnapped and hitching.

Good suggestions and will be taken under consideration.

Going there for the Kent University Summer Ball next friday.

Oi, geezer, don't let make you work for anything less than minimum wage and anything that's left on the plates you're clearing you can eat...it'll be a good thing to put on your CV...

Get on your bike...the TDF went there from London a couple of years ago, and it's all down hill...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vpgreg View Post
    No sympathy. It's his own fault.
    Well, he doesn't sound too gutted about it. I didn't want to get everything I guess but I'd have been doing cartwheels had I got a lot more even though it would have wiped out much of my savings. Once in a lifetime and all that.

Trouble with this whole thing is that it seems, looking back, that you either needed to be very lucky or gamble big to get a lot of tickets. I didn't bid for more than I could afford but it seems that I should have done and gambled and just taken the risk that I'd have got in debt. The only way to get a lot of tickets, it seems, is to go big and risk putting yourself in serious debt. Bit of a crappy system but I'm not sure what else they could do - maybe they should have used previous attendance figures to work out the rough pobability of getting each ticket so people had more idea what chances they had. I had no idea so I just went for what I wanted to see and hoped. On the other hand I did go for 20 sessions which is the most you could go for so there's not much else I could have done apart from going for more qualifiers which would give you more chance but be less interesting. Looks like I've got a couple of things, may be able to get more in other rounds of buying.

Morning all, beautiful day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oi, mush, just asking is your Olympic fever going to ratchett up over the coming months? If so surely it's time for an Olympic Forum?...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunny

Got my polo shirt on, and that means it's summer.

Got so much to do today.....hmm...need to factor in GW these days. Will tell my boss I can't possibly do everything :D
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not patriotic enough to care massively more about these Olympics than anyone else's Olympics. Maybe it'd be different if I was slightly closer to the capital. I'd still like to go though. Haven't heard about my judo tickets yet. Does that mean I didn't get em?
    "Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference."

Cheer up. Join the Mindless Optimism Clique™ today! GW's Premier Clique.