Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    On my way back to Manchester.

Wish me luck
    maybe don't wear any Arsenal-related items, they might not be able to guess your affiliation then...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I’m taking to very well
    I’m very proud of Arsenal this season, but I am bitter about how the game has gone in general. Chelsea showed that money buys success. City have shown you can do it with any club if you throw enough money around.

It’s not the clubs’ fault that football is like this, but the correlation between money and success is higher than ever as is the gap between the haves and have nots. Football is set up to create a positive feedback loop to keep it like this. It’s not the game it was when I were a lad
    I think that's the most depressing thing for me, not that we came so close but that the team that won it is so supercharged with cash - probably the most decisive thing is their strength in depth with players like Grealish on the bench for significant periods of time - it's that which enables them to overcome injury related setbacks which would hamper other teams.

But there has to be some recognition of Guardiola - Man Ure and Chelsea show us that you can spend a lot of money but it doesn't go right unless the guy orchestrating the signings and the team knows what they're doing

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m taking to very well
    I’m very proud of Arsenal this season, but I am bitter about how the game has gone in general. Chelsea showed that money buys success. City have shown you can do it with any club if you throw enough money around.

It’s not the clubs’ fault that football is like this, but the correlation between money and success is higher than ever as is the gap between the haves and have nots. Football is set up to create a positive feedback loop to keep it like this. It’s not the game it was when I were a lad
    I'm a lot less invested and interested in football (naturally getting older but for many of the same reasons) but what may finally completely kill it off for me is when league games will be held abroad. And by the looks of it, that isn't very far away.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    But there has to be some recognition of Guardiola
    There does. But he's not the genius some make out. He inherited a very good side. He's made them better for sure but they'd been champions before he got there, he didn't inherit some midtable side and propel them to the top with hard work. Some credit where it's due for the Haaland transfer though, he got him at a steal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never coached where the deck wasn’t already stacked in his favour. Pep can do one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I think that's the most depressing thing for me, not that we came so close but that the team that won it is so supercharged with cash - probably the most decisive thing is their strength in depth with players like Grealish on the bench for significant periods of time - it's that which enables them to overcome injury related setbacks which would hamper other teams.

But there has to be some recognition of Guardiola - Man Ure and Chelsea show us that you can spend a lot of money but it doesn't go right unless the guy orchestrating the signings and the team knows what they're doing
    No I don’t think he gets any recognition, he chose to coach a club which had disgracefully cheated in order to provide him with the resources he needs. Doubtless as you say spending doesn’t equal success (especially if your owner is a retard like Todd Boehly) but you can abuse steroids like Lance Armstrong but it still won’t guarantee success, but it doesn’t make it any more impressive or less cheating when it does.

Plus has he done that well, given the squad at his disposal he should have been winning the Treble every single season

Fuck him, passive aggressive piece of shit. He’s just as culpable as the club he works for

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqiri Is Boss View Post
    what may finally completely kill it off for me is when league games will be held abroad. And by the looks of it, that isn't very far away.
    yeah I'm hoping common sense will prevail but there isn't much of that at FA level

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There does. But he's not the genius some make out. He inherited a very good side. He's made them better for sure but they'd been champions before he got there, he didn't inherit some midtable side and propel them to the top with hard work. Some credit where it's due for the Haaland transfer though, he got him at a steal.
    yes all fair, I'm not saying he's a god or anything and sure he's complicit in any dodgy activity

and yes, it would be very interesting to see how he got on at, say, AFC Wimbledon - he should do that actually, it would make for a TV series so funny i might even subscribe to Netflix to watch it :D