User Tag List

Page 2724 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 1724222426242674271427222723272427252726273427742824 ... LastLast
Results 27,231 to 27,240 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Bad weather stops the SpaceX launch.
    Ah. I did briefly go upstairs to see if I could see it - apparently visible from here.
    That explains why I didn't!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump just signed an executive order that stops social media from editing or banning lawful speech. I'm no Trump fan but I am all for this. Social media is now being weaponized. Just watch and hear Democrats wailing about how free speech impairs human rights. No irony liberals.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He had a hissy fit because he said something that wasn't true and Twitter flagged it as such. What he said wasn't removed or edited.
    This is a tricky area. If someone spouts bullshit then they should be called out on that, especially if that someone is, say, the president of a very powerful country whose tweets can have consequences. The tricky bit is who is the arbiter of truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    He had a hissy fit because he said something that wasn't true and Twitter flagged it as such. What he said wasn't removed or edited.
    This is a tricky area. If someone spouts bullshit then they should be called out on that, especially if that someone is, say, the president of a very powerful country whose tweets can have consequences. The tricky bit is who is the arbiter of truth.
    If you want to fact check someone with real facts. Don't use CNN or the Washington post as your references then. The difference with Trumps hissy fit as you call it is that he can and has done something about it. Good on him in this instance. I've made several posts criticising Democrats that were removed for no reason. That will now stop.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump should fuck off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 more years. You know its true. If the Dems really wanted to unseat him. They wouldnt have put up a demented, serial liar and a man who cant remember not to put his fut in his mouth every time a microphone is in front of him. This Corona pandemic is their hail mary strategy. Its unsafe to queue up and vote so lets all just send it in by post. They have form when it comes to cheating by vote. Just ask Bernie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, out of Biden and Trump, it's Joe who's the demented, serial liar.

Good one.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    The difference with Trumps hissy fit as you call it is that he can and has done something about it. Good on him in this instance.
    Yes, he's done something about it, because he has the power to. But what is the "it" and is what he's done an abuse of his power?
    He Tweeted something that wasn't factually accurate. Twitter didn't edit or delete the Tweet, they simply flagged it with something to direct people to an article which gave the facts. Where's the issue? Trump got to say his piece but people were also directed to something which gave the facts.
    One of my issues with Trump is that he wants to be able to say and do whatever he wants without consequence or scrutiny.
    That is never OK for the leader of a country, it's particularly not OK for a serial liar like Trump.

Trump actively tries to undermine the press - those who try to hold him to account are "fake news". Now he's trying to stop people like Twitter from scrutinising him. You could argue it's not their job to but someone has to. If he Tweets that people should definitely drink bleach to cure Covid-19 (I know he hasn't, but let's say) then should they just publish that with no warning? You'd like to think that people could work out that it's bad advice but people are pretty stupid.
    Trump comes across as a tinpot dictator - ignore the press, you get your news from ME.

The things leaders say and do should be held up to scrutiny. Trump tries to prevent that. It's dangerous.

I've made several posts criticising Democrats that were removed for no reason. That will now stop.
    I don't believe you. There was obviously a reason - and I don't think the reason was "the man" crushing your opinion. What did you Tweet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wont get into a back and forth with you Its a waste of time. If you have an issue with his executive order. You can mount a legal challenge to it
    or watch and pontificate on here like you always do