User Tag List

Page 3202 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 22022702310231523192320032013202
Results 32,011 to 32,015 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So first you quote Scripture out of context to make it sound like a commandment when in fact it was a character in a story Jesus was telling.
    Now you're shifting the goalposts and talking about what the parable is about. Incorrectly of course, that isn't the main message of the parable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    So first you quote Scripture out of context to make it sound like a commandment when in fact it was a character in a story Jesus was telling.
    Now you're shifting the goalposts and talking about what the parable is about. Incorrectly of course, that isn't the main message of the parable.
    I’m saying there’s numerous examples of Jesus behaving in a way that in any modern context would see him labelled a maniac. Your argument is based on the belief (the false one in my view) that The New Testament is not simply of its time and its words which may be inspiring then seem to be a signposting towards despotism

And the Parable is about how he will occupy a heavenly throne, but that people need to accept him as their saviour now and those that do not are simply denying the truth to themselves and whether he’s talking about earthly punishment or eternal they will suffer for their failure to acknowledge him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Your argument is based on the belief (the false one in my view) that The New Testament is not simply of its time and its words which may be inspiring then seem to be a signposting towards despotism
    No it isn't.

And the Parable is about how he will occupy a heavenly throne, but that people need to accept him as their saviour now and those that do not are simply denying the truth to themselves and whether he’s talking about earthly punishment or eternal they will suffer for their failure to acknowledge him
    No it isn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/s...HsoB8QnTy-X82y

Expect a lot of these kind of laws to be passed by Labour, no money to actually enforce them and will have the unintended consequence of loads of vexatious claims from the removal of the grey area

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it’s particularly clever to smack a child. I just don’t think it should be placed in the same category as beating the living fuck out of a child. And laws like this often are too zealous to make the distinction

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's already been banned in Wales. It seems a bit strange. I mean, I don't think anyone thinks children should be beaten - well, if they do then there's already laws to deal with that.