User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Did Walcott dive for the red card?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    You say Henry had to relearn how to play up front and yet he played a handful of matches before scoring and ended up with what was it 26 goals in his first season?
    So what?

One for GP there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Stop. All you ever post is, 'he's nothing special, he can't do this, can't do that, he's nothing compared to this guy....look mate, if that's how far your analysis goes, then don't bother talking to me. I don't want to hear it because you're repeating the same message without any thought or analysis behind it.

I see Walcott's faults all day and I see his shortcomings. The difference between me and you is, my analysis doesn't stop there. I can tell that he's stronger at finishing on the right side, which is his strongest foot, his approach to beating players and the types of runs he makes. He's strong in some areas, weak in others and it's why he shouldn't be playing as a right winger. Maybe it's arm chair management, but I don't give a shit. I like talking with people about the tactical side of the game and watching how different players react to certain things and it's the same for all of the Arsenal players I watch. I don't know everything about football but I like to hear what managers and ex players have to say about the tactical side of football. Now, you've said your piece on Walcott and I don't care to hear what else you have to say because it doesn't interest me. If this is how far your analysis goes, then move on. We've got nothing to discuss here.
    You're right actually there's no point discussing it anymore because you're analysis is pretty much nonsense and based hype and hypothetical scenarios rather than reality.

He's had plenty of chances to prove his worth and you guessed it he's failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    You're right actually there's no point discussing it anymore because you're analysis is pretty much nonsense and based hype and hypothetical scenarios rather than reality.

He's had plenty of chances to prove his worth and you guessed it he's failed.
    Like last season when he scored 13 goals and 8 assists? Despite the fact that he's behind RVP as the guy with the most goals for us? You're like a child. You ignore facts and when I'm talking about technique and the technical side of things, it's like it goes over your head or you just out right refuse to get into it.

I've got no respect for that sort of thing. It's ignorant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like last season when he scored 13 goals and 8 assists? Despite the fact that he's behind RVP as the guy with the most goals for us? You're like a child. You ignore facts and when I'm talking about technique and the technical side of things, it's like it goes over your head or you just out right refuse to get into it.

I've got no respect for that sort of thing. It's ignorant.
    You talk about technique and Walcott, please the guy barely has any technique, this is the reason he can't beat his man, often misses simple chances and has barely progressed in the last 5 years.

People make excuses for this guy because he's English, the facts are he was overhyped and hasn't delivered what was expected of him. In 5+ years he's just not developed into the player people expected and they can't accept that, he's not even managed to make himself a regular for us in that time despite a hatful of chances.

You can quote all the stats you want but look at his performances on the pitch, on the whole those have been very lacking and full of basic errors top footballers just don't make.

He has pace and that's pretty much it, sure that does work against tired defences, but 9 times out of 10 it's ineffective when he starts a game.

There's better players out there and I think we've spent enough time on this guy now, we should find a player with pace and technique who is ready to deliver now, not a player who has yet to prove his worth after years of trying.

Most of the others who have been around as long as him have been shipped out now, so yeah he's had his chance too, English or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rinse and repeat. You keep missing basic points. If a guy can't dribble, but has pace and makes intelligent runs in the box and manages to score 13 goals from the wing even though he's inconsistent on the wing, what's the best position for him on the field?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fact, let's take Theo out of the equation because his name must drive you mental.

Let's talk about Bendtner. Good in the air, not a bad finisher, strong but inconsistent with his first touch, had no pace and isn't the most skilful player in the world. He's a right footer and can't shoot with his left. Do you stick that sort of player out on the right wing in a 4-3-3 formation?

Arshavin...30 years old, a great playmaker with one touch passing ability, great technically, lots of pace but poor stamina, seems comfortable on either foot, dangerous around the box. Considering his age and lack of defensive awareness, wouldn't it be better to play him behind the striker and give him a free role similar to how Bergkamp played for us? His passing and shooting ability outweighs his dribbling skills and defensive awareness.

Do you see what I'm getting at? Most managers are able to make do with players with certain limitations and get the beat out of them. We play far too many players out of position and it's costing us. We could get more out of a lot of our players but we play this rigid system. All I'm doing is weighing up the pros and cons of certain players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fact, let's take Theo out of the equation because his name must drive you mental.

Let's talk about Bendtner. Good in the air, not a bad finisher, strong but inconsistent with his first touch, had no pace and isn't the most skilful player in the world. He's a right footer and can't shoot with his left. Do you stick that sort of player out on the right wing in a 4-3-3 formation?

Arshavin...30 years old, a great playmaker with one touch passing ability, great technically, lots of pace but poor stamina, seems comfortable on either foot, dangerous around the box. Considering his age and lack of defensive awareness, wouldn't it be better to play him behind the striker and give him a free role similar to how Bergkamp played for us? His passing and shooting ability outweighs his dribbling skills and defensive awareness.

Do you see what I'm getting at? Most managers are able to make do with players with certain limitations and get the beat out of them. We play far too many players out of position and it's costing us. We could get more out of a lot of our players but we play this rigid system. All I'm doing is weighing up the pros and cons of certain players.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter